Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How would you rate Palin's interview with Obama supporter, Charles Gibson.
A (best) 8 26.67%
B 6 20.00%
C 1 3.33%
D 7 23.33%
F (worst) 6 20.00%
I do not know / not sure / have not watched it yet / other. 2 6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 05:39 PM

881 posts, read 1,589,500 times

Advertisements

***SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION: THE ABOVE POLL SHOULD HAVE ASKED:

"HOW DO YOU RATE PALIN'S PERFORMANCE WITH OBAMA SUPPORTER, CHARLES GIBSON"?

Gibson's pro-Obama stance is too much. But Palin worked Gibson out.

We all know Gibson is a Hillary supporter and is quite angry seeing Hillary supporters flocking over to McCain-Palin. So his solution is simple: destroy Palin to help the Democrats anyway. Charlie Gibson's Attempt to Twist Sarah Palin's Words | NewsBusters.org

I found it incredible how the interview starts with Gibson accusing Palin, a middle class Governor is she was prideful. Wow!! After Gibson interviewed Obama time and time again, Obama, the one called "the choosen one", a man so prideful, he felt the need to humiliate Hillary Clinton on national TV, who created a "Obama Presidential Seal" for himself, and not once did Gibson ask Obama "do you not think making up your own presidential seal is hubris"?

Oh and get this. Obama gives these never ending answers, that by the time he is done, we have no idea what he really meant, because Obama's answers run at least 2 minutes long, and Gibson attacked Palin by saying "I got lost in a blizzard of words there". How come Gibson never said such a thing to Obama, who gives these looooong, boring asnwers???

As Sarene well pointed out, when
Gibson interview B. Hussein in Israel, Gibson acted like a puppy eating off the hands of "the one". When he Interviewed Palin, Gibson was condescending throughout the interview. He was playing Gotcha. He attacked Palin and mocked her answers in a concerned effort to demean Palin.

Finally, Gibson LIED about the "Bush Doctrine", which is NOT about pre-emptive strike. The Bush Doctrine is the War on Islamic Extremism. The term "Bush Doctrine" was created and written in a collumn by Charles Krauthammer, who explains it to be 4 things, but the primary component was the War against Islamic Extremism.

But in the end, Palin kicked Gibson's butt. She has shown she can take the ABC edits to her comments, stand up to the enemy (in this case, a sarcasticly aggressive Obama worshipper) and still come out on top.

Conclusion: Palin will do just fine on Iran, Venezuela, and other world affairs. The aggressively biased Gibson interview has just proved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 08:00 PM

552 posts, read 1,073,542 times
I gave it a B. She's not going to sway Democrats/intelligent people, but there's no denying that the Republicans will love it.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:09 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,451,943 times
I gave it an F....BEFORE I read your "sorry for the confusion"....pretty sneaky, why the mods allow you to start polls is beyond me.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:31 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
Conclusion: Palin will do just fine on Iran, Venezuela, and other world affairs. The aggressively biased Gibson interview has just proved.

Ha Ha Ha Ha!

You make odanny laugh!

Old 09-12-2008, 08:36 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Ha Ha Ha Ha!

You make odanny laugh!
Chrildren are so easily amused...

Old 09-12-2008, 08:43 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
What is with all the Gibson bashing? I thought that the McCain campaign has been saying for weeks that it was going to run the McCain/Palin campaign and not let the media dictate when, how, or with whom Palin did interviews and whatnot?

Are you suggesting that the McCain camp made a mistake in whom they chose to interview Palin for the first time?

Old 09-12-2008, 09:21 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,427,295 times
Gibson was arrogant, condescending and clearly he felt he was superior. If just came across as rude and I've generally thought he was a fair guy in the past, I don't know if he's in the tank for Obama, but it sure seemed like it.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:45 PM

745 posts, read 2,209,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
Gibson was arrogant, condescending and clearly he felt he was superior. If just came across as rude and I've generally thought he was a fair guy in the past, I don't know if he's in the tank for Obama, but it sure seemed like it.
It really does say something when the New York Times agrees with you, especially when comparing it to his previous interview of Obama. They pointed out his professor-like attitude and toe-tapping that indicated he was impatient and a little pretentious toward her.

As for the interview, Liberals will look at it and say she did terrible. Conservatives will look at it and say she aced it. Most independents I've talked to say they thought she did well, that Gibson did come off as condescending and arrogant and was trying to trap her, but she displayed a wide knowledge base. It was also her first interview with a 'Washington-style' interviewer for what it's worth so I'm sure she was quite nervous and will be far more comfortable in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections