Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 05:43 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times

Advertisements

Dave Ramsey just spoke about the economy and stated that unexperienced CEO who have a College degree and are in their thirties, shouldn't be having a leading job in the company since they have not enough expeirence.

He stated that Obama's remarks about how we are in depression are b.s. and since he is young and not experienced enough doesn't understand enough about the economy other than scary people.

Ramsey stated that people who are his age or older have gone through things and because of that experience know better what they are talking about.

Although he didn't 100% agree with McCain he stated that McCain understands the economy and that McCain is way more experienced to lead this country.

This coming from an expert who had proven that he knows what he is talking about!

McCain/Palin. '08

By the way Hillary Clinto was going to a anti Iran protest but cancelled because Palin will be there...so much for her strong believes....Hillary is really disappointing me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 07:24 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,849,301 times
I'm pretty sure that Dave would have said "inexperienced" instead of "unexperienced".

Barack Obama didn't say "we're in a depression", he said "worst economic situation since the "great depression". A lot of difference in the two and an opinion that a couple of former heads of the Fed agree with.

Dave Ramsey calling Obama "too young" to know what he's talking about is laughable. What is Ramsey, 45 or so?

Dave Ramsey knows how to go bankrupt too, ask him about it and he'll tell you!

Dave Ramsey says "you can't be rich unless you believe in Jesus". That must be how "jews control all the money" then.

I like to listen to Dave Ramsey occassionally but like any other "specific format" talk show it's repetitive after about a week of shows.

He does run his sales operation like a Republican campaign though. The basic premise is "send me money and do it my way or YOU'RE DOOMED.

Lots of us are millionaires who aren't feeling the pinch of the current situation. Doesn't mean that we think continuing to dig deeper is the way out of this hole.

golfgod

Old 09-17-2008, 07:30 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,814 times
Dave Ramsey knows nothing about Economics. He is a "personal finance" guy and there is a huge difference between being an Economist and a financial counselor. Just like Suzie Orman, he has his own agenda and these people are "sponsored" by many big companies. Suzie Orman is nothing more than a sales person masked as a "financial guru". Do not believe the hype.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:38 AM

317 posts, read 496,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post

Dave Ramsey calling Obama "too young" to know what he's talking about is laughable. What is Ramsey, 45 or so?

Dave Ramsey says "you can't be rich unless you believe in Jesus". That must be how "jews control all the money" then.

I like to listen to Dave Ramsey occassionally but like any other "specific format" talk show it's repetitive after about a week of shows.

He does run his sales operation like a Republican campaign though. The basic premise is "send me money and do it my way or YOU'RE DOOMED.

golfgod
I know Dave Ramsey and he is a class act. He has never said "you can't be rich unless you believe in Jesus" or "send me money and do it my way or YOU'RE DOOMED". Please show me where you got that bogus information. Anybody who listens to his show will tell you that he would never say anything like that. He has helped millions of families learn to budget their money, get out of debt, and invest for the future. I was able to turn my life around because of the advice that he gave me. If you have problems with him then I suggest that you don't listen to his show anymore.

Last edited by dpow; 09-17-2008 at 07:49 AM..

Old 09-17-2008, 07:48 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
I'm pretty sure that Dave would have said "inexperienced" instead of "unexperienced".

Barack Obama didn't say "we're in a depression", he said "worst economic situation since the "great depression". A lot of difference in the two and an opinion that a couple of former heads of the Fed agree with.

Lots of us are millionaires who aren't feeling the pinch of the current situation. Doesn't mean that we think continuing to dig deeper is the way out of this hole.

golfgod
I've only listened to ramsey occasionally, and I have never heard him say that only thru jesus can one become wealthy, and certainly never that jews controlled all the money. And since you have those phrases in quotes I can only mean they are direct from ramseys mouth?
I don't know dems......here you have an out and out anti semites like wright and farrakhan supporting your man and somehow that is all good yet you have a problem with ramsey (that I am not sure exists).
So, golfgod I do believe that this is a situation to either put up or shut up. I would like to see quotes of ramsey jesus pandering and jew baiting.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:54 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,874 times
Talking about things being the worst since the Depression is just a fact. I've read a lot about the Great Depression, and I'm rather (ah-hem) "old", so I've never seen anything as bad as this in my time.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:56 AM

2,935 posts, read 6,715,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I've only listened to ramsey occasionally, and I have never heard him say that only thru jesus can one become wealthy, and certainly never that jews controlled all the money. And since you have those phrases in quotes I can only mean they are direct from ramseys mouth?
I don't know dems......here you have an out and out anti semites like wright and farrakhan supporting your man and somehow that is all good yet you have a problem with ramsey (that I am not sure exists).
So, golfgod I do believe that this is a situation to either put up or shut up. I would like to see quotes of ramsey jesus pandering and jew baiting.
I listen all the time and those statements are hogwash. He does quote scripture and takes a biblical approach, but not in a judgmental way.

However, his political messages aren't 100% consistent. He is always speaking about how we need to decrease government involvement in our life, and five minutes later he's calling for more regulation of credit card companies and how they shouldn't be allowed on college campuses. That's my only beef with him.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:02 AM

7,928 posts, read 9,152,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
Talking about things being the worst since the Depression is just a fact. I've read a lot about the Great Depression, and I'm rather (ah-hem) "old", so I've never seen anything as bad as this in my time.
Maybe because I was very young then, but I remember the mid 70's to be worse, particularly in NYC. Inflation was higher than today, the city laid off thousands of workers.

I do agree that today is worse than the 1991 and 2001 recessions.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:05 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
Maybe because I was very young then, but I remember the mid 70's to be worse, particularly in NYC. Inflation was higher than today, the city laid off thousands of workers.

I do agree that today is worse than the 1991 and 2001 recessions.
I agree...I was only a child in the 1970s but I remember my parents struggle to make ends meet very well. Not to mention the gas lines.
That said, we are worse off then under clinton.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:08 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,380,037 times
Ramsey's and Orman's advice essentially boils down to "don't buy stuff you can't afford", and "pay off your 25% interest credit card before you buy more stuff"- tidbits that anyone with 1/2 a brain already knows- so I'll look for information on the national economy and who the right person to turn it around is elsewhere. These people have made a fortune due to the dumbing down of America and have benefitted from the ridiculous credit card offers, absurd mortgage programs, etc- those programs have created a clientele for them to "help".....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections