Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 11:16 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
CONGRESS CONGRESS CONGRESS CONGRESS!!!!!
People need to start worrying about congress as much as the White House. It's all about congress, who's representing you? What are they getting done? How much of the 18 billions dollars of ear marks did they spend and why? McCain and Obama can come up with whatever lies they want to get votes but it's all meaningless without congress backing.
Imagine this. A freshman Senator works with a Senior Senator to provide transparency for Government contracts to the citizens on the Web....and gets it done. He also provides the most meaningful ethics reform ever seen in his home State. Pattern developing, I believe so.

Read deeper. These actions should be the norm. They are not welcome by those who seek advantage, only those who would seek a level playing field. As much as we wish to be a free market society, it can only happen on a level playing field. We have not yet balanced the scales, but they are moving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 12:38 PM

24 posts, read 48,252 times
Honestly, I can't believe anyone is still naive enough to believe that the government actually works for you. Especially with what has taken place in the last eight years.

Look at history people. GOVERNMENTS ALWAYS TURN CORRUPT. That is their nature. Especially the bigger they get. Politricks is used as a way to control the populace and it always attracts psychopaths and the power hungry in general. Your average person basically just wants to be left alone; they want to get married, have some babies, buy some property, work, and interact with their community. That's life for most people, and for others it's not too far outside of those basic goals. But it's the sociopaths who go into government and use taxation (my favorite is the carbon footprint tax scam LOL), imminent domain, wars and other government institutions (meant to help you of course...) to govern everyone else.

The US hasn't had a real president since JFK and you see what happened to him. Every other president (and most even before him) are merely puppets of the globalist bankers and think tanks who finance these guys' campaigns. They don't dare make any decisions lest they end up like Kennedy six feet underground. When will people understand that they do not swear any allegiance to the citizens of America? You wonder why nothing ever changes? Because they don't work for you and the dumbed down American public are too busy watching American Idol and steeped in debt to realize it. It's a shame what this country has become as it used to be the brightest, the strongest, the best of mostly everyone who came here. We have been turned into babbling idiots sucking their thumbs (with the TV serving as the blankie). That's why they get away with beating us like a battered wife and the public just keeps running back for more.

I'll never again vote for any of these crooks as that is giving them consent to "govern" me and carry out wars in my name. McLama or Obama Hussain in office won't make a bit of difference as they are merely the mouthpieces for the elites who really run the world and pull their puppet strings behind them. And sadly putting a check next to a name every four years (which we can't even be sure are all counted anymore) will not change it.

An all all out revolution will probably be the only way to take this country back and most likely that will not happen until the dollar is so devalued that the braindead populace won't be able to afford the latest Blackberry and XBox toy to keep themselves preoccupied while their "leaders" make all of life's hard decisions for them. Everthing's fine...just go back to sleep sheeple.

It's just a very, very sad situation.

Old 08-18-2008, 12:42 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCM81 View Post
Honestly, I can't believe anyone is still naive enough to believe that the government actually works for you. Especially with what has taken place in the last eight years.

Look at history people. GOVERNMENTS ALWAYS TURN CORRUPT. That is their nature. Especially the bigger they get. Politricks is used as a way to control the populace and it always attracts psychopaths and the power hungry in general. Your average person basically just wants to be left alone; they want to get married, have some babies, buy some property, work, and interact with their community. That's life for most people, and for others it's not too far outside of those basic goals. But it's the sociopaths who go into government and use taxation (my favorite is the carbon footprint tax scam LOL), imminent domain, wars and other government institutions (meant to help you of course...) to govern everyone else.

The US hasn't had a real president since JFK and you see what happened to him. Every other president (and most even before him) are merely puppets of the globalist bankers and think tanks who finance these guys' campaigns. They don't dare make any decisions lest they end up like Kennedy six feet underground. When will people understand that they do not swear any allegiance to the citizens of America? You wonder why nothing ever changes? Because they don't work for you and the dumbed down American public are too busy watching American Idol and steeped in debt to realize it. It's a shame what this country has become as it used to be the brightest, the strongest, the best of mostly everyone who came here. We have been turned into babbling idiots sucking their thumbs (with the TV serving as the blankie). That's why they get away with beating us like a battered wife and the public just keeps running back for more.

I'll never again vote for any of these crooks as that is giving them consent to "govern" me and carry out wars in my name. McLama or Obama Hussain in office won't make a bit of difference as they are merely the mouthpieces for the elites who really run the world and pull their puppet strings behind them. And sadly putting a check next to a name every four years (which we can't even be sure are all counted anymore) will not change it.

An all all out revolution will probably be the only way to take this country back and most likely that will not happen until the dollar is so devalued that the braindead populace won't be able to afford the latest Blackberry and XBox toy to keep themselves preoccupied while their "leaders" make all of life's hard decisions for them. Everthing's fine...just go back to sleep sheeple.

It's just a very, very sad situation.
Welcome......to the Matrix. (or out of it)

Old 08-18-2008, 01:00 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
The sky is falling....

Old 08-18-2008, 09:34 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
The sky is falling....
Can I quote you on this? If you feel all is right within the empire, then by all means, please share your thoughts and refute or rebut some of the claims made in this thread. Drive by eye rolls with cutesy little sayings are nice and they say to much, but really do little to advance the discussion.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:44 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Can I quote you on this? If you feel all is right within the empire, then by all means, please share your thoughts and refute or rebut some of the claims made in this thread. Drive by eye rolls with cutesy little sayings are nice and they say to much, but really do little to advance the discussion.
Fine. You'll have to erase the other one though.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Imagine this. A freshman Senator works with a Senior Senator to provide transparency for Government contracts to the citizens on the Web....and gets it done. He also provides the most meaningful ethics reform ever seen in his home State. Pattern developing, I believe so.

Read deeper. These actions should be the norm. They are not welcome by those who seek advantage, only those who would seek a level playing field. As much as we wish to be a free market society, it can only happen on a level playing field. We have not yet balanced the scales, but they are moving.
Despite my rather harsh sentiments towards this subject, I am willing to bet that many who enter into the House of Representatives actually come into office with a genuine desire to do the right thing. Only after years of saturation of being within the bloated fly ridden carcass do they finally get over their disgust of the smell and eventually begin partake in the rotting flesh. By the time most enter into the Senate, they are of a different mind than those they govern over, and a great detachment seems to take place.

According to Obama, we can wish upon a star and tomorrow the world will be better. McCain on the other seems to think you are middle class when you start raking in 3 mil a year. One is in fantasy, the other is in Palookaville.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:28 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
McCain on the other seems to think you are middle class when you start raking in 3 mil a year. One is in fantasy, the other is in Palookaville.
Guess you didn't watch the Warren Forum or you would know that was a joke. His point was he wants to keep taxes low.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:32 PM

646 posts, read 1,639,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Guess you didn't watch the Warren Forum or you would know that was a joke. His point was he wants to keep taxes low.

McCain obviously doesnt' understand what is means to manage a budget and run a country. He is going to give the Rich another enormous tax cut!!! How the hell is he going to continue funding American aggression abroad, and reduce the governments revenue even further when we already have the largest defecit in UNITED STATES HISTORY!!! Not to mention the national debt of 9 TRILLION DOLLARS!!!! I cannot vote for somebody as ignorant as this. On top of that he has said he will balance the budget in his first term. The most absurd and disgusting lie I've heard this entire campaign cycle. What liar he is.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yes, I am aware it was a joke, then again, things like economics and war are all a joke to McCain. Remember... bomb bomb bomb... bomb bomb Iran... (chuckles) he he real damn funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections