Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 10:24 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
No. You're giving all the toss-ups to obama.

Here's my map.

2008 Presidential Election Interactive Map and History of the Electoral College

McCain has put in play the Blue states of MI, PA, WI, OR, NH.
And Obama is countering by putting Texas into play. Perhaps you think I'm crazy, but I'm not. Heavily Democratic Laredo, Rio Grande Valley and Corpus Christi areas will turn out in droves possibly tilting the state to Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 03:14 PM

835 posts, read 1,322,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
And Obama is countering by putting Texas into play. Perhaps you think I'm crazy, but I'm not. Heavily Democratic Laredo, Rio Grande Valley and Corpus Christi areas will turn out in droves possibly tilting the state to Obama.
Texas will not go to Obama. We don't like taxes our economy is growing our unemployment rate is below 5.5% and Obama would destroy that. Not to mention that many Hispanics will not ACTUALLY vote for Obama. They will tell pollsters they will but once in that voting booth they vote for the white guy. It has happened throughout history and the Obama campaign has been interviewed and talked about this on Larry King.
I think too many of the states are too close to call and it is too early. I don't agree with it. Obama has been losing in the polls and McCain gaining. Iran/Israel and Russia/Georgia as well as energy will play a large part and change things overnight. 67% of voters like McCain's energy policy better than Obama's and McCain leads in 9 out of 14 categories right now. I do agree this is Obama's race to win or lose not McCain's.
Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election. (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/voters_trust_for_mccain_on_key_issues_growing - broken link)
Family Security Matters » Publications » Exclusive: The Tortoise and the Hare – An Election Tale

Old 08-11-2008, 03:16 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
There is NO WAY obama will win Texas. Keep dreaming.

Old 08-11-2008, 03:18 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,159,784 times
Why is this election going to be close? I thought America hated the Republicans? I thought they were ready for change? Obama shouldn't even need to campaign since he's running against a Republican.

And yeah, Obama will not take Texas. Sorry.

Old 08-11-2008, 03:36 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Lightbulb Do you agree with this prediction: Obama 322, McCain 216

No, I think it will be closer than that.

This site is probably more realistic at this point:

Electoral-vote.com: President, Senate, House Updated Daily

Old 08-11-2008, 03:39 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,749,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
No, I think it will be closer than that.

This site is probably more realistic at this point:

Electoral-vote.com: President, Senate, House Updated Daily
Looks about right, but McCain is not going to win Ohio this year.

Old 08-11-2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
No. You're giving all the toss-ups to obama.

Here's my map.

2008 Presidential Election Interactive Map and History of the Electoral College

McCain has put in play the Blue states of MI, PA, WI, OR, NH.

Strange that you'd pick that website. It gives Obama an almost insurmountable edge.

Probability of Reaching 270
Democrats 95% Republicans 4% Neither (Tie)< 1%

Old 08-11-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
El Paso will go for Obama by a large margin, also. As will Austin, San Antonio, and Dallas. Still, I expect the state to go to McCain, but it may be closer than many expect. My hope is that Cornyn is defeated.

Old 08-11-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Looks about right, but McCain is not going to win Ohio this year.
He probably won't. And that website is updated daily and just goes by the latest poll results in each individual state. I like it because it was real accurate through the primaries. Seems to me they do a good job with their data.

Old 08-11-2008, 03:44 PM

658 posts, read 831,291 times
>>Do you agree with this prediction: Obama 322, McCain 216>>

Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections