Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 01:49 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
If you really think Obama is a terrorist, wouldn't you be more afraid of what he might do if he loses? If he wins, we have a terrorist running our country. What better way to deal with terrorists than with a terrorist? Oh, my bad, W has been performing terrorist acts during his presidency, and hasn't done such a bang up job.
Unbelievable. The things people will tell themselves to justify absurdity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 01:51 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,726,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
What's absurd, is guilt by association, however tenuous.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:53 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
What's absurd, is guilt by association, however tenuous.
What ever happened to you are known by the company you keep?

Old 10-06-2008, 01:54 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
and they are, as he says, unfortunate acquaintances, the fact remains--and people need to start taking this seriously--it still shows ONE INDISPUTABLE FACT--It shows poor--questionable at best--judgment. That's nothing to dis.
Because you chose ahead of time every person you were going to meet in your lifetime, every co-worker, every person who lived in your neighborhood when you moved in, every person who moved into the neighborhood after you. You exercised your judgment in extensively researching every lawyer you ever employed, every doctor you ever visited, and made your choices accordingly.

Life happens. We have all met people we would rather not have. Shoot, most of us have dated people we wished we'd never met. Obama has met influential people during his political career. Some of them weren't very nice people. I'd call them unfortunate acquaintances if it were me. I'd call them unfortunate acquaintances if it were you. Why do you think it has to mean more?

Old 10-06-2008, 01:58 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,882,004 times
Quote:
and they are, as he says, unfortunate acquaintances, the fact remains--and people need to start taking this seriously--it still shows ONE INDISPUTABLE FACT--It shows poor--questionable at best--judgment. That's nothing to dis.
Only ONE candidate has been officially reprimanded by congress specifically for "Bad Judgment". It was McCain, during the last financial meltdown.

So yeah, it's pretty easy to dis guilt by association. Suggesting Obama has bad judgment makes about as much sense as claiming Palin is a communist because of her proximity to Russia.

Don't become a pawn in the "kitchen sink" game; try an issue related argument, and see how far that gets you.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:07 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,726,338 times
Quote:
What ever happened to you are known by the company you keep?
Fine then, but look at the company McCain has kept in the past. Not pretty.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:55 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
That's my reaction to the stupid "Obama is a terrorist" posts.

Ken

Old 10-06-2008, 04:57 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Suggesting Obama has bad judgment makes about as much sense as claiming Palin is a communist because of her proximity to Russia.
Hit the nail on the head.
I'd rep you if I could.

Ken

Old 10-06-2008, 04:59 PM

493 posts, read 717,565 times
No, it shows the diversity of views in this country and fact of the matter that NO everyone does not LOVE the government! That's basically what these radicals are against, the government!

Obama sees the diverse problems, views, wants to fix it, while Repubs choose to remain in la la land and act like the country is perfect ladee dah!

Obama, with his community organizing roots has been in the areas where the government is seen as demonic. He wants to fix it, I think because of this other (unspoken about) side that he's been witness to!

You have to know the root of the problem if you want to come up with solutions. McCain has not a clue about REAL AMERICA! The America that is diverse and in pain...

Old 10-06-2008, 05:11 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Quote:
That argument's getting rather tired. It's going to take more than that for me. Apply critical thinking then get back to me.
Critical thinking? Please. Your post is nothing but fear-bait. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections