Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 11:21 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,221,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
But Bill Clinton was a MAN. It's a given that a MAN can handle a home, daughter, wife and a harem of bimbos and their legal ramifications and still run a country.
Does Bill Clinton have 5 kids including a special needs baby?? Have I missed something? How is this comparable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 11:24 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpow View Post
Obama has two little girls but nobody ever asks whether or not he can be a good father if he gets elected president. Those questions are reserved only for Palin if she gets elected VP.
Right. And Obama has been campaigning for the last year and a half, lots of time away from his daughters. Isn't the father the most important influence in a young girl's life? Maybe since he has young daughters he shouldn't be running for president. This could have a permanent effect on their self esteem and their relationships with men. Add to that the fact that their MOTHER works full time, and those girls are going to be a mess. Maybe BOTH the Obamas should value their family more and stay home.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:24 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
You see, I don't think that stigma and judgement are the way to stop teen pregnancy. I think sex education is. Access to birth control and information. Preaching abstience as the whole solution as Palin seems to, is not the answer IMHO.

I agree this happens up to a point on both sides, but it really seems to be happening an awful lot in the republican side at the minute - even on these boards.

I agree with you about teaching all forms of birth control along with abstinence. I've been teaching my kids everything they need to know at home (age appropriate of course ). I'm not putting my trust into any school to teach them what they need to know. With all that, I still think the stigma needs to be back, it should be unpopular to be getting knocked up as a teenager, not glorified.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:35 AM

538 posts, read 732,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpow View Post
Obama has two little girls but nobody ever asks whether or not he can be a good father if he gets elected president. Those questions are reserved only for Palin if she gets elected VP.

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! Yes, Obama can still be considered the good father, but Sarah is a terrible mother. The ol' double standard just goes on forever.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:17 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
I agree with you about teaching all forms of birth control along with abstinence. I've been teaching my kids everything they need to know at home (age appropriate of course ). I'm not putting my trust into any school to teach them what they need to know. With all that, I still think the stigma needs to be back, it should be unpopular to be getting knocked up as a teenager, not glorified.
Well said, i agree with you, good choice of words also. Plus for you.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:23 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLL98 View Post
Yes, exactly. Stigma, judgement, these are good tools to keep kids from trying to be little adults, it is not cool to be a 17 year old mom no matter who you are.
Exactly and these days even younger then 17, with no jobs, no Father's to help in the rearing of children, all races, something has got to change this. I know teenage girls, who think nothing of the fact that getting pregnant early, without a Father to help raise the child, is anything wrong. Where are the parents!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections