Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 06:30 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times

Advertisements

Post Traumatic Politician Syndrome...perfectly normal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 06:33 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
I have a question: Why do people refer to Obama as Bubba? I don't understand this nickname. Can someone please explain it to me, I've seen it in many anti-Obama posts.
They don't that I know of. Bubba is usually Bill's nickname.

Quote:
Does anyone notice that Bill Clinton does not look at people when he talks to them. He is usually staring into space and goes off in long tangents. He rarely speaks in a conversational tone but instead is more of a teacher or lecturer in interviews. I think he has got kind of scary.
I think part of that is because he no longer has to worry about winning people's votes and he's not speaking on a big stage. I know a few people that stare off elsewhere, half lost in thought while speaking.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:42 AM

690 posts, read 1,015,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
I have a question: Why do people refer to Obama as Bubba? I don't understand this nickname. Can someone please explain it to me, I've seen it in many anti-Obama posts.

There are a lot of nick names used by PUMA's and general McCain fans.

My favorite is NObama but they also use Bubba. These are just bitter people who now starting to realize that they are not going to win on Nov 4th.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:55 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,449,100 times
Why post what CNN has on this? Why not go directly to the Meet the Press transcript? And the transcript includes this:

Quote:
MR. BROKAW: But I get the sense that you think that he has the potential for greatness, but he's not yet arrived at that station.

PRES. CLINTON: Well, he would probably agree with that. I mean, he was, you know, until he was in the State Senate until 2005 and then he began a campaign for president, which is, in all probability, will be successful, and those are very great accomplishments. But those are personal accomplishments. When he becomes president, he'll be doing things for the American people and for the world and he is--and the greatness will then become apparent because of the good he'll do. And I, I think that's what I very much believe is going to happen.
[1] Clinton was being gracious when he described McCain as great. Much like Obama being gracious to McCain during the debate (the number of times Obama said McCain was right seemed to really irk some people), Clinton being gracious to McCain has caught some on the right by surprise. Perhaps they are not familiar with graciousness?

[2] I agree with Clinton's assessment that Obama's accomplishments to date probably do not rise to the level of "great", but as President, Obama will achieve greatness.

[3] It cracks me up when people who would in all likelihood not credit Clinton for knowing how to tie his shoes take something that Clinton says about a person that can be taken in any kind of negative light and suddenly, gee, Clinton sure knows what he's talking about!

Old 09-29-2008, 07:26 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
It's clearly a pitiful attempt to discredit President Clinton's clear endorsement of Senator Obama to the Office of President, and in a slight of hand to also discredit President Clinton. No one in their right mind believes a senior member of the Democrat's Party is endorsing the Republican candidate beyond common courtesy.
Where have you been the last 3 weeks? Don't you know the left is absolutely bonkers about Bubba's praise of McCain and Palin recently? He reminded people just last week that it was Mac asking for all those town hall debates with obama. He reminded people just how patriotic and what a wonderful servant Mac has been his entire life in the service of his country. He's hot for Palin , based on his comments about her.

And now this. Oh, this is just too good to be true.

And the media has studiously reported each and every one of his statements.

Bubba = Bill Clinton.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:47 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,290,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Clinton hesitant to call Obama a ‘great man’ « - Blogs from CNN.com

msnbc.com Video Player

There can be not better endorsement for all those dems undecided about who they will vote for. Bubba = stealth PUMA
There's no better endorsement than from the man who is married to the person that Barack Obama defeated? Yeah, that's impartial.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:02 AM

835 posts, read 1,322,523 times
Where has all the love from the left for Bill Clinton gone?

Bill Clinton is one of the best on the campaign trail for McCain and he does it all for free.
The left can toss insults all day over this matter...fact remains Bill Clinton has said this on many occasions and has not been able to say that he likes Obama, or thinks Obama is a good person.

Sanrene reports....you decide!

Old 09-29-2008, 08:06 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
Where has all the love from the left for Bill Clinton gone?
Speaking from the relative center here, where did all the love allasudden for Bubba on the right begin? When will everyone go back to singling him out for everything from the mortgage meltdown to the Yankees not being in the MLB playoffs?

Old 09-29-2008, 08:44 AM

835 posts, read 1,322,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Speaking from the relative center here, where did all the love allasudden for Bubba on the right begin? When will everyone go back to singling him out for everything from the mortgage meltdown to the Yankees not being in the MLB playoffs?
Quote:
The action, which will begin as a pilot program involving 24 banks in 15 markets -- including the New York metropolitan region -- will encourage those banks to extend home mortgages to individuals whose credit is generally not good enough to qualify for conventional loans. Fannie Mae officials say they hope to make it a nationwide program by next spring.
Fannie Mae, the nation's biggest underwriter of home mortgages, has been under increasing pressure from the Clinton Administration to expand mortgage loans among low and moderate income people and felt pressure from stock holders to maintain its phenomenal growth in profits.
This is why we pin part of the blame on Clinton...because that is where is goes.
Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending - New York Times (http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0DE7DB153EF933A0575AC0A96F9582 60&scp=1&sq=&st=nyt - broken link)

As for the Yankees I'll go with Steinbrenner.

Clinton is the only dem to be elected to two terms in 30 years....love him or hate him he deserves credit. The left had a lovefest with Bill Clinton until Barry hit the scene...now Bill promotes McCain more than Barry and he doesn't even get paid to do it...we don't love Bill we just love what he says about McCain!

Old 09-29-2008, 08:48 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
It's clearly a pitiful attempt to discredit President Clinton's clear endorsement of Senator Obama to the Office of President, and in a slight of hand to also discredit President Clinton. No one in their right mind believes a senior member of the Democrat's Party is endorsing the Republican candidate beyond common courtesy.

The Op's fishing for blue Tuna in a silt pond.

Have you seen Bill Clinton when asked about McCain vs. Obama? He easily says very glowing things about McCain. When asked about Obama, he can barely choke out the words, which are never that glowing. He said he has only actually met him once at the lunch in Harlem. It is obvious he is uncomfortable endorsing him publicly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections