Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 10:44 AM

742 posts, read 2,068,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Tina Fey is just another idiot hailed by leftists who all think they're doing a good job.

Tina Fey will end up as another empty, hollow, self defeating activist for a cause that nobody cares about. She will make a really dumb movie and take her cash to get a house in an Obama classified upper class house, but not in a really upper class neighborhood. All her drunk liberal friends will think she's something until they all die.

She will contribute nothing to society. A self absorbed Democrat.
You're claiming that based on what? What's your contribution to society?
Quote:
I work with a lot of people...I know a lot of folks think that the outcome of this election is paramount to there ideologies. But in America the people I stand next to and work with are all great. We are all brothers and sisters outside of Washington. In my experience politics takes a back seat when it comes to face to face interaction.
Lofty remarks, but doesn't hold any water. A real people person, who has genuinely worked with "a lot of people" or has an enlightened view of the American people, wouldn't spew the kind of angst-filled incoherence that you have displayed. What it does show is you have personal issues that may not be related at all to SNL or Tina Fey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 10:53 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,384,753 times
OMG........... SNL is a comedy show......... they lampoon all public figures. lol

Old 09-28-2008, 11:21 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_talons View Post
You're claiming that based on what? What's your contribution to society?Lofty remarks, but doesn't hold any water. A real people person, who has genuinely worked with "a lot of people" or has an enlightened view of the American people, wouldn't spew the kind of angst-filled incoherence that you have displayed. What it does show is you have personal issues that may not be related at all to SNL or Tina Fey.
Look, the people I know are decent people.

I have every right to stand against the stupidity and lewdness exemplified by Fey.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:26 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Look, the people I know are decent people.

I have every right to stand against the stupidity and lewdness exemplified by Fey.
You're right - since this is America you do have the right to stand up against stupidity. So let's look at stupidity, shall we?

Disliking Tina Fey's impersonation of Palin - okay
Disliking Tina Fey because she's impersonating Palin - stupidity

Old 09-28-2008, 11:36 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,877,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
HILARIOUS!!!!!!

Women should be offended by a skit on TV!!!!??????

There are so many BIG IMPORTANT things that have been offensive to women and you think SNL is a problem?

How about the controlling, insulting, offensive, condescending, people who don't want women to have control of their own bodies? Want to throw women in jail for having an abortion? Don't want rape victims to have the mornning after pill? Want 12 year olds to have their Dad's baby

How about a political party who picks a woman for the simple reason she is female and attractive instead ot intelligent and accomplished?

How about women being paid less than men for the same work????

Now just because SNL insulted poor delicate little weak hot house flower Palin...doesn't mean you have to go on some phony tangent , insulting women along the way.
So true.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:39 AM

746 posts, read 2,176,500 times
You know, the really sad thing is that SNL could have just played the real interview and it would have been just as funny. They don't need to spoof Palin to show how much of an idiot she is. She does that all on her own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections