Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: WOULD ADDING HILLARY TO THE TICKET ENABLE OBAMA TO DEFEAT MCCAIN?
YES 12 42.86%
NO 13 46.43%
MAYBE 3 10.71%
I DON'T KNOW 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 03:39 PM

994 posts, read 1,544,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vter4ever View Post
If anything Hillary would hurt his campaign more than help. He needs a more conservative, white male in order to win this election. The hardest demographic for him to win will be middle class, working, white males.
Do you really think that there are white male voters out there who would switch from McCain to Obama, if a white male was on Obama's ticket?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 03:40 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,441,841 times
Quote:
If anything Hillary would hurt his campaign more than help. He needs a more conservative, white male in order to win this election. The hardest demographic for him to win will be middle class, working, white males.
Yeah, I heard that he will be OK with the women vote, but it is the middle class, working, white male vote that he will need.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:49 PM

161 posts, read 384,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeet View Post
Do you really think that there are white male voters out there who would switch from McCain to Obama, if a white male was on Obama's ticket?
I'm not concerned with the white male vote who plans on voting for McCain, however there seems to be a very large population of registered independents and democrats who would NOT vote for Hillary. (who are white, middle class, working males) Some people refuse to vote for Hillary, for whatever reasons, which could sway them to either not vote at all or vote for McCain. Independents have a hard enough time voting for someone as liberal as Obama but with the right support in the forms of Edwards or Webb for example, that might be enough to pull the much needed votes in that demographic.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Yeah, I heard that he will be OK with the women vote, but it is the middle class, working, white male vote that he will need.
In my experience (and yes I am a women) my female counterparts have been willing to vote for a democratic candidate because they are simply democrats. Not to imply that women will just vote for the sake of voting, but they are more willing to accept a candidate because they feel strongly for what the democratic party stands for. White males on the other hand will be more likely to not vote for a candidate regardless if it's their only choice, due to a personal reason. Again, this is my opinion. This is the reason why I believe that the women's vote is more secure than the middle class working males.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:05 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,954,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Would the anti-Clinton vote erode his lead and give McCain the election?
Absolutely agree with you, the dislike of Hillary runs very deep in some people and others that have just become engaged recently in the political process have been turned off by the way she carried herself during this campaign. I'm afraid more harm than good would come out of this.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
I'm not concerned with the white male vote who plans on voting for McCain, however there seems to be a very large population of registered independents and democrats who would NOT vote for Hillary. (who are white, middle class, working males) Some people refuse to vote for Hillary, for whatever reasons, which could sway them to either not vote at all or vote for McCain. Independents have a hard enough time voting for someone as liberal as Obama but with the right support in the forms of Edwards or Webb for example, that might be enough to pull the much needed votes in that demographic.
I can't see how an independent or Democrat would feel as strongly against Hillary as all of the Hillary-hating right-wingers, Rush, O'Really, et al. I don't see much difference in the positions of Hillary and Obama, as compared to a McCain. I supported Gravel, Kucinich or Paul, so I am fairly well disconnected with the mainstream candidates, but as an independent would certainly favor either Obama or Hillary over McCain.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:59 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times
even if Hillary was on the ticket, Obama is still a jerk
and does not need to be president.
I voted for and supported Hillary because she is better for our country than Obama,
I would not vote for Obama just because Hillary would be on the ticket.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeet View Post
I can't see how an independent or Democrat would feel as strongly against Hillary as all of the Hillary-hating right-wingers, Rush, O'Really, et al. I don't see much difference in the positions of Hillary and Obama, as compared to a McCain. I supported Gravel, Kucinich or Paul, so I am fairly well disconnected with the mainstream candidates, but as an independent would certainly favor either Obama or Hillary over McCain.
I would hope that most democrats or independents would vote for either Obama or Hillary but just as the previous poster stated, some will NOT vote for Obama. As will some not vote for Hillary for reasons they admittedly deny that it has nothing to do with her being a women. Just as so many people say that they will not vote for Obama but it has nothing to do with race. Like you stated there is very little difference between the two candidates but people still refuse to vote for one or the other.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:16 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times
I happen to feel strongly about a president's character, Obama to me, has shown
he is of poor character. That is why I will not vote for him.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I happen to feel strongly about a president's character, Obama to me, has shown
he is of poor character. That is why I will not vote for him.
Like McCain has shown great character? HAHAHA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections