Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 12:08 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times

Advertisements

The message coming out of PA isn't good either.
McCain Could Be Forced Out Of Pennsylvania Too, Union Chief Says
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 12:09 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,758 times
what's really sad is that if obama wasn't a black man... mcCain would be losing by even a larger margin..
you can argue all you want with me about that.. but its true.. I've heard it directly from people's mouths... I've even heard people who are republican say they wished hillary had been on the ticket.. because they would "have to bite the bullet and vote for her"
I've even heard middle aged and older men flat out say.. I'm not voting for a black man because of the drama attached to it (whatever that means)

Old 10-03-2008, 12:10 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Who are the famous Republicans campaigning for McCain? Any former Presidents or Presidential candidates. Hmmmm who is alive their side other then Daddy Bush? Advantage Obama!
Buffet for Obama etc etc etc, now Bill C is on a roll as is Hillary etc. Romney? Pawlenty? Powell? Rumsfeld? Hmmmmmm who? Who are the remaining popular Republicans who will still go out in public wearing a Jackass? Lots of Elephants out there. McCain needs a voting surge now and needs to take over main street and win the hearts and soul of the American electorate. Does he really want to bring the 527 bombers in?

Old 10-03-2008, 12:11 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
what's really sad is that if obama wasn't a black man... mcCain would be losing by even a larger margin..
you can argue all you want with me about that.. but its true.. I've heard it directly from people's mouths... I've even heard people who are republican say they wished hillary had been on the ticket.. because they would "have to bite the bullet and vote for her"
I've even heard middle aged and older men flat out say.. I'm not voting for a black man because of the drama attached to it (whatever that means)
Yup, that's why he's not ahead by 20 points.
Won't matter though, chances are he'll win anyway.

Ken

Old 10-03-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yup, that's why he's not ahead by 20 points.
Won't matter though, chances are he'll win anyway.

Ken
I know its true.. and its really disgusting... but I'm just glad he's winning..
McCain is not getting a McCain vote.. he's getting anti-obama votes.
driving around town.. I see tons of obama bumper stickers.. not ONE mcCain sticker.. but I have seen a few that just say.. Nobama!
that in itself explains a lot....
America is a great country.. but there are some serious issues with people in this country.. so much hate...
when a republican in idaho is willing to vote for a clinton.. you know there's problems.. but what is more disgusting is that hillary would get their vote... but the same could not be given to the black man....

Old 10-03-2008, 12:15 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
The message coming out of PA isn't good either.
McCain Could Be Forced Out Of Pennsylvania Too, Union Chief Says
Thats why I said in here that pulling out of Michigan was not wise. It sends the wrong message of becoming a defeatist and that creates downward momentum and speculation of which bank/state is going to fail next. You know what that does to the value of financials. Now is this the no surrender guy who we are suppose to believe about Iraq? John what were you thinking about?

Old 10-03-2008, 12:17 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,080,544 times
I was shocked yesterday when I went to a community meeting and mentioned to one of the VFW folks that I was going to the Obama rally on Saturday and he asked why I would support a "n-word". I do not know why I continue to be shocked since I live in Southern Virginia, but I do not dislike McCain because he is white, I dislike him because he is wrong.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:19 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
At this point Senator McCain appears to be on his own. Many of the Conservative media has surreptitiously divorced themselves of what they see as a disaster while others have gone on record making their positions known. The President and Vice President bailed on the Convention, while the faithful partied into the night. There isn't a single GOP heavyweight out there putting their reputation on the line and pushing this ticket. Even P. Buchanon mentioned the Senator is part of a fractured divide that exists within the party - that he's "one of them".

Last edited by walidm; 10-03-2008 at 12:27 PM..

Old 10-03-2008, 12:19 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
I totally agree. I used to be one of the people who would vehemently argue with you on this matter. But over the past 2 or 3 months I've heard so many people say they won't vote for a Black man. I even heard someone say "maybe for Vice President, but I don't think we're ready yet." Then there are the disgusting, bigoted emails I keep getting. Sad to say, I had to block some people I used to enjoy hearing from once in a while.

One other thing that surprises me is this. Either there are more uneducated, naive and ignorant people out there who fall for publicity stunts, slanderous ads and just plain stupid internet rumors (like Obama will turn America into a Muslin nation) or it's because intelligent, reasonable people are willing to listen & accept fiction for fact because of their uncertainty and fear of the unknown.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
I was shocked yesterday when I went to a community meeting and mentioned to one of the VFW folks that I was going to the Obama rally on Saturday and he asked why I would support a "n-word". I do not know why I continue to be shocked since I live in Southern Virginia, but I do not dislike McCain because he is white, I dislike him because he is wrong.
believe me.. I've heard the N word a couple times too.. and its absolutely disgusting...
republican party is conservative I get it.. and they're all about traditionalism..
problem is.. when I look back at what has been traditional in america.. I don't like what I see... and these are the kinds of people you find in that party...
boo for republicans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections