Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 04:13 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Oh, thanks for the reminder, jmarquise. You're absolutely right, Alexus deserves a prize for pointing out the bottom line: "Whether he does or not is really irrelevant isn't it? What does matter is THAT HE WON!"

So here's your prize--one rep point from normie, winging it's way to you!
Took the words out of my mouth. The stress is worth it all if you win. And the big point of note is that he won and is POTUS elect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 06:20 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
gimme a break. i would think running for president would give anyone a few gray hairs.
If that's what the stress has done to Obama, then McCain should be fossilized in a few weeks.
McCain doesn't have to deal with the stress a President does, so he will probably start looking younger!

Old 12-01-2008, 06:32 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
McCain doesn't have to deal with the stress a President does, so he will probably start looking younger!
To late for that the man is heading into his mid 70's. His aging is legit.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:19 PM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I don't think he looks older. He got sun and got darker and just looks a little lighter now, he always had a little gray skin tone. His wife on the other hand will probably look like Barbara Bush in a few years and she's well on her way now.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:22 PM

695 posts, read 1,377,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I don't think he looks older. He got sun and got darker and just looks a little lighter now, he always had a little gray skin tone. His wife on the other hand will probably look like Barbara Bush in a few years and she's well on her way now.
What makes you say that? I think Michelle is a beautiful lady.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:47 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times

Politics sure worked on the Shrubs looks too.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:32 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Hes had "the talk the outgoing president has with the incoming president" of all the uber secrets.

THAT would age anyone.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:50 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Obama's rapid aging probably has less to do with stress of the job and more to do with the lies he told and promises he made on the campaign trail. He won....time to keep the lofty promises and come clean or be found out on the lies. Worrying about keeping lies straight will definitely age a person.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:18 AM

72 posts, read 126,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Aren't YOU older than you were "before" ?????

I am.
Oh Body, Actually I am, but It seems like Presidents are on the fast track to death!
So, Why everybody is in love with this job?
Power is like narcotics, it is bad for the health and ages the man on the fast track, Consumes everything man has, and still man loves it and wants more and sacrifices everything for it,Family,Promises,Friends,Mates,...
and it tastes sweet but actually is bitter, almost like narcotics...

Old 12-04-2008, 09:33 AM

72 posts, read 126,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I would think that anyone facing the mess left by the last 8 years and accepting the awesome responsibility of trying to untangle it would age. If not, then they aren't taking their task seriously. I noticed that Hillary has aged considerably in the past year too. I think these are two responsible, intelligent people who know that the weight of the world is literally on their shoulders and it shows. God bless and keep them as they try to restore our nation.
I agree with the horrible last 8 years and the sense of responsibility of good politicians, but 2 years of everyday campaigning really is a killer process too.
And one question : Is the most important motivation for politicians,the love to serve people or the queen of POWER?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections