Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 05:33 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Palin shouldn't use the term "states rights". It conjures up images of "attack dogs and fire hoses. The right wingers use the term selectively. They don't want states rights to include gay marriage, environmental issues, medical marijuana, etc.
Huh? Well, you're from Oregon. Figures. Probably no state more far left than Oregon, but California is getting close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 05:51 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Shoot, she probably can't tell ya what the first 10 amendments are called ... double sigh.
Bet she can. She is not the stupid person you people try to tell us she is.

She is Governor of Alaska, afterall, and she didn't get their for being stupid.

Is this all you people ever have, to call someone "stupid" that you disagree with? You can't come up with a rational argument, so you simply say that they are stupid.

"Bush is stupid, Cheney is stupid, Palin is stupid, Republicans are stupid. Haliburton, Haliburton, Haliburton, Bush lied, people died....etc, etc, etc"

Old 10-05-2008, 07:06 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Bet she can. She is not the stupid person you people try to tell us she is.

She is Governor of Alaska, afterall, and she didn't get their for being stupid.

Is this all you people ever have, to call someone "stupid" that you disagree with? You can't come up with a rational argument, so you simply say that they are stupid.

"Bush is stupid, Cheney is stupid, Palin is stupid, Republicans are stupid. Haliburton, Haliburton, Haliburton, Bush lied, people died....etc, etc, etc"
Hmmm ... but yet you couldn't come up with an answer to my post either.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:19 AM

4 posts, read 7,580 times
Default You can hate more it is all you have

You people seem to have nothing but hate to drive you. I always wonder this is hate for others or self. I believe that your hate of yourself and your own life that drives this intolerance of others.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:21 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by partime View Post
You people seem to have nothing but hate to drive you. I always wonder if it hate for others or self. I am sure that your hate of yourself and you own life that drives this intolerance of others.
And it's just wine and roses in your world isn't it??? If people showing their emotions during the vital election cycle scares or makes you mad, then just turn the other way, or don't open these threads. I mean, the word "hate" appears in the title. If you don't like it, then report it.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:29 AM

2,275 posts, read 6,308,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
But you people act like Obama and his buddy Bill Ayers will impose a communist-Muslim-abortionist theocracy with no trouble if he gets elected.
Oh, PLEASE! That is such a load of lies.

From CNN:

Quote:
Palin cited an article in Saturday's New York Times about Obama's relationship with Ayers, now 63. But that article concluded that "the two men do not appear to have been close. Nor has Mr. Obama ever expressed sympathy for the radical views and actions of Mr. Ayers, whom he has called 'somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago, when I was 8.' "

Several other publications, including the Washington Post, Time magazine, the Chicago Sun-Times, The New Yorker and The New Republic, have debunked the idea that Obama and Ayers had a close relationship.

With Obama rising in polls while the country struggles in the grip of a financial crisis, Sen. John McCain's presidential campaign decided to shift attention away from the troubled economy and onto issues of his opponent's character, judgment and personal associations, the Washington Post reported.

"We're going to get a little tougher," a senior Republican operative said, requesting anonymity because he wasn't authorized to discuss strategy. "We've got to question this guy's associations. Very soon. There's no question that we have to change the subject here."
What absolutely sickens me is the fact that they're spending so much time and money spreading outright LIES against their opponent, rather than talking about what they will do to correct the problems we face. It also sickens me when people perpetuate what has been proven to be a LIE.

If you're going to oppose someone, fine. Just don't do so by spreading lies.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:32 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Hmmm, she's all for the death penalty for a repeat child rapist (I am too) yet should that child (some girls start menstruation at age 9 or 10) become pregnant by that same rapist, she would prohibit that child the right to an abortion; she would condemn that child to 9 months of carrying the product of that rape; she would allow that child to go through the pain of child birth; she's disgusting!!

Don't worry, she'll work hard to 'Pray Away the Gay' and cast out the witches so FantasyLand will be a happy place and bluebirds will sing forever

Old 10-05-2008, 07:33 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,733,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Hmmm, she's all for the death penalty for a repeat child rapist (I am too) yet should that child (some girls start menstruation at age 9 or 10) become pregnant by that same rapist, she would prohibit that child the right to an abortion; she would condemn that child to 9 months of carrying the product of that rape; she would allow that child to go through the pain of child birth; she's disgusting!!
I use to work with a guy who's been married to the same women for 35 years. You've never seen two people that make a better match. And she was a product of rape.

Now a 9 or ten year old, that's different.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:33 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,147,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_F View Post
Oh, PLEASE! That is such a load of lies.

From CNN:

What absolutely sickens me is the fact that they're spending so much time and money spreading outright LIES against their opponent, rather than talking about what they will do to correct the problems we face. It also sickens me when people perpetuate what has been proven to be a LIE.

If you're going to oppose someone, fine. Just don't do so by spreading lies.
At least Sarah or one of her handlers actually read the New York Times article. Oh wait, they didn't read all of it or they would have not used it for this allegation. Or did they read it all and decide to mislead voters? Or did they only read the headline? All of this is disturbing.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:38 AM

2,275 posts, read 6,308,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
I use to work with a guy who's been married to the same women for 35 years. You've never seen two people that make a better match. And she was a product of rape.

Now a 9 or ten year old, that's different.
No one is saying that bearing a child conceived by rape is a bad thing. I have a friend with twins who are a product of rape. However, no one, no matter how young or old, should be forced to go through this.

The fact that she advocates denying a rape victim's choice is deeply disturbing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections