Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 02:56 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,159,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Iraq was in violation of the terms of a surrender that ended the Gulf war. Why all the shuckin and jivin, it is what it is.
Obviously. We found all those WMDs, right? Yeah. Thought so.

I know in the amount of time between my links posted and your response that there is no way you read the information I presented. It really would make you reconsider the idea that Iraq was a threat. Our own intelligence agencies said they weren't. Blix didn't know. Iraq turned over more than 12000 pages of documents to comply with the resolution 1441. We still went to the security council (Powell) with made up crap. Where are those mobile tankers? Don't say they moved. You know as well as I that every inch of that country was under satellite surveillance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 02:57 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,795,499 times
Quote:
Iraq was in violation of the terms of a surrender that ended the Gulf war. Why all the shuckin and jivin, it is what it is.
The shuckin and jivin was all done by Bush and his administration. Remember all the "Mushroom Cloud" talk. And the "Can we risk another 9/11" talk.

If Bush just came out and said, my fellow Americans we must go to War. Why?
Iraq is in violation of the terms of surrender that ended the Gulf War.
Nobody would have jumped on that train, buddy.

And I love people that say, I am not into politics, but I respect and mourn our troops. That means Nothing in the real world.

"Respect" and 50 cents gets you a donut.

If people "cared" about the troops they would start demanding some real accountability relative to how and where they get put in danger, and with what equipment and training.

Old 07-13-2008, 03:00 PM

Iraq Survey Group Final Report

Quote:
"While a small number of old, abandoned chemical munitions have been discovered, ISG judges that Iraq unilaterally destroyed its undeclared chemical weapons stockpile in 1991. There are no credible Indications that Baghdad resumed production of chemical munitions thereafter, a policy ISG attributes to Baghdad’s desire to see sanctions lifted, or rendered ineffectual, or its fear of force against it should WMD be discovered."
That's what Bush's own group looking for WMDs reported back to him. They weren't in violation. Nor did the UN Security Council give us their blessing until Powell went in there with all the bogus mobile chemical weapons "intelligence".

Old 07-13-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
The shuckin and jivin was all done by Bush and his administration. Remember all the "Mushroom Cloud" talk. And the "Can we risk another 9/11" talk.

If Bush just came out and said, my fellow Americans we must go to War. Why?
Iraq is in violation of the terms of surrender that ended the Gulf War.
Nobody would have jumped on that train, buddy.
Twice, Bush made a speech using information that the British had already determined to be wrong. Twice he made the 45 minute claim. Once in Cincinnati, again in the White House Rose Garden. Both times, the CIA had already told him that information was one sourced and not credible. Had the media done it's job, we wouldn't be in the mess we're in today. Bush might have gone to war in Afghanistan, but we wouldn't be facing a $10 trillion national debt and the inflation that hasn't even started to hit us because of the spending and borrowing.

I don't envy the next President. Obama is right, we need some change. Unfortunately, he's just more of the same. It wouldn't surprise me if he invaded Pakistan touching off another war in the name of keeping us safe.

Old 07-13-2008, 03:09 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,881,815 times
uh huh. Now some guy named blix decides when we can or cannot protect our interests abroad. Saddam had to be removed, he and his sons were murdering dictators. If dubya had to lie to serve the greater good then he did a hell of a job.

I dont read the garbage others google up and drag back here, I choose the information I read

not you

Old 07-13-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
uh huh. Now some guy named blix decides when we can or cannot protect our interests abroad. Saddam had to be removed, he and his sons were murdering dictators. If dubya had to lie to serve the greater good then he did a hell of a job.

I dont read the garbage others google up and drag back here, I choose the information I read

not you
Wow. I'm done with you forever. Have a nice life.

Old 07-13-2008, 03:17 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,795,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
And that is what we have to deal with. Awesome exchange.

Old 07-13-2008, 03:20 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,881,815 times
I have a very nice life, thanx for getting out of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post

Old 07-13-2008, 03:29 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Michael Shurer (ex-CIA agent that created the secret rendition program under Clinton and was the Bin Laden group head until 2005) says that we've lost Afghanistan. There's no coming back from where it's gone while we were trying to win Iraq.
Who TF is he? Didn't he and his ilk also say we LOST Iraq?

Old 07-13-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
And that is what we have to deal with. Awesome exchange.
You and I disagree on the candidates. We disagree on a lot of issues. However, I cannot understand how anyone would say that it's okay to send more than 4000 American soldiers to their deaths in Iraq based on a lie told by the President of the United States. I don't understand how that sort of thing can be supported. And then, these same people turn around and say that those of us opposed to the war in Iraq don't support the troops? It makes no sense.

If you want to know what it means to support our troops,

- don't make their families take up collections for their body armor
- armor their humvees so they don't lose their lives and limbs unnecessarily
- don't send them into someone else's civil war
- don't send them to war unless you would send your own kids
- when they come home, don't you dare warehouse them with cockroaches at Walter Reed
- when their bodies are returned to the country they'll never see again, don't whisk their flag draped coffins away in the middle of the night because it's bad for PR to see their bodies
- don't you ever write letters to their spouses or children with a computer, you write it with your own hand.

But no, the Democrats won't do any of that. They continue to vote for funding Iraq even after Maliki says he wants us to leave. It's time to come home. Support the troops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections