Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2008, 07:52 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times

Advertisements

Let us accept that as fact that the guard did draw a cross in the sand. Let us also accept that McCain was a practicing Christian while in prison. It is very reasonable to believe that as most when found in those condidtions he found faith. So accepting that he while imprisoned was a devout Christian the ultimate question becomes did he keep the faith once freedom was found and the threat of meeting his maker not a daily thought.

I must assume that a marriage vow made in the eyes of God between Man and Woman is one of the basic tenets of Christianity. I believe the good senator said such Saturday at the Saddlebrook Forum. Was his affair and divorce a result of Christian relapse which he has now regained? Was he not a Christian when he first married? Does anyone have documentation of when he first professed his faith? Was it before or after the vows of his first wedding. Had he not made such broad claims of faith in prison one would not wonder about the disconnect after prison. Yes he now says it was a moral failure but he did not elaborate on the conditions of and the sequence of in relation to his prison story. So should one ponder how sincere and deep morally deep his prison faith was? In reality was it no different then the many who find faith while incarcerated?
Bible.org: Sample Wedding Vows
Sample Wedding Vows

Sample One

Male
I, _____, take you, ______, to be my wedded wife. With deepest joy I receive you into my life that together we may be one. As is Christ to His body, the church, so I will be to you a loving and faithful husband. Always will I perform my headship over you even as Christ does over me, knowing that His Lordship is one of the holiest desires for my life. I promise you my deepest love, my fullest devotion, my tenderest care. I promise I will live first unto God rather than others or even you. I promise that I will lead our lives into a life of faith and hope in Christ Jesus. Ever honoring God's guidance by His spirit through the Word, And so throughout life, no matter what may lie ahead of us, I pledge to you my life as a loving and faithful husband.

He did say I do didn't he? now this is just a sample vow, I wonder what his actual vows said? Maybe he had a prenuptial that gave him an out after a certain time period!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections