Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 05:58 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,583,816 times

Advertisements

This is a good question because Id like to know is there is real enthusiam for a 72 year man who will bring more of the same Bush economic policies or is the enthusiasm for McCain really anti-obama? I ask this because its insane that anyone would want the republicans back in the white house after the last 8 years. Today we are seeing rising gas prices, people are losing thier homes and the list goes on. How can people actually want that trend to continue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 06:02 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,252,825 times
I don't think many mainstream Republicans are that enthused with McCain (I used to be a Republican). Many voters won't consider voting outside of the party though...guess they will just wait until someone can run against Obama in 2012. No wonder there isn't much excitement at the convention (remember all those threads last week saying how boring the DNC was? )

The Neo-cons are happy with Palin though...

Old 09-03-2008, 06:06 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,539,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
This is a good question because Id like to know is there is real enthusiam for a 72 year man who will bring more of the same Bush economic policies or is the enthusiasm for McCain really anti-obama? I ask this because its insane that anyone would want the republicans back in the white house after the last 8 years. Today we are seeing rising gas prices, people are losing thier homes and the list goes on. How can people actually want that trend to continue?
How is Obama going to lower gas prices? There is something that could be done but his party is holding up a vote.

What is Obama going to do to stop people from losing their homes? Values of houses where lots of people are losing them are completely out of whack. People can't afford them. There is nothing that can be done. It's market correction.

As for being enthusiastic about McCain, not me. Im just enthusaistic about not letting Obama in.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:22 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,583,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
How is Obama going to lower gas prices? There is something that could be done but his party is holding up a vote.

What is Obama going to do to stop people from losing their homes? Values of houses where lots of people are losing them are completely out of whack. People can't afford them. There is nothing that can be done. It's market correction.

As for being enthusiastic about McCain, not me. Im just enthusaistic about not letting Obama in.
I think we should give the democrats a shot at it. Obviously the republicans arent doing a good job and I might add the democrats know something about a good economy. Remember the 1990s? BTW Obama's policies are basically identicle to Hillary's policies. Obama is intellegent enough and has the judgement to run this country.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:24 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,252,825 times
I don't think many Republican veterans can be enthused with John McCain:
2003: no to 1 billion in troop supplies and body armor.
2003: no to 322 million additional supplies and armor.
2004: no to 1.8 billion in increased vet. health benefits
2006: no to 1.5 billion in medical care for vets.
2006: no to 430 million in outpatient care for vets.
2006: no to 20 million in health care for vers.
2007: no vote for redeployment options (didn't show up to vote)
2007: no to mandatory rest period between deployments
2008: no vote on increase in GI Bill for education. (didn't show up to vote)

Old 09-04-2008, 06:47 AM

8 posts, read 10,883 times
Laughed my ass off when Guilani pointed out the fact that Obama couldn't even make up his mind 134 times in the Senate!! It was too difficult for him! I'm sure though with his expansive experience as a "community organizer" , he can throw a fabulous cocktail party!

Old 09-04-2008, 06:49 AM

6,578 posts, read 25,471,838 times
They aren't enthused by McCain. The enthusiasm didn't come until Palin became VP choice.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:24 AM

317 posts, read 496,705 times
The republican president has a 29% approval rating. The democratic congress has a 9% approval rating.
McCain is similar to Bush. Obama is similar to Carter.
The republicans are not exactly thrilled with McCain, but he is the lesser of two evils.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:26 AM

2,329 posts, read 6,637,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne4 View Post
Laughed my ass off when Guilani pointed out the fact that Obama couldn't even make up his mind 134 times in the Senate!! It was too difficult for him! I'm sure though with his expansive experience as a "community organizer" , he can throw a fabulous cocktail party!
Boy, you just eat up talking points like breakfast, dont you?

Old 09-04-2008, 07:27 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,741,511 times
You have to keep in mind that this week is nothing but preaching to the choir.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections