Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 05:14 AM

1,058 posts, read 3,488,366 times

Advertisements

Is it too late for Republicans to dump McCain?

It is obvious that McCain is going to lose and lose big in 2008.

The conservative Republican base doesn't like him.

He is nothing but another neocon.

He will lose worse than Bob Dole did in 1996. At least Republicans had control of Congress to stop Clinton from doing anything crazy. Now it seems as though the Republicans, who have already lost control of Congress - thanks G.W. Bush, are poised to lose even more seats in Congress.

Is it possible to force a reallignment at the Republican Convention and nominate a real candidate such as RON PAUL.

If Republicans nominate RON PAUL we would have a real candidate.

Then if we lose then we lose, at least it will be with dignity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 06:31 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,158,279 times
The GOP doesn't want to win this election. They need someone to blame. As Upton says, this is Obama's time.

Or is it Alexus?

Last edited by paperhouse; 07-26-2008 at 06:42 AM.. Reason: Confusing the Democrats.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:40 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,663,303 times
I'd love it, but it'll never happen. The GOP machinery hates Paul even more than they hate McCain.

It amazes me how, out of all the crappy candidates the GOP served up, McCain rose to the top. Was he the one voters hated the least, or what? Maybe the neocons figured that at least we'd get a third Bush term out of nominating him?

I wish Paul would have gone third party.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:29 AM

889 posts, read 2,406,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationSeattle View Post
I'd love it, but it'll never happen. The GOP machinery hates Paul even more than they hate McCain.

It amazes me how, out of all the crappy candidates the GOP served up, McCain rose to the top. Was he the one voters hated the least, or what? Maybe the neocons figured that at least we'd get a third Bush term out of nominating him?

I wish Paul would have gone third party.
If Paul wanted to win he would have gone 3rd Party. Maybe that wasn't his agenda. I think he just wanted to wake the people up in his own way. He's happy in Congress and his little life in Texas. On the banking committee he gets to slam Bernanke a few times a year. He has made a lot of money writing his books and he has another one waiting in the wings --his memoir. I think he has groomed his son to one day become President. Unfortunately we're stuck with McCain as the nominee.

Honestly, McCain came out of nowhere. The GOP was pushing Huckabee in the beginnng and then they backtracked and suddenly McCain was the man --meanwhile he had only raised $1.4 million. It made no sense. Ron Paul had raised quadruple the amount by the first vote in the primary New Hampshire. In Iowa --the first primary-- Huckabee had won.

In New York we discovered voter fraud. We gathered the information and sent it off to the lawyers of Ron Paul. It was rampant all over long island. Stories started coming out everywhere in the Ron Paul Underground...but no mention of it in the MSM of course.

I'm going to post a picture of the voter fraud I personally found as a precinct leader. I was far from the only one who came across this.

Voter Fraud

People were walking into polling places and being told that Ron Paul was no longer running and was crossed off the ballot. This was a complete lie. Ron Paul had never dropped out. Yet his name was crossed off the display outside and inside the poll booth. Gulianai HAD dropped out his name was crossed off but so was Ron Pauls. Polling people across the country had been told that Ron Paul dropped out and to cross him off the ballot. People who wanted to vote for him were told they could not. The lever for Ron Paul was locked. After I came out with this information and posted it on Ron Paul message boards across the country.....people started coming out with this everywhere across the country. It was super tuesday.....and it took away my faith in the Government completely

Evidence submitted to Ron Paul's lawyer

I believe that voter fraud is very real and I believe that the Republican Primaries were hijacked.

Here is more proof of vote tampering.

This is amazing. This is Bev Harris who put out this yutube --owner of black box voting:

YouTube - NH Voter/Election Fraud? Secure Ballots? Clean Elections? P1

YouTube - New Hampshire Chain of Custody Sham: "Who's responsible?" P2

and another example of what was going on. The only reason this came to light was because Ron Paul supporters were online the night that the votes were being counted. A Ron Paul supporter from Sutton County New Hampshire begged the supporters to have the votes looked out in their county because the count came up 0 on Politico.com. She knew that three members of her family had voted for Ron Paul. We called Divvy Kidd, Alex Jones...and anyone who would listen. Turned out Sutton County didn't have 0 votes for Ron Paul after a recount it had 31 votes.

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/23647 (broken link)

This was just 3 forms of voter fraud.......

Yet none of it was in the mainstream media. Hush hush.....and out of nowhere....McCain takes the nomination. I would have believed in the voting process more had Romney taken it....but the GOP decided that McCain would be the chosen one.

Unfortuntely we weren't big enough to be heard. No one cared about the Ron Paul Supporters. We were kooks, tin foil hat wearers. We were made to look like idiots, Ron Paul was made to look ridiculous at the primaries. Did anyone ever wonder why all the other gentlemen at the debates could hear in their microphones so clearly yet Ron Paul had trouble with his mike at every debate? "what did you say?" "Can you repeat that?" He looked like a batty old man.

That batty old man had more brains in his little pinky than the Republican Nominee, McCain had in his entire body.

I do not believe in the system.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:37 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
I WISH it could still happen.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:57 AM

2,742 posts, read 7,494,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
The GOP doesn't want to win this election. They need someone to blame. As Upton says, this is Obama's time.

Or is it Alexus?
What??? where do you get this info???

Old 07-26-2008, 08:59 AM

2,742 posts, read 7,494,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbres View Post
Is it too late for Republicans to dump McCain?

It is obvious that McCain is going to lose and lose big in 2008.

The conservative Republican base doesn't like him.

He is nothing but another neocon.

He will lose worse than Bob Dole did in 1996. At least Republicans had control of Congress to stop Clinton from doing anything crazy. Now it seems as though the Republicans, who have already lost control of Congress - thanks G.W. Bush, are poised to lose even more seats in Congress.

Is it possible to force a reallignment at the Republican Convention and nominate a real candidate such as RON PAUL.

If Republicans nominate RON PAUL we would have a real candidate.

Then if we lose then we lose, at least it will be with dignity.
The GOP doesnt have that power... Ron Paul cant run anymore...
And the Party cant take McCain out.. it would be against the law...
The people(and not the party oficials) have that power, that is called primary.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:03 AM

564 posts, read 892,562 times
Oh there will be tallies on the electronic machines before they arrive, just like in Ohio that never made it to the neo-con Jewish owned and run media. Will there be enough fraud though? I encourage all jurisdictions to pass laws to "open up" all voter machine on site before beginning of election day.

The chads will still hang, just electronically now

Old 07-26-2008, 09:10 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigiBowman View Post
If Paul wanted to win he would have gone 3rd Party. Maybe that wasn't his agenda. I think he just wanted to wake the people up in his own way. He's happy in Congress and his little life in Texas. On the banking committee he gets to slam Bernanke a few times a year. He has made a lot of money writing his books and he has another one waiting in the wings --his memoir. I think he has groomed his son to one day become President. Unfortunately we're stuck with McCain as the nominee.

Honestly, McCain came out of nowhere. The GOP was pushing Huckabee in the beginnng and then they backtracked and suddenly McCain was the man --meanwhile he had only raised $1.4 million. It made no sense. Ron Paul had raised quadruple the amount by the first vote in the primary New Hampshire. In Iowa --the first primary-- Huckabee had won.

In New York we discovered voter fraud. We gathered the information and sent it off to the lawyers of Ron Paul. It was rampant all over long island. Stories started coming out everywhere in the Ron Paul Underground...but no mention of it in the MSM of course.

I'm going to post a picture of the voter fraud I personally found as a precinct leader. I was far from the only one who came across this.

Voter Fraud

People were walking into polling places and being told that Ron Paul was no longer running and was crossed off the ballot. This was a complete lie. Ron Paul had never dropped out. Yet his name was crossed off the display outside and inside the poll booth. Gulianai HAD dropped out his name was crossed off but so was Ron Pauls. Polling people across the country had been told that Ron Paul dropped out and to cross him off the ballot. People who wanted to vote for him were told they could not. The lever for Ron Paul was locked. After I came out with this information and posted it on Ron Paul message boards across the country.....people started coming out with this everywhere across the country. It was super tuesday.....and it took away my faith in the Government completely

Evidence submitted to Ron Paul's lawyer

I believe that voter fraud is very real and I believe that the Republican Primaries were hijacked.

Here is more proof of vote tampering.

This is amazing. This is Bev Harris who put out this yutube --owner of black box voting:

YouTube - NH Voter/Election Fraud? Secure Ballots? Clean Elections? P1

YouTube - New Hampshire Chain of Custody Sham: "Who's responsible?" P2

and another example of what was going on. The only reason this came to light was because Ron Paul supporters were online the night that the votes were being counted. A Ron Paul supporter from Sutton County New Hampshire begged the supporters to have the votes looked out in their county because the count came up 0 on Politico.com. She knew that three members of her family had voted for Ron Paul. We called Divvy Kidd, Alex Jones...and anyone who would listen. Turned out Sutton County didn't have 0 votes for Ron Paul after a recount it had 31 votes.

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/23647 (broken link)

This was just 3 forms of voter fraud.......

Yet none of it was in the mainstream media. Hush hush.....and out of nowhere....McCain takes the nomination. I would have believed in the voting process more had Romney taken it....but the GOP decided that McCain would be the chosen one.

Unfortuntely we weren't big enough to be heard. No one cared about the Ron Paul Supporters. We were kooks, tin foil hat wearers. We were made to look like idiots, Ron Paul was made to look ridiculous at the primaries. Did anyone ever wonder why all the other gentlemen at the debates could hear in their microphones so clearly yet Ron Paul had trouble with his mike at every debate? "what did you say?" "Can you repeat that?" He looked like a batty old man.

That batty old man had more brains in his little pinky than the Republican Nominee, McCain had in his entire body.

I do not believe in the system.
If McCain wins they'll say it's voter fraud because a democrat didn't win.
If Obama wins they'll conveniently over look any possible issues with the system.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:49 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
There's truth to that POV. The GOP knows that severe economic times are about to burst over us, though Rove had chimpy delay it as long as possible with the tax rebate gimmick. Soon enough the need to balance the budget (because we can't borrow $400B per year much longer) will mean that Obama will be painted with that hateful tarry brush of "tax raiser" which they hope will ruin the DEM label. Of course, the damage was done, and done is a huge way, on chimpy's watch, but it don't matter to the GOP, they will bang away for years with sound bites (about all their followers are able to comprehend) about how the DEMs raised your taxes, etc.

Of course, if the GOP did run Ron Paul, then BOTH major parties would be running candidates that think the Iraq war was wrong from the start and we should get out asap. But who would the neo-cons have to vote for? Fun to think about, ehh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections