Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 06:12 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times

Advertisements

i wish Congress didnt follow the hype about the war and said no. I wished they resisted the Patriot Act and said NO. When Bush proposed his budgets I wished they said NO
When he Flim flamed the elections I wished they just said NO.
I noticed when we had a Democratic President the economy was strong the national debt was controlled and gas was $1.00, and we were not in a depression. And now McSame says he will give us 4 more years of the same. Wow thanks but no thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 06:22 AM

124 posts, read 507,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
these economic problems started LONG before 2006... if you believe that then you're a damn fool.. realistically after the dot com bubble burst the stock market should have tanked more than it did. The financial statements of these large corporations have been skewed so far away from GAAP. Allowing them to lend money they don't have and then account for the entire terms of the loan as an asset on their books. It's like writing a check to cover a check to cover a check to cover another check that is bad... the reason the check was bad is because of greed, and banking on their sub prime lending schemes. Basically its all catching up with them.. and the average american got suckered into it (partly their own fault) but now that those homeowners aren't making good on their loans who the lenders shouldn't have done business with in the first place...we the tax payers have to foot the bill to ensure our entire financial system doesn't crash...the average joe blow that is going through foreclosure will have his credit ruined and won't be able to finance a pot to pee in for the next decade and forced to file bankruptcy... while these big lenders who were involved get bailouts so they don't go bankrupt
its just sickening...
Actually the mortgage problem started with President Bill Clinton's bank finance guy who lowered banking standards in 1998. Check it out then talk to me. I was saying that everyone was doing well or felt that way three years ago.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:30 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,749,490 times
Learn how to spell before you start a thread.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:32 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Oh I sure have. Bush was doing a great job for the 1st six years then the Dem Congress came in an ruined everything....

Old 09-18-2008, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Learn how to spell before you start a thread.
I'm tyring to i have to over come my government edgumacation.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Oh I sure have. Bush was doing a great job for the 1st six years then the Dem Congress came in an ruined everything....
Yep, that about says it all.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:42 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by o boy View Post
Actually the mortgage problem started with President Bill Clinton's bank finance guy who lowered banking standards in 1998. Check it out then talk to me. I was saying that everyone was doing well or felt that way three years ago.
Would you like to discuss 2005 now or shall we continue strolling through history?

In Senate, Gramm Led Effort for Banking Deregulation, Which Set Stage for Current Mortgage Crisis (http://www.mccainpedia.org/index.php/Mortgage_Crisis - broken link). Gramm led "aggressive efforts when he was chairman of the Senate Banking Committee to deregulate the banking and financial services industry. That culminated in passage in 1999 of a sweeping financial services law that tore down the Depression-era Glass-Steagall wall separating regulated commercial banks from largely unregulated investment banks. And little regulation was put in to replace it." :To many liberal economists, Gramm's efforts set the stage for the current crisis," with investment banks lending soaring, starting the trading in subprime mortgages and becoming too large to be allowed to fail.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:45 AM

Quote:

So you blame your education or lack thereof on the Government? Isn't one of the founding tenets of Government based in citizens educating themselves in order to control Government?

Old 09-18-2008, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Why is it that liberals are great at spelling, writing, whining but, as a whole don't really do much else. Are there any examples that could lead me to believe different.
You're your own best example....here you are whining about your "gubment education".

Later you whined about liberals and Bill Clinton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections