Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 01:02 PM

932 posts, read 1,677,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
The topic and the question is can YOU afford 2 nannies to take care of your children?

If yes, then you are doing pretty darn well if no you are not doing so well and cannot afford it. Therefore, if you can afford two nannies to take care of your children then you are out of touch with those who cannot afford it.

McCain has no children and no nannies.
LOL. Sunshine Chick do you know who you are voting for?

McCain has kids. Some with his first wife and even adopted ones! Heck I even know that and I can't stand him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 01:12 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,183,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
LOL. Sunshine Chick do you know who you are voting for?

McCain has kids. Some with his first wife and even adopted ones! Heck I even know that and I can't stand him!
Maybe she meant that McCain was more IN TOUCH with Americans because he doesnt have toddlers.

Thats a pretty sick position to take.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:13 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
If you want a real laugh, take a look at McCain's tax return. It is easy to see why Cindy files seperately and refuses to release her tax returns. Talk about taking advantage of every loophole available only to the super rich!!!!! He pays less taxes than many of us who work our butts off 60 hours a week for average pay. If I needed any convincing that McCain plays the system, his tax return would do it. If you think for a moment that a man who can live in this lavish style and still pay less taxes than you do can identify with the average American, you are dreaming.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:19 PM
LML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
The topic and the question is can YOU afford 2 nannies to take care of your children?

McCain has no children and no nannies.

By the way, McCain's children are:

Douglas
Andrew
Sidney
Meghan
Jack
James
Brigitt.

And I'd be willing to bet they have had a whole LOT of nannies.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:24 PM

932 posts, read 1,677,712 times
Cindy McCain is worth $100 million!!! Wow..so who is in touch again?

I bet they can afford 7 nannies and then some with that...

Jared Bernstein: Why McCain's Wealth Matters

Old 08-25-2008, 01:25 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,966,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
Maybe she meant that McCain was more IN TOUCH with Americans because he doesnt have toddlers.

Thats a pretty sick position to take.
I don't have kids. Am I more in touch with Americans then McCain?

Actually, I probably am, but not because I don't have kids?

If he doesn't have kids, he doesn't need a Nanny, but I'm sure he can afford it. For each of his houses and condos. However many there are (don't ask him).

Old 08-25-2008, 01:28 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
If you want a real laugh, take a look at McCain's tax return. It is easy to see why Cindy files seperately and refuses to release her tax returns. Talk about taking advantage of every loophole available only to the super rich!!!!! He pays less taxes than many of us who work our butts off 60 hours a week for average pay. If I needed any convincing that McCain plays the system, his tax return would do it. If you think for a moment that a man who can live in this lavish style and still pay less taxes than you do can identify with the average American, you are dreaming.
Of course mccain is not in touch with the average joe! Of course mccain took every loophole known to man. But lets not forget, he is not the first nor the last politico to do so. I seem to recall the clintons donating their used underwear to goodwill and writing it off to the penny!
As far as obamas tax return, he was writing things off left and right as well.
I am not for punishing the desire for wealth, or the accumulation of it. Who among us wouldn't want to be wealthy? I just can't abide the hypocrisy of either the politicians themselves or their followers who like to pretend they are 'making do'.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:40 PM
LML

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Of course mccain is not in touch with the average joe! Of course mccain took every loophole known to man. But lets not forget, he is not the first nor the last politico to do so. I seem to recall the clintons donating their used underwear to goodwill and writing it off to the penny!
As far as obamas tax return, he was writing things off left and right as well.
I am not for punishing the desire for wealth, or the accumulation of it. Who among us wouldn't want to be wealthy? I just can't abide the hypocrisy of either the politicians themselves or their followers who like to pretend they are 'making do'.
Did you look at his return? Because, actually, they didn't "write things off left and right." In point of fact I was struck by the fact that they took only the same type of deductions that I would find on the tax return of my son and his wife. My son has his own business and his wife is a school teacher and so the self employment deductions and taxes and the employment deductions and taxes line up pretty darn closely to Obama's. On the other hand, McCain's tax return reads like a text book example for CPAs who want to make sure their clients get the full advantage of every loophole imaginable. And when you remember that he helped vote on those loopholes it really makes you ill.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:38 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,867,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I wonder how much Obama paid for his house servants?

My point is and has always been, this lets everybody close our eyes and pretend that the obamas are just like us! while ignoring the fact that they have more in common with mccain then the average joe.

Just your average everday middle class millionaires? Please. I don't fault them for their wealth, they worked hard (although in the best tradition of politicians, somewhat shadely) and deserve their wealth and the trappings that go along with it. Lets just stop pretending that Michelle is clipping coupons and Barack is changing the oil in his car out in the driveway while hamburger helper is simmering on the stove.
The difference is that Michele and Barack are new wealth. Cindy McCain inherited hers and has much more money than the Obama's. The Obama's are far from eating Hamburger Helper. Their money just isn't inherited. That's the main difference. Not saying one way is good or bad.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:39 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,157,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet52698 View Post
Yes I can. My live in nanny was paid $150 a week which is $600 a month or $7,200 per year. If I had paid two people the same rate the cost would have been $14,400. To send all three of my children to daycare would have cost $21,600 per year. Even with two nannies I would save $7,200 compared to daycare.
$600 a month? Be honest, she was probably illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections