Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 08:00 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,064,332 times

Advertisements

Would someone please tell me why this woman with little to no experience would be a good choice? It negates the primo salvo against Obama. John McCain is 72 YEARS OLD! I don't want some newbie to be the back-up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 08:03 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,194,965 times
Evidently he announces at high noon.

"CBS News has learned that Romney will not be in Dayton this morning, which would appear to cross him off the VP list.... Pawlenty told the CBS affiliate in Minneapolis he would not be joining McCain in Dayton today. 'I'm not going to be there,' Pawlenty said. 'I plan to be at the state fair. You can draw your conclusion from that.'

"So who’s left? Alaska governor Sarah Palin has been mentioned, although she is not well-known outside Alaska and has little national experience. McCain’s 'favorite Democrat' Joe Lieberman has also been mentioned, as has former Homeland Security chief Tom Ridge, but both of them support abortion rights, which would be a hard sell to conservatives.

"Former eBay CEO Meg Whitman and former HP CEO Carly Fiorina are also seen as dark horses for the job, although neither of them [has] political experience."

Suspense About To End On McCain VP Pick - From The Road

Old 08-29-2008, 08:03 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,173,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Would someone please tell me why this woman with little to no experience would be a good choice? It negates the primo salvo against Obama. John McCain is 72 YEARS OLD! I don't want some newbie to be the back-up.
They picked her for her experience with corruption and scandals

and to pander to women voters

Old 08-29-2008, 08:05 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,972,421 times
Quote:
Like many 72 year old men, he likes the idea of having a blonde on each arm. He can call Cindy Miss Buffalo Chip and Sarah Miss Alaska Ice Chip.

Too bad they can't call him Mr. Computer Chip.

6,884 posts, read 20,422,752 times
Quote:

But you want a newbie to be President?

Ohhh-kay....

4,428 posts, read 4,487,433 times
Why did Obama select Biden?

Old 08-29-2008, 08:07 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,585,751 times
If he picks Palin, then this will be his downfall. his whole strike against Obama has been his inexperience and then he picks a 1 year governor with no other experience!!!! It would be stupid.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:08 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,441,701 times
Quote:

If it is indeed Palin, it makes McCain look desperate, similar to when Mondale chose Ferraro. I'm not convinced it's her but if it is, it's good news for Democrats.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:17 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,173,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
If it is indeed Palin, it makes McCain look desperate, similar to when Mondale chose Ferraro. I'm not convinced it's her but if it is, it's good news for Democrats.
Well with McSame's obvious disdain for women maybe he thinks this will sway women voters...and of course, since there are some stupid women it may but far more are too intelligent to fall for this obvious pandering.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:19 AM

174 posts, read 627,111 times
Wow there is an awful lot of Republican threads in this forum. Figures..under the George plan GOP's must just get checks in the mail...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections