Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 01:05 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Uh, they obviously have a very different medical history... Obama doesn't have one
How do you know obama doesn't have a medical history? No one has seen his records, none of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 01:07 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,552,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Melanoma is a killer, and kills very quickly. McCain's must have been caught VERY early for him to have an all clear now. Because usually melanoma goes very quickly. McCain had the lesions removed and then he had an extensive workup for metastasis and nothing was found. So they definitely caught his very early; most people are not that lucky.

Obama, on the other hand, has NOT released his full health records and he is STILL a heavy smoker.

What do you mean lung and throat cancer are easy to find? Lung cancer is deadly. Usually by the time it is diagnosed it has metastasized, small cell lung cancer especially. He is a heavy smoker and he is 47 years old. Not good.

What was McCain's 'extensive' work up to see if it spread?

If Obama had lung cancer, he would be short of breath,,,I am sure they did a chest x-ray to view his lungs if he has a + history of smoking... And he quit smoking a while ago... Sometimes people smoke forever and don't get sick at all... Once you have been diagnosed with Melanoma, you have and it will come back...

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
Uh, they obviously have a very different medical history... Obama doesn't have one and McSame has a large one... What is the double standard? Obama is half his age...almost.
Or maybe Obama doesn't go to the doctor much so we don't know what's wrong. People who ignore doctors' orders and continue to smoke and people who use illegal drugs usually don't show their faces in a doctor's office unless they have to.

4,009 posts, read 5,733,294 times
Quote:
Melanoma is a killer, and kills very quickly. McCain's must have been caught VERY early for him to have an all clear now. Because usually melanoma goes very quickly. McCain had the lesions removed and then he had an extensive workup for metastasis and nothing was found. So they definitely caught his very early; most people are not that lucky.

Obama, on the other hand, has NOT released his full health records and he is STILL a heavy smoker.

What do you mean lung and throat cancer are easy to find? Lung cancer is deadly. Usually by the time it is diagnosed it has metastasized, small cell lung cancer especially. He is a heavy smoker and he is 47 years old. Not good.
Obama is not a heavy smoker ! Where do you get your facts ? I've been around him for days at a time and he's never had one. In fact if he hasn't quit totally, which I believe he has...he is quitting.

Old 09-14-2008, 01:09 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Obama is not a heavy smoker ! Where do you get your facts ? I've been around him for days at a time and he's never had one. In fact if he hasn't quit totally, which I believe he has...he is quitting.
You've been around Obama? Is he as clean as Joe Biden says he is?

Old 09-14-2008, 01:09 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
You can forget McCain releasing any more of the 1000-pages of medical history he already has. Does obama and his supporters really want to go there - and have McCain demand that obama release more than a one-page summary from his doctor?

I'd say a 1000 pages is sufficient.

Old 09-14-2008, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
How do you know obama doesn't have a medical history? No one has seen his records, none of them.
Maybe he doesn't have records...You have to be sick to have records... If you have nothing wrong with you, you don't go to the doctor,,,and no records. I really doubt a person with lung cancer can run 3 miles and day and excersise on a regular basis...

Here's Obama's Medical Records. Is Hillary Going to Release Hers? - Democratic Underground

Old 09-14-2008, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
What was McCain's 'extensive' work up to see if it spread?

If Obama had lung cancer, he would be short of breath,,,I am sure they did a chest x-ray to view his lungs if he has a + history of smoking... And he quit smoking a while ago... Sometimes people smoke forever and don't get sick at all... Once you have been diagnosed with Melanoma, you have and it will come back...
I dunno, do a search if you want to know what all they did; I have seen it reported before but I skimmed over that part because I know the things they do - they do a bone scan to see if it's spread to the bone, they look to see if it's in the liver, kidneys, lymph nodes, etc., and it was all clear.

No, Obama wouldn't necessarily be short of breath if he had lung cancer. Funny how you are SURE McCain's health is bad even though his doctors say he is in good health, but chain smoking Obama must be healthy according to you. Once you quit smoking it takes YEARS for the tissue to recover from it and sometimes people are diagnosed with cancer AFTER they have quit because the damage is already done.

The doctors said McCain's cancer is gone and he is in good health. I trust their judgment, not yours.

Old 09-14-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
When have you been around him for days at a time? Were you with him 24/7? I didn't think so.

Lots of people "are quitting" and it never happens. And the damage has been done already anyway. I'm more worried about HIS health than McCain's.

Old 09-14-2008, 01:22 PM

Quote:
I dunno, do a search if you want to know what all they did; I have seen it reported before but I skimmed over that part because I know the things they do - they do a bone scan to see if it's spread to the bone, they look to see if it's in the liver, kidneys, lymph nodes, etc., and it was all clear.

No, Obama wouldn't necessarily be short of breath if he had lung cancer. Funny how you are SURE McCain's health is bad even though his doctors say he is in good health, but chain smoking Obama must be healthy according to you. Once you quit smoking it takes YEARS for the tissue to recover from it and sometimes people are diagnosed with cancer AFTER they have quit because the damage is already done.

The doctors said McCain's cancer is gone and he is in good health. I trust their judgment, not yours.

He has a 1000 page medical history...He has been diagnosed with reoccuring melanoma...It is fact he is in bad health... Just because he had several scans (which I don't believe) to see if he had cancer does not mean it has not started to grow back the day after the scan...He should be getting scanned on a routine basis...and is not...

And I am a Respiratory Therapist, if someone has failing health due to lung cancer, it would a.) be found and b.) he would not be running or playing basketball....

McCain already has cancer...it has been diagnosed. The melanoma on his face was so deep they felt the need to remove lymph nodes as well...and the swelling has never gone away...He has such an extensive history because he has 5 doctors from the mayo clinic writing in those records...because he had cancer...

Obama has not had 1/4 of the health issues McCain has had so why would he have an extensive history...

For example: I am 35 and have had no history of any illness...therefore the only health records I have are normal check-ups and the birth of my 2 girls...which could be summarized pretty much in a paragraph...

Small history or no records is a good thing...sign of a healthy man...The thicker your file, the more illness you have had...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections