Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 12:05 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times

Advertisements

Barack Obama purges Web site critique of surge in Iraq

Quote:
The presumed Democratic nominee replaced his Iraq issue Web page, which had described the surge as a "problem" that had barely reduced violence.
I guess Obama FINALLY realized how utterly pathetic, foolish and moronic he looked to continue his mantra of "the surge has not worked" drivel.

I can see the ads now. This is the gift that will continue to give - another weak liberal candidate consistently on the wrong side of the issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 12:33 PM
mga

230 posts, read 397,697 times
Obama; Purges all criticism of the Surge from website

of course he would. obama is basically a wimp and what appears to be an arrogant spoiled brat who hasn't yet grown up.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:41 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,418,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

I guess Obama FINALLY realized how utterly pathetic, foolish and moronic he looked to continue his mantra of "the surge has not worked" drivel.

I can see the ads now. This is the gift that will continue to give - another weak liberal candidate consistently on the wrong side of the issues.

If it were any other election year, this fraud wouldn't have a chance in hell. We can thank Dubya, however, for paving the way for so much upset with his administration that people are desperately searching for something "different."

They don't know it yet, but they're going to be getting the same old crap wrapped in a new package.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:42 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,605,313 times
Haven't we criticized the current Administration for mis-information. If his assessment then was based upon that point in time, and conditions have changed, don't we want a Presidential candidate who recognizes a change and corrects information? I don't want Senator McCain or Obama giving me old information, call it a flip-flop or whatever you wish, but when it comes to National Security, these guys better be up to date.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:52 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
If his assessment then was based upon that point in time, and conditions have changed, don't we want a Presidential candidate who recognizes a change and corrects information?
He formulated his position without EVER talking to ANY of the commanders to ascertain the progress or conditions on the ground.

He continued to deny (as have most dems/libs) the success of the surge even with the facts smacking him upside the head.

The last time he went to Iraq was 900+ days ago. He has never sat down with Patreus.

He was hoping, along with the dems/libs in congress and our enemies, that things would turn out differently, that the surge would fail.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:08 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,868,263 times
Quote:

Remember SNL used to have the Church Lady? In light of Obama and his Trinity friends, I must say about this purge of information like the Church Lady said.......

"How Conveeeeeenient".

Old 07-15-2008, 01:14 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,735,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Haven't we criticized the current Administration for mis-information. If his assessment then was based upon that point in time, and conditions have changed, don't we want a Presidential candidate who recognizes a change and corrects information? I don't want Senator McCain or Obama giving me old information, call it a flip-flop or whatever you wish, but when it comes to National Security, these guys better be up to date.
The point is not that he flipflooped but rather that he lacked the judgment to make a sound decision on the issue. Recall that during the primaries his strong selling point to the anti-war Left was that his speaking out against the war early on was indicative of his sound judgment and that Hillary, by supporting the war, was lacking in judgment. When Patreus appreared before his committee last September to defend the surge Obama got in his anti-war licks. Maybe he should have done more listening and less lecturing (he's remarkably good at lecturing). He might have learned something and, in the process, made a sound decision to support the surge. Now that the surge, by any measure, has proven successful he is trying to erase the evidence that his touted judgment is not so sound afterall.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:25 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,868,263 times
Quote:

When you read the link, the readers comments are EXCELLENT. Make sure you read them. You get a good idea of how most people view Obama.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:28 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,605,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
The point is not that he flipflooped but rather that he lacked the judgment to make a sound decision on the issue. Recall that during the primaries his strong selling point to the anti-war Left was that his speaking out against the war early on was indicative of his sound judgment and that Hillary, by supporting the war, was lacking in judgment. When Patreus appreared before his committee last September to defend the surge Obama got in his anti-war licks. Maybe he should have done more listening and less lecturing (he's remarkably good at lecturing). He might have learned something and, in the process, made a sound decision to support the surge. Now that the surge, by any measure, has proven successful he is trying to erase the evidence that his touted judgment is not so sound afterall.
Interesting. I think there are successes in Iraq, however your generalization "by any measure" is a bit too much. The strongest diplomatic policy to date appears to be from the Iraqi Government calling for the US to leave. However, this can also be viewed as a success and should be our cue to leave. Why it isn't, is open to discussion, but we both know where that's going, and how it will end.

I think his decision to leave was sound at the time, it doesn't; however, mean it was the right call. Time will tell, as they say, and it has. This could have gone either way. Only someone who is naive to the information age would view a website update as an "erasure of evidence", that's just a simple and small minded approach that we both know isn't realistic or reality. As I said before, I prefer a candidate for President of the United States who is willing to change and update his thinking. The question invariably is - what do we do Today, we can only change Now.

Old 07-15-2008, 02:32 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,735,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Interesting. I think there are successes in Iraq, however your generalization "by any measure" is a bit too much. The strongest diplomatic policy to date appears to be from the Iraqi Government calling for the US to leave. However, this can also be viewed as a success and should be our cue to leave. Why it isn't, is open to discussion, but we both know where that's going, and how it will end.

I think his decision to leave was sound at the time, it doesn't; however, mean it was the right call. Time will tell, as they say, and it has. This could have gone either way. Only someone who is naive to the information age would view a website update as an "erasure of evidence", that's just a simple and small minded approach that we both know isn't realistic or reality. As I said before, I prefer a candidate for President of the United States who is willing to change and update his thinking. The question invariably is - what do we do Today, we can only change Now.
Unfortunately Obama did not apply that standard to Hillary as he pilloried her for her initial support of the war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections