Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 09:27 AM

658 posts, read 1,785,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
This pick is an insult to the country.
I know! It boggles my mind that people are actually making excuses for her by stating that education and grades do not matter.

As many of you have already stated, if Palin were applying for any other mid-level job she would have been rejected. That fact this is woman is running for Vice President and has proven that she knows absolutely nothing about the economy, foreign policy, health care and education- and this is who McCain picks as a candidate? No wonder this country is in the sorry state it currently is in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 09:29 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
Did she actually get a "D?" How exactly does one go about getting a "D," in any subject?
She's too busy getting herself gussied up for class, only to realize that class is over?

She was pregnant and going into labor?

She was fighting off a rabid moose and was fumbling with her gun?

She was GETTING pregnant?

Oh this is too much fun.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:31 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,854,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
Did she actually get a "D?" How exactly does one go about getting a "D," in any subject?
It's not that hard. (it was Calculus II, first year of college, 8AM four days a week)

I wouldn't dream of insulting the American people by running for VP though.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:34 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times
Default DO grades matter???.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippingJay View Post
I know! It boggles my mind that people are actually making excuses for her by stating that education and grades do not matter.

Joe Biden was not a great student, either...

"Biden attended the University of Delaware in Newark, where by his own later description he was a lazy student. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts with a double major in history and political science in 1965, ranked 506th of 688 in his class.

He went on to receive his Juris Doctor from Syracuse University College of Law in 1968, where by his own description he again underperformed and ranked 76th of 85 students.

During his first year there, he was accused of having plagiarized 5 of 15 pages of a law review article. Biden said it was inadvertent due to his not knowing the proper rules of citation, and Biden was permitted to retake the course after receiving a grade of F, which was subsequently dropped from his record.

(The issue came up in 1987 during Biden's presidential campaign, and later that year the Delaware Supreme Court's Board of Professional Responsibility cleared Biden of the plagiarism charges regarding his standing as a lawyer, saying Biden had "not violated any rules".) Biden was admitted to the Delaware Bar in 1969."

taken from wikipedia

Joe Biden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by World Citizen; 09-19-2008 at 09:42 AM..

Old 09-19-2008, 09:37 AM

973 posts, read 2,229,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
omg. Its beyond belief. She cannot even understand basic economics. I cannot understand a hack who attended 7 colleges. How can a failure like this run a major, first world nation with MAJOR economic problems.....

This needs to be questioned.
Yeah, what someone did 25 years ago still applies today. By your logic, Obama is still snorting coke, as he admitted doing when he was a kid. You see the problem with this logic yet?

I know a lot of people who weren't disciplined in college, but after they grew up, they became exceptional people.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:40 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:

As many of you have already stated, if Palin were applying for any other mid-level job she would have been rejected. That fact this is woman is running for Vice President and has proven that she knows absolutely nothing about the economy, foreign policy, health care and education- and this is who McCain picks as a candidate? No wonder this country is in the sorry state it currently is in.

Pretty much describes Dubya, maybe McCain just figures why mess with success?

Old 09-19-2008, 09:42 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post

Joe Biden not a great student, either...

"Biden attended the University of Delaware in Newark, where by his own later description he was a lazy student. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts with a double major in history and political science in 1965, ranked 506th of 688 in his class.

He went on to receive his Juris Doctor from Syracuse University College of Law in 1968, where by his own description he again underperformed and ranked 76th of 85 students. During his first year there, he was accused of having plagiarized 5 of 15 pages of a law review article. Biden said it was inadvertent due to his not knowing the proper rules of citation, and Biden was permitted to retake the course after receiving a grade of F, which was subsequently dropped from his record.

(The issue came up in 1987 during Biden's presidential campaign, and later that year the Delaware Supreme Court's Board of Professional Responsibility cleared Biden of the plagiarism charges regarding his standing as a lawyer, saying Biden had "not violated any rules".) Biden was admitted to the Delaware Bar in 1969."

taken from wikipedia

Joe Biden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
So, he followed the rules etc and got his JD. I am not sure if Palin knows what a JD is.

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Lots of smart kids get a bad grade or two in college. It's amusing how you all act like you are above that. Some of you complaining didn't even GO to college, and those of you who did - I'd like to see YOUR grades!

I had a few not so good grades in college, when my mind wasn't ON college. Some kids are just partying too much. Some are going through some kind of personal crisis - a death in the family, a breakup of a relationship. Some have trouble adjusting to college. For some it's just immaturity. Some don't have any issues to deal with and do fine from the start. Good for them, and I hope my kids can do that.

I had some trouble the first couple of years of college. Took a break for a few years and then went back to the same school and had a 3.5 GPA from there on out.

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:

Education is no longer respected by Republicans - it's all about cronyism now. Who you know, who you suck up to, and who sucks up to you. That's how you move up in life. I've worked with these types in the corporate world, and when you get a boss like this, your only choice is to look for another job, because you'll soon not respect their terrible decisions, they won't respect your education and knowledge, you won't suck up to them, so you're in a dead end situation.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:45 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I had some trouble the first couple of years of college. Took a break for a few years and then went back to the same school and had a 3.5 GPA from there on out.
And you are likely just as qualified as Palin is to be V.P.

Scary, aint it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections