Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 06:08 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
You don't understand.
There is a fundamental difference between rich people and poor/middle class people. Most rich people are very very tight with there money and will not lose there position due to govt. policy or taxes. Period. If they tax the crap out of the rich then they will increase the prices in there business harder, and create less jobs to save money. You can not change that, and you will not.
This is the major flaw with the Obama plan, he tells the middle class he's gonna tax the rich but he's not telling you that they will respond with less hiring and and higher prices. Someone who is rich isn't going to just let the govt. take millions. Now of course there is an equilibrium point but Obama isn't telling the truth. The billions and billions he plans on spending on social programs has to come from somewhere, and it's not going to come from the rich. It's going to come from everybody.
Yes - it will come disproportionately from the low and middle classes in the guise of the ratio of increase in prices/costs to income.

The answer is to cut spending (and that includes war/defense spending!), not promise more entitlements and handouts and then try to pay for it by raising taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 07:08 PM

862 posts, read 1,051,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by small arms View Post
In a few years there wont be any jobs, including yours.
True ,so why worry-be happy,
After a decade or 2 of hyper-inflation we will have inflated our way out
othe 25-50 trillion debt and our grand kids can ride the bubbles again!
USA_USA

Old 09-04-2008, 07:11 PM

862 posts, read 1,051,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yes - it will come disproportionately from the low and middle classes in the guise of the ratio of increase in prices/costs to income.

The answer is to cut spending (and that includes war/defense spending!), not promise more entitlements and handouts and then try to pay for it by raising taxes.
And what makes you think that will ever be allowed to occur.
The solutions are obvious-the implementation impossible.
cf. Ron Paul

Old 09-04-2008, 07:13 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,618 times
Quote:
Looking at the post counts most of the Obama supporters have here, you have plenty of time on your hands.

Can someone answer that question for me?
Obama's tax increases are ****ing awesome because we get to spend less of that hard earned money that we worked 40 hours a week for while some ******* in downtown Chicago can blow it on drugs and alcohol. God I love this country! Take it all you lazy ass bums! Take it all! Take all my damn money!

Old 09-04-2008, 07:17 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
Obama's tax increases are ****ing awesome because we get to spend less of that hard earned money that we worked 40 hours a week for while some ******* in downtown Chicago can blow it on drugs and alcohol. God I love this country! Take it all you lazy ass bums! Take it all! Take all my damn money!

Tell us how you really feel. How has IL felt Obama and the "get rich" crew's run of things?

Old 09-04-2008, 08:36 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,576,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
You will NOT get a break at all.

Why can you not realize that if Obama taxes small business, big business and others you will get nailed. Obama is not being honest with you, the cost of taxing business will trickle down to all of us. Do you think if you tax them that they are not going to raise everything under the sun on your and I. They surely are not going to get taxed and not pass it on.

It also will shut down many small businesses and will cause massive layoffs.

Explain to me what break you will get? You are not paying much in taxes as of right now anyway, or at least your fair share.

We cannot afford Obama. He lying to you or not telling you the entire story.
He is making you believe he is going after those mean, bad, smart, successful people and going to put that money in your pocket, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN !

Go ahead vote for him, it wont be long you will not have a job to go to so your tax break just became a big fat ZERO paycheck.

If you read my post I think you would realize I am in a higher INCOME EARNING GROUP with AGI of 200k+ I pay a lot in taxes and I would probably pay more.
You are right I am not paying my fair share of taxes, yet I paid a six figure amount in TAXES last year.

Yet I will argue that the worst thing this country could have, is another 4 years lead by the hypocritical, moraly and ethicaly speaking and totally self rightious GOP.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
In a few years there wont be any jobs, including yours.
Because the JOB MARKET IS DOING SO GREAT WITH THE GOP AT THE WHEEL??? dow dropped 344 points today.

Our nation has been lead by the GOP for 8 years!

This dark hour must come to an end!

Old 09-04-2008, 08:53 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S6Sputnik View Post
Because the JOB MARKET IS DOING SO GREAT WITH THE GOP AT THE WHEEL??? dow dropped 344 points today.

Our nation has been lead by the GOP for 8 years!

This dark hour must come to an end!
"The Dow industrials fell 344.65 points, or 3%, to 11188.23 amid growing fear that the global economy is sputtering. Financial and basic-materials shares were among the day's worst performers. Oil dropped 1.3%."

Business Financial News, Business News Online & Personal Finance News at WSJ.com - WSJ.com

Employment Situation Summary

You might take notice of the actual UE rate as opposed to what he liberal media might want you to think.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
"The Dow industrials fell 344.65 points, or 3%, to 11188.23 amid growing fear that the global economy is sputtering. Financial and basic-materials shares were among the day's worst performers. Oil dropped 1.3%."

Business Financial News, Business News Online & Personal Finance News at WSJ.com - WSJ.com

Employment Situation Summary

You might take notice of the actual UE rate as opposed to what he liberal media might want you to think.
BIG JON in the Employment Situation Summary second column I found this information:
Both the number of unemployed persons (8.8 million) and the unemployment rate (5.7 percent) rose in July. Over the past 12 months, the number of unemployed persons has increased by 1.6 million, and the unemployment rate has risen by 1.0
percentage point. (See table A-1.)

THAT IS 1.6 MILLION people in 12 months what positive information can you possibly get from that!

GOP NO MORE!!!!

Old 09-04-2008, 09:02 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
You will NOT get a break at all.

Why can you not realize that if Obama taxes small business, big business and others you will get nailed. Obama is not being honest with you, the cost of taxing business will trickle down to all of us. Do you think if you tax them that they are not going to raise everything under the sun on your and I. They surely are not going to get taxed and not pass it on.

It also will shut down many small businesses and will cause massive layoffs.

Explain to me what break you will get? You are not paying much in taxes as of right now anyway, or at least your fair share.

We cannot afford Obama. He lying to you or not telling you the entire story.
He is making you believe he is going after those mean, bad, smart, successful people and going to put that money in your pocket, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN !

Go ahead vote for him, it wont be long you will not have a job to go to so your tax break just became a big fat ZERO paycheck.
You are so wrong, it's pitiful. Through Obama's tax cuts on the middle class there will be more money going right back into businesses. SO instead of cutting help, they will have to hire more to keep up with the new demand.

Nobody who is wealthy is gonna do something silly like buy a 1000 pizzas every day to help the economy. But millions of people with their tax cuts will feel more like buying many 1000s of pizzas every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections