Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 07:40 PM

472 posts, read 1,544,343 times

Advertisements

Thought this was funny:

YouTube - I'm Voting Republican
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 09:23 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Perfect. I was hoping that someone else posted this.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:10 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
That commercial was for wussies.

I'm voting Rethuglican because:

- We need another shot at blowing up the levees in New Orleans and this time succeeding at what Bush failed to accomplish.

- I'll be able to sell to fellow Repub slave traders, any Iraqi children that survive the war

- A national holiday will be declared that allows Registered Republicans (only) to hunt, harrass, offend and torture anyone we want (except fellow Repubs). At will. For 24 hours.

- I'll be able to harvest the organs of gays, women and minorites at will. For profit.

- Only white guys (of which I am one) will get ALL of the money this time around. Not just most of it.

- All wives will stop giving their husbands their opinions by Executive Order.

- This will be followed by another Executive Order that requires women with complaints to "keep it to themselves, girlfriends or gay male friends".

- I'll finally get to write off my dues to the "He-Man Woman Haters Club".

YeeeeeHawww

Old 06-18-2008, 12:23 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,609,698 times
A very funny parody of the exact truth about Republicans [we can be sure that they won't see anything to laugh about - hey what's wrong w/ being a total jerk?

Old 06-18-2008, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
A very funny parody of the exact truth about Republicans [we can be sure that they won't see anything to laugh about - hey what's wrong w/ being a total jerk?
Ohhhh! That really hurt.

Wait, no it didn't. As a Rethug, I don't have any feelings.

Well, except for the excitement I feel when I'm killing mammals for sport or forcing a Prius off the road with my Escalade.

Parody??? I was as serious as an outraged feminist in a Mosque.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
[we can be sure that they won't see anything to laugh about
Yeah. I hear that those re-education camps can be a real drag.

You'll have to catch me first

Old 06-18-2008, 04:00 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,701,855 times
Its funny because most of the people in this video are pawns or "numbers" for the Democratic party and political votes, but the people don't actually believe most of that in their daily lives.

I will be voting Republican because.......I HAVE A BRAIN!!! I dont follow the Obama bandwagon.

Old 06-18-2008, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Its funny because most of the people in this video are pawns or "numbers" for the Democratic party and political votes, but the people don't actually believe most of that in their daily lives.

I will be voting Republican because.......I HAVE A BRAIN!!! I dont follow the Obama bandwagon.
And you, my friend, are another candidate for re-education.

Old 06-18-2008, 04:57 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
I am voting Republican because only rich white people should be able to go to college and dream the American dream!

I am voting Republican because I don't deserve health care

I am voting Republican because I want to be paid less at work

I am voting Republican because I want my children to be poisoned by imported toys

Old 06-18-2008, 06:35 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
I received this in an e-mail this morning. This is just part of the reason I am voting for John McCain. He is a real person not a created image to get votes.
John McCain's Sons
Talk about putting your most valuable where your mouth is! Apparently this was not 'newsworthy' enough for the media to comment about. Can either of the other presidential candidates truthfully come close to this? ... Just a question for each of us to seek an answer, and not a statement.
You see...character is what's shown when the public is not looking. There were no cameras or press invited to what you are about to read about, and the story comes from one person in New Hampshire .
----------------------------------------
One evening last July, Senator John McCain of Arizona arrived at the New Hampshire home of Erin Flanagan for sandwiches, chocolate-chip cookies and a heartfelt talk about Iraq . They had met at a presidential debate, when she asked the candidates what they would do to bring home American soldiers - -
soldiers like her brother, who had been killed in action a few months earlier.
Mr. McCain did not bring cameras or press. Instead, he brought his youngest son, James McCain, 19, then a private first class in the Marine Corps about to leave for Iraq Father and son sat down to hear more about Ms. Flanagan's brother Michael Cleary, a 24-year-old Army First Lieutenant killed by an ambush ... a roadside bomb.

No one mentioned the obvious: In just days, Jimmy McCain could face similar perils. 'I can't imagine what it must have been like for them as they were coming to meet with a family that ......' Ms. Flanagan recalled, choking up. 'We lost a dear one,' she finished.
Mr. McCain, now the presumptive Republican nominee, has staked his candidacy on the promise that American troops can bring stability to Iraq. What he almost never says is that one of them is his own son, who spent seven months patrolling Anbar Province and learned of his father's New Hampshire victory in January while he was digging a stuck military vehicle out of the mud.

Two of Jimmy's three older brothers went into the military. Doug McCain, 48, was a Navy pilot. Jack McCain, 21, is to graduate from the Naval Academy next year, raising the chances that his father, if elected, could become the
first president since Dwight D. Eisenhower with a son at war.
----------------------------------------
I chose to share this with those who I believe will pass it on, to others who will pass it on. We hear so much inflated trash out there. How about a simple act of kindness .. and dedication to others placed above oneself?

Has anybody heard if Barack Hussein Obama has served in The American Armed Services?
This is for all you Barack voters.
From Barack's book, Audacity of Hope:
'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'
HE DID NOT SAY STAND WITH AMERICANS!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections