Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 10:17 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,933 times

Advertisements

I challenge this entire forum to go one day without bashing the other candidate and instead focus your energy and lunacy on propping up yours.

Talk about their views on the issues, platforms they stand on and how they will make the change (and by how I mean the actual plans they are planning to put into effect).

I guarantee it cannot be done and it will last for about 5 minutes as these candidates have given us nothing but negative, condescending, idiotic rhetoric to base our votes off of.

Let's see how great these candidates really are as opposed to how great we think they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 10:18 PM

715 posts, read 1,670,150 times
Good luck. I've tried implementing a truce for 9/11 next week...but of course, drew some ridicule.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:27 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,921,085 times
Unfortunately it will never happen. This entire forum has become nothing more then a select few starting dozens of threads to bash Palin. They don't realize it does not work. It is having the opposite affect, even the major media networks are finding this out the hard way.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
Unfortunately it will never happen. This entire forum has become nothing more then a select few starting dozens of threads to bash Palin. They don't realize it does not work. It is having the opposite affect, even the major media networks are finding this out the hard way.
So what you are saying is that there are no bashing threads against Biden, Obama or Mccain?

Old 09-05-2008, 10:30 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,842,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
So what you are saying is that there are no bashing threads against Biden, Obama or Mccain?
not too many about Biden...he seems to be the forgotten soul lol. Maybe I will start one to give him some exposure

Old 09-05-2008, 10:31 PM

2,040 posts, read 3,864,142 times
Quote:
I challenge this entire forum to go one day without bashing the other candidate and instead focus your energy and lunacy on propping up yours.

Talk about their views on the issues, platforms they stand on and how they will make the change (and by how I mean the actual plans they are planning to put into effect).

I guarantee it cannot be done and it will last for about 5 minutes as these candidates have given us nothing but negative, condescending, idiotic rhetoric to base our votes off of.

Let's see how great these candidates really are as opposed to how great we think they are.

I think it's a great idea......anytime someone says something negative....we have to drink!

Old 09-05-2008, 10:32 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Ok, so do I just start a new thread about how Ron Paul is the real candidate for change?

Who is going to monitor the thread to make sure the rules you propose stay in effect?

Old 09-05-2008, 10:32 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Not for nothing, but every single one of us posts here knowing it's an incredibly heated, emotional forum.

While you're reaching out in this call for peace, I hate to say it, but you should probably be considering what's getting you off about being here. Because to be flat-out honest, there's a very, very easy way for you to read about each candidate's platform: go on each candidate's website. Yet you're not doing that--you're right here, in the heart of Melodrama City.

There's also an extremely easy way to "get away from" all this offending (sniff sniff) overemotion: Log off.

What you're (I'm sorry, but unrealistically) asking is that common people state their opinions on the policies that candidates are talking about--but emotionlessly. You're asking that people talk about issues that are highly personal, involve such things as war, death, abortion and lies, and do it in a rather automaton way.

I think you knew in your heart before you posted this that such a thing is impossible, and that this is your way of feeling better about being here on this frequently Jerry Springer-style forum: "Well, I tried to take the higher road." Then you can read with a better conscience.

Be for real. If you didn't like the drama...you would not be here, of all places. That's no crime. We all like drama, to an extent. If we didn't, we'd never watch a movie or read a book or attend a play or even listen to music. But come on...please don't pretend to be the "one person" to attempt to take the high road. Just own it and carry on. Like all of us here, you're here to make points, to fantasize that you can change people's minds to the "right way" and also to keep an eye on what the competition is thinking. It's all good. It's okay to be human, I promise you.

Sorry if that all sounded harsh, but come on.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Ok, so do I just start a new thread about how Ron Paul is the real candidate for change?

Who is going to monitor the thread to make sure the rules you propose stay in effect?
I started one for Mccain and Obama and was about to for Ron Paul. I was hoping people would police themselves.......kinda like when people would leave that bowl of candy out front for Halloween and hope people took one piece. You will be able to tell the integrity of posters just by how they act in those forums.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:36 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
I started one for Mccain and Obama and was about to for Ron Paul. I was hoping people would police themselves.......kinda like when people would leave that bowl of candy out front for Halloween and hope people took one piece. You will be able to tell the integrity of posters just by how they act in those forums.

Sorry, I was just giving you a hard time, I think its a good idea, and I appreciate you posting that thread for Ron Paul supporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections