Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 09:59 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times

Advertisements

Evangelical Leader Blasts 2006 Obama Speech : NPR

Quote:
"Now that is a fruitcake interpretation of the Constitution," Dobson said. "This is why we have elections. To support what we believe to be wise and moral. We don't have to go to the lowest common denominator of morality, which is what he is suggesting."
Another awakening.

It's no secret Obama is going after this segment of the population. Having this guy against you might be the nail in the coffin, though.

2006 video of Obama;

CitizenLink: Dr. Dobson's Take on Obama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 10:02 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,796,244 times
From your piece.

And I think on the other hand, he's frustrated that Sen. Obama's outreach to evangelicals seems to be getting some traction at the grass-roots level, as well as among a number of prominent evangelical leaders," he adds.

Earlier this month, for example, Obama met with more than a dozen evangelical leaders, including Franklin Graham and T.D. Jakes. Several said they walked away impressed with Obama's faith. And polls suggest that many younger, moderate evangelicals are interested in Obama.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:03 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,851,443 times
How desperate must this loser Dobson be? Shouldn't he be telling us that Ted Haggard is cured? Or some of his other fairy tales. The days of the ultra strong influence of the "theo-cons" is fading fast. More likely it's a nail in the coffin of Dobson, except among the fringe that fall for his c**p.

golfgod

Old 06-24-2008, 10:05 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
the church is a powerful influence for action in the black community. i do not think he will disregard that. he is a skilled politician and will play this card well.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:18 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,616,091 times
Obama is a temporary Christain, just borrowing it to hide his real beliefs.

Obama the tax monger will be lucky to get a small percent of this vote due to his comment about the bible.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:35 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,750,300 times
Dobson is against McCain too, he even said there is no way in hell he would vote for him.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:38 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,257,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
How desperate must this loser Dobson be? Shouldn't he be telling us that Ted Haggard is cured? Or some of his other fairy tales. The days of the ultra strong influence of the "theo-cons" is fading fast. More likely it's a nail in the coffin of Dobson, except among the fringe that fall for his c**p.

golfgod
This survey published today indicates U.S. are tolerant of other religions. Its results seem to be in direct opposition of Dobson and others of his ilk who preach intolerance. Young evangelicals may not agree with dems on social issues, but do on global warming and the Iraq war. I agree Dobson's losing his grip. Who's the fruitcake here?
NY Times Advertisement
Clip:
Although a majority of Americans say religion is very important to them, nearly three-quarters of them say they believe that many faiths besides their own can lead to salvation, according to a survey by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life.

Last edited by tigerlily; 06-24-2008 at 11:15 PM..

Old 06-24-2008, 10:43 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
From your piece.

And I think on the other hand, he's frustrated that Sen. Obama's outreach to evangelicals seems to be getting some traction at the grass-roots level, as well as among a number of prominent evangelical leaders," he adds.

Earlier this month, for example, Obama met with more than a dozen evangelical leaders, including Franklin Graham and T.D. Jakes. Several said they walked away impressed with Obama's faith. And polls suggest that many younger, moderate evangelicals are interested in Obama.

Doesn't sound like any nail hit a coffin .....

Old 06-25-2008, 05:28 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,794,997 times
JAMES DOBSON:
“And if I can’t get everyone to agree with me, it is undemocratic to try to pass legislation that I find offensive to the Scripture. That is a fruitcake interpretation of the Constitution” (Focus on the Family Broadcast).
“Am I required in a democracy to conform my efforts in the political arena to his bloody notion of what is right with regard to the lives of tiny babies?" (Focus on the Family Broadcast).

BARACK OBAMA SAYS:
“Democracy demands that the religiously motivated translate their concerns into universal, rather than religion-specific, values. It requires that their proposals be subject to argument, and amenable to reason. I may be opposed to abortion for religious reasons, but if I seek to pass a law banning the practice, I cannot simply point to the teachings of my church or evoke God's will. I have to explain why abortion violates some principle that is accessible to people of all faiths, including those with no faith at all” (A Call to Renewal).

James Dobson Doesn't Speak For Me

Old 06-25-2008, 06:09 AM

509 posts, read 691,692 times
Dobson & his religious right need to self reflex. Dobson and others like him brought us Bush, now they say that was a mistake, a little late.
His followers are nothing but lemmings unable to lead themselves they require someone to lead them.
Anyone who truly believes in God cannot take people like Dobson serious.
He will lead them right over a cliff into the gates of hell!
Just like Wright this guy believes himself to be very important to God & country, they have failed in both cases.
I surprised Dobson or Hagee or any of the other elitist preachers have not said yet that the Iowa floods are the result of Gods revenge for Iowans voting for Obama.
There is a reason religion is separate from government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections