Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Obama and McCain in a STREET FIGHT who would WIN?
Obama 50 50.51%
McCain 39 39.39%
No one 10 10.10%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 11:21 AM

17,998 posts, read 9,063,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Can they use trash can lids? Can they use concrete blocks? Are we standing around betting amongst ourselves, or are we tossing coins at the one who appears to prevailing?
lets limit the weapons to shanks,folding chairs, and trash can lids
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 11:25 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,804 times
Just wanted to get the facts right, John McCain has had four bouts with SKIN CANCER, all of us have it in one form or other.

Upton and others keep bringing up cancer without stating the facts about it. He makes it out like its something horrible that will cause McCain troubles and is trying to deceive the misinformed reader about it.

By the way since you want to talk about health, McCain was given an A-OK by a TEAM of doctors and his skin cancer was okd by the top dermatoligist at Mayo Clinic.

Also, he recently took a stress test running on a tread mill for 10 minutes when in fact most people give up after 4 or 5 minutes this very healthy man of 70 ran on it for a full 10 minutes that the doctors need to get a full and complete stress test.

He released 1, 173 pages of his medical documents. Obama has released 0. The only thing Obama has done is send a one page letter from of course his family paid doctor.

Why hasnt Obama taken a full and complete physical from a real doctor at a real hospital and made it public? Something to hide?

McCain has passed his with flying colors, now it is Obamas turn.

Waiting for Obamas medical exam and medical records for the last 8 years like McCain released.

So who would win a street fight, I know who would, the healthy one who has released his medical records named McCain.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:25 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
There you go again, can you give links to this so called cancer issue?

Do you mean the skin cancer and you are just making it out like it was some other form of cancer?

That would be like me going around the thread saying that Obama is frail and skinny because he has had aids or something.

Provide facts about his cancer that you go back to over and over again.

Here's a link to his 5 1/2 hour cancer surgery he had in 2000. In which he had lymph nodes removed as well as part of his salivary gland.
No Complications in McCain Cancer Surgery - New York Times

McCain has had other less serious cancer surgeries in 1993, 2002, and Feb. of this year.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:27 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
lets limit the weapons to shanks,folding chairs, and trash can lids
definitely folding chairs! I type w two fingers so make many mistakes in the course of a post and am laughing too hard to see so hope this makes sense

they can swat each other with theatre programs too.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:29 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,233,697 times
Oh good grief. I thought this was supposed to be light-hearted/funny/not-so-serious

Old 07-05-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Why hasnt Obama taken a full and complete physical from a real doctor at a real hospital and made it public? Something to hide?

McCain has passed his with flying colors, now it is Obamas turn.

Waiting for Obamas medical exam and medical records for the last 8 years like McCain released.
Normie and I covered this already in "Ovaloscopy"

Old 07-05-2008, 11:36 AM

17,998 posts, read 9,063,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
Oh good grief. I thought this was supposed to be light-hearted/funny/not-so-serious

this is light-hearted/funny/ semi-serious

i was just thinking the other day when i got in a fight with a friend when i was younger and thought. if the presidency of the United States of America was settled by a street fight who would win? Obama or McCain?

Obama looks like a strong verile man but he is inexperienced and was born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

McCain has been around for a long time POW, survived almost being killed in a explosion in 1968, survived/battling cancer.

Just got me thinking!

Old 07-05-2008, 11:41 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
McCain, because of his previous bouts, is at a much higher risk for a reoccurrence, as are all cancer survivors.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:56 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,389,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post

Obama looks like a strong verile man but he is inexperienced and was born with a silver spoon in his mouth.
This keeps getting repeated. Why? Obama wasn't raised particularly wealthy. Not compared to most prominent politicians. (Bush. Kerry. Kennedy. When have any of these dudes ever had to work a day?) It'd de rigeur for the political elite to be from the ruling class, and Obama doesn't make the cut. Even now, McCain has 40 times the net worth of Obama.

I know we want to ram home this image of "Obama as elitist" because he like to use them big words, but it really isn't factual. Not in the context of national politics.

So. Enough of that.

BACK TO THE TALK OF TAIL WHOOPIN'!

Old 07-05-2008, 11:57 AM

WC Fields was way ahead of you, gsdude. He proposed that candidates for the presidency meet in an arena and beat each other to death with socks filled with horse manure. Yass, yass.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections