Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 08:46 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times

Advertisements

Hot Air » Blog Archive » Bush summons Obama

Quote:
So who prevailed? McCain wound up with both of them in Washington, and managed to embarrass Obama in the process. Obama held a press conference to explain why he thought it was a waste of time for him to return to the Senate — and he didn’t describe himself in terribly glowing terms:
Obama;
Quote:
As I said before, I think that one of the things we have to determine is how we can be most helpful. It’s my sense that the most helpful thing we can do right now is, uh, to let everyone know this is a sufficiently important problem. I can be helpful, and I am prepared to be anywhere, anytime. So, uh, I think the message is, if I can be helpful, I am prepared to be there at any point.
Really barry? We don't already know how important this is?

Quote:
Bear in mind that Senator Obama wants to run the executive branch starting in January. At a moment when his country needs leadership and Congress is meeting to determine policy that will affect the executive branch for the next several months and years, he doesn’t consider his role as a Senator important enough to take part in those negotiations. “If I can be helpful,” Obama says, indicating that he doesn’t consider fulfilling his current responsibilities helpful or even desirable.

Instead he wants to let everyone know that this is a “sufficiently important problem”. Sufficiently important how? Apparently, “sufficiently important” to issue press statements, but not “sufficiently important” to get back to work for a few days. What would constitute a problem “sufficiently important” enough for him to do that? Congress needs to address a $700 billion bailout that Obama has already stated will severely restrict his policy options if he wins the elections. Doesn’t he have a “sufficiently important” interest in that, either?
Helpful? Aren't you the friggin "leader" of your party? I would think your constituents would want to see you actually WORK for a change instead of campaigning. Like 4 days is gonna kill you.

Mac has some big, brass ones - yours on the hand are in the wife's lockbox.

You sure showed your leadership barry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 08:48 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,725,297 times
Bush bailed out McCain by inviting them both to Washington; otherswise McCain would look the fool sitting in Washington with nothing to do. I guess that's the advantage of being tight with Bush. McCain = Bush = more of the same.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:53 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
Bush bailed out McCain by inviting them both to Washington; otherswise McCain would look the fool sitting in Washington with nothing to do. I guess that's the advantage of being tight with Bush. McCain = Bush = more of the same.
I would bet that Bush was not happy with McCain's attempt to turn into the calvary, particularly right before GW was scheduled to go on national TV.
From a political perspective, this was a really back-of-the hand to the party.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:54 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Hot Air » Blog Archive » Bush summons Obama

Obama;

Helpful? Aren't you the friggin "leader" of your party? I would think your constituents would want to see you actually WORK for a change instead of campaigning. Like 4 days is gonna kill you.

Mac has some big, brass ones - yours on the hand are in the wife's lockbox.

You sure showed your leadership barry.
Just YESTERDAY you Republicans were on here saying the economic crisis is overblown and is being somehow artificially created to help get Obama elected. Make up your minds already.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:59 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,182,881 times
Quote:
Quote:
09-22-2008, 10:34 AM Replies: 81
Poll: The Economy is bad, but do you think the Democrat Leaders and the Media are making it sound worse so Obama can win Presi
Views: 1,052
Posted By sanrene
Absolutely they are. I have no doubt if...

Absolutely they are.

I have no doubt if Obama wins, the economy will make a miraculous recovery in record time.

The media is his secret weapon and the economy is his ace in the whole.

How...

brilliant

Old 09-25-2008, 09:00 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Just YESTERDAY you Republicans were on here saying the economic crisis is overblown and is being somehow artificially created to help get Obama elected. Make up your minds already.
Exactly, besides, the only one who looks like an idiot in this whole mess is McCain.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:01 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
You mean Bush bailed barry out. How would it have looked if all parties are in DC hammering out a deal to save the economy and barry is in Fl practicing for the debate?

Paulson called on McCain to make the deal happen.

1,718 posts, read 2,424,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I would bet that Bush was not happy with McCain's attempt to turn into the calvary, particularly right before GW was scheduled to go on national TV.
From a political perspective, this was a really back-of-the hand to the party.
You have a point. Bush has an ego as large as McCain's if not larger. He doesn't care to play second fiddle to anyone - McCain especially.

Quote:
Paulson called on McCain to make the deal happen.
Someone had to call on him to get him involved. Obama already was. They had no need to poke him in order to get him pay attention to what was going on.

The facts are irrefutable sanrene. You can spin all you want but it doesn't change the fact that McCain hasn't been keeping in touch with Washington during this.

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
I said yesterday long before Bush's call for them both to come to Washington that Obama really had not CHOICE but to go to Washington because he would look foolish standing at the podium by himself.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:02 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,205 times
Quote:
HEH ! ! !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections