Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2008, 04:38 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,538,358 times

Advertisements

The Crypt: House Republicans go back on the floor Monday to talk gas prices - Politico.com

Good. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 05:17 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
And Nancy along with her hinchmen ride it out trying to hookwink the people.
She thinks we do not realize what they are up too.
We need to hold their feet to the fire instead of letting play political games one more day!

Old 08-03-2008, 05:29 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,610,547 times
Thumbs down Republicans: "nasty dog food"

Yeah, I suppose all 10 Republicans will show up tomorrow. DUH! Is the GOP dumb or what? [don't answer since it is obvious

Old 08-04-2008, 06:15 PM

835 posts, read 1,322,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Yeah, I suppose all 10 Republicans will show up tomorrow. DUH! Is the GOP dumb or what? [don't answer since it is obvious
There are more than ten and they are rotating in. Many Republicans have flown back to their state for prior commitments and will be returning Thursday or Friday. I called the offices of several to show my support and they have been getting bombarded with calls. Pelosi's office has stopped answering the phone. I guess they were tired of being criticized. You can also call the office of the POTUS and ask that Bush convene a special session. Call 202-456-1111 to ask Bush to support the Republican House members and call a special session.

Contacting the White House

Old 08-04-2008, 06:27 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
When House GOP members go back on the floor, there'll be more GAS coming out of DC then we've seen in ages.

Break out the hot air balloons boys, we've got a free source to fill'em up.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:18 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,610,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
There are more than ten and they are rotating in. Many Republicans have flown back to their state for prior commitments and will be returning Thursday or Friday. I called the offices of several to show my support and they have been getting bombarded with calls. Pelosi's office has stopped answering the phone. I guess they were tired of being criticized. You can also call the office of the POTUS and ask that Bush convene a special session. Call 202-456-1111 to ask Bush to support the Republican House members and call a special session.

Contacting the White House
I don't think those Republicans will stay much longer since Nancy had the restrooms locked up today. Also these GOP congress people are getting nervous since hearing that President Bush is thinking about joining them is looking forward to long photo sessions. That will clear out the capitol building faster than anything & Nancy can go back & unlock the restrooms.

Last edited by happ; 08-04-2008 at 10:21 PM..

Old 08-04-2008, 10:18 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Thumbs down another sad chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
When House GOP members go back on the floor, there'll be more GAS coming out of DC then we've seen in ages.

Break out the hot air balloons boys, we've got a free source to fill'em up.

Years of ineffective legislating finally catching up...The GOP's posturing adds another sad chapter to many as they attempt to affect the elections in the fall with this half-hearted attempt at "caring" about issues that affect the US citizens.

After 30 years in Power, here we are - Massive debt, record deficits, and another Energy Crisis....yeah I know, I know - Blame it on Jimmy Carter.

Real spending falls in June despite rebates

By Rex Nutting
Last update: 8:30 a.m. EDT Aug. 4, 2008

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) - Real consumer spending fell in June for the first time since February as the windfall of cash from Washington was eaten up by the worst inflation in 27 years, the Commerce Department reported Monday. Nominal spending rose 0.6%, but the increase was all due to higher prices, which rose 0.8% during the month, the most in 27 years. Real spending (which is adjusted for inflation) fell 0.2% in June. Real disposable incomes fell 2.6% in June after a 5.2% gain in May. Inflation surged in June. The personal consumption expenditure price index rose 0.8% in June compared with May and is up 4.1% in the past year, the largest year-over-year inflation in 17 years.

Here's A Snapshot of GOP Leadership....Red is good, Right?!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections