Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 09:12 PM

9,892 posts, read 10,836,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
It is not good for anyone to read the Daily KOS.
Well if it wasnt for dailykos, huffington post ,moveon.org and the bottom feeder on msnbc. Most of the pathetic leftist on here posting pictures of a teenage girl and smearing her and her family would be without any source of info! It's sickening and shamefull, but of course that is meaningless to these scumbag's! It's time for the mod's to put these threads to rest! This forum has always been above this trash!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 09:13 PM

715 posts, read 1,671,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Why is any of this a smear on the teenager? Either way she hasn't done anything wrong. If it's not true, it's just crazy talk. If it is true, then she's been made to hide something that doesn't need to be hidden because there is no shame in it.
So you would be proud of your 16 y/o for squeezing out a kid?

Old 08-31-2008, 09:13 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,588,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Well if it wasnt for dailykos, huffington post ,moveon.org and the bottom feeder on msnbc. Most of the pathetic leftist on here posting pictures of a teenage girl and smearing her and her family would be without any source of info! It's sickening and shamefull, but of course that is meaningless to these scumbag's! It's time for the mod's to put these threads to rest! This forum has always been above this trash!

what if it were true?

Old 08-31-2008, 09:14 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,616,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Congratulations, LOL! Any added gray hairs with the honor?!

I disagree about medicine being the same. I've got an incurable disease with serious complications and I honestly will do whatever is necessary to get to my doctors because I've been given terrible care by others in the past. And I really wouldn't want to be stuck in a hospital thousands of miles from home.

I agree that she probably shouldn't have traveled but, then again, she was 6 weeks away from her due date. As I understand it, she was scheduled to give a keynote address at a national Conference of Governors, which is a big deal. If she felt good and her due date wasn't imminent, it's not that surprising.
Oh no, I agree with what you are saying. But my comment were specific to this situation, which I probably should have specified. But a 35+ year old mother and a baby with Down's Syndrome is something that most, if not all, urban hospitals are equipped to deal with.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:15 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,950,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Also add in the fact that Some classmates claimed later that they had seen Bristol Palin pregnant. This is Sarah Palin a month before her supposed baby was born. Does she look like shes 8 months pregnant? Sarah Palin did not reveal to anyone outside her family that she was pregnant until 8 months into her pregnancy. Even then, she showed no signs of pregnancy

This is what a woman looks like 8 months pregnant

No way possible Palin is 7 or 8 months pregnant in that picture.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
So you would be proud of your 16 y/o for squeezing out a kid?
When did I suggest pride? There's a big difference between not shaming and having pride.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:19 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,025,612 times
Quote:
Oh no, I agree with what you are saying. But my comment were specific to this situation, which I probably should have specified. But a 35+ year old mother and a baby with Down's Syndrome is something that most, if not all, urban hospitals are equipped to deal with.
You'd think so but you'd be surprised. I have Lupus, which isn't all that rare, and when I was having bad neurological symptoms one night, I had to go to an unfamiliar ER in a modern city. After waiting in pain and fear for four hours to be seen, the doctor walked in, looked at my chart, and said he won't treat Lupus patients because we're high-risk and walked out. I was gobsmacked! A nurse came in and I asked her what I was supposed to do and she said to go home and get to my own doctor ASAP.

It's just a dang good thing I wasn't having a stroke, as I thought I might be. When I went to my doctor and told him what happened, he was irate and called that hospital to complain. He also advised me to report them and not pay the bill.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
You'd think so but you'd be surprised. I have Lupus, which isn't all that rare, and when I was having bad neurological symptoms one night, I had to go to an unfamiliar ER in a modern city. After waiting in pain and fear for four hours to be seen, the doctor walked in, looked at my chart, and said he won't treat Lupus patients because we're high-risk and walked out. I was gobsmacked! A nurse came in and I asked her what I was supposed to do and she said to go home and get to my own doctor ASAP.

It's just a dang good thing I wasn't having a stroke, as I thought I might be. When I went to my doctor and told him what happened, he was irate and called that hospital to complain. He also advised me to report them and not pay the bill.
I'm definitely spoiled by being 1 mile from Johns Hopkins Hospital.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:30 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,454,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandmommy View Post
Funny: I've seen pictures of her obviously pregnant. I guess she forgot to stick on her fake bump that day.
Well nothing is inconceivable !

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii226/shipm8pb/Forums/junior.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-31-2008, 09:33 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,381,258 times
Default Goodnight Irene....

Quote:
Ok, am I crazy does this seem possible?
Daily Kos: Sarah Palin Is NOT The Mother [Photos+Video]
Okay, that's about all I can take today in the Palin twilight zone. Good night to all the good posters at C-D.

See you tomorrow, maybe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections