Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 04:44 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,762,054 times

Advertisements

the real funny in this post is how it started with MCCAIN IS DOING AMAZING THINGS IN CEDAR RAPIDS BUT OBAMA ISNT LOL...yet there has been no mention of this in the media (I know, liberal run media controlled by Fidel Castro) and the original poster neglected to include a link. Then, once we hit the page with Obama shoveling dirt (still no McCain photo ops), he is putting on a political show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2008, 05:52 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post

Senator Barack Obama left the campaign trail this weekend to grab a shovel and help his home state fend off floodwaters.

He joined volunteers with shoveling sand into bags near the Mississippi River.
Obama Visits Flooded Areas In Illinois - KYPost.com
haha, after the photo op, how many babies did he kiss? I know that I usually show up to do hard work in a collared shirt. doesn't look the like the pants and boots fit him. I wonder why? I wonder if obama noticed this an hour later when he was in a limo to get some authentic sushi.

Old 06-15-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I can certainly accept the argument that this was mainly a photo-op, but what a great photo-op it is - Obama doing actual work to help out actual people doing actual work. Say all you want, but Obama and his team are good - real good. Let's compare photo-op's of leadership in times of crisis:

why don't you put up some pictures of john mccain being tortured in a POW camp? see, barack's life has always been cake. he has never overcome anything. let's put some stuff into context friend.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:30 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
the real funny in this post is how it started with MCCAIN IS DOING AMAZING THINGS IN CEDAR RAPIDS BUT OBAMA ISNT LOL...yet there has been no mention of this in the media (I know, liberal run media controlled by Fidel Castro) and the original poster neglected to include a link. Then, once we hit the page with Obama shoveling dirt (still no McCain photo ops), he is putting on a political show.
It is funny. I hate to make a big deal out of what is little more than a photo-op but apparently this is a big deal. To voters.

How can I tell? Because the republicans are really squirming on this one. I mean really squirming. The usual attempts to twist this story are surprisingly weak.

And the most vulnerable spot seems to be the infamous cake photo. Looks like we have a real Achilles heel. Interesting.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:40 AM

268 posts, read 100,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Sunshine you asked:
**** For those goofs who keep talking about where was McCain during Katrina, I ask you the same question, where the heck was Obama before, during and after Katrina ?????

Thus for your perusal the following is offered:

When The Cameras Are Off: Barack Obama’s Hurricane Katrina Record « Think On These Things

Here is Barack Obama’s record on rebuilding after Hurricane Katrina.

* Sept. 2, 2005: Obama holds press conference urging Illinoisans to contribute to the Hurricane Katrina relief efforts.
* Sept. 5, 2005: Obama goes to Houston to visit evacuees with Presidents Clinton and Bush.
* Sept. 7, 2005: Obama introduces bill to create a national emergency family locator system
* Sept. 8, 2005: Obama introduces bill to create a National Emergency Volunteers Corps.
* Sept. 8, 2005: Obama co-sponsors the Katrina Emergency Relief Act of 2005 introduced by Senator Harry Reid
* Sept. 8, 2005: Obama co-sponsors the Hurricane Katrina Bankruptcy Relief and Community Protection Act of 2005 introduced by Senator Russ Feingold
* Sept. 12, 2005: Obama introduces legislation requiring states to create an emergency evacuation plan for society’s most vulnerable
* Sept. 15, 2005: Obama issues public response to President Bush’s speech about Gulf Coast rebuilding.
* Sept. 21, 2005: Obama co-sponsors bill to establish a Katrina commission to investigate response to the disaster introduced by Hillary Clinton

This is just a starter. So there now research and it is amazing the answers to your questions that are out there. Now I will admit that this is a pro Obama site so I am sure you will provide a listing with links of all that Mr. McCain has done that far exceeds that of that other person
What say you now, Sunshine Chick?

Old 06-16-2008, 10:43 AM

268 posts, read 100,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Great job Obama. You showed up alittle late and a few homes short. And only after the press went after you for not even mentioning it did you do something.

Can you say GRANDSTAND!

This reminds me of John Kerry and his gun episode.
So if he helps, he's grandstanding. Why bother posting when all you want to do is show how much you hate Obama. You lose your credibility in so doing and certainly will garner no support.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:48 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
so...it's Monday afternoon....where's Mr. Helpful John McCain? Oh! "Standing ready" from the shores of Riverside, California.

Well, the town name is close! Give the guy a break, he was a POW.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
so...it's Monday afternoon....where's Mr. Helpful John McCain? Oh! "Standing ready" from the shores of Riverside, California.

Well, the town name is close! Give the guy a break, he was a POW.
I thought that mccain was in VA today and obama was in MI??

Old 06-16-2008, 03:48 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times
I was at the VA today for a Pre-Op EKG. I looked for McCain but did not see him. Steve

Old 06-16-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
I was at the VA today for a Pre-Op EKG. I looked for McCain but did not see him. Steve
virginia silly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections