Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is "forcing service" and "taking money" good ideas??
No. That is Fascism. Government should NOT force or take anything (taxes/drafting). 4 100.00%
Yes. Government should force people to service and take money in taxes as pleases. 0 0%
Other. 0 0%
Don't know / not sure. 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 02:18 PM

881 posts, read 1,589,324 times

Advertisements

The Obama-Biden mantra: government can TAKE, FORCE.

I hear Biden say he will TAKE money out of people's accounts. Biden says people "have too much" and they don't need all that. See:
YouTube - Re: Joe Biden: Paying Higher Taxes Is Patriotic (Again!) - the word here is "TAKE MONEY" (by force).

Then I hear Obama say he will FORCE kids into "national service" academies". See:
YouTube - obama at the forum for national service

1. What/who gives Biden the right to decide what "people need"??? Who has made Biden the arbitrator as to what people "need"??

So does that mean that Biden can decide "hey you don't NEED to have your home at 70 degrees in winter; turn it down to 60 degrees. You there, you don't need to make $30,000/year - give $5,000 to someone making $20,000"???

2. Who gave Obama the right to FORCE children into some kind of mandated service???

How is forcing people, "service"??? Service is voluntary. Forcing people to "Serve" is called SLAVERY. And last time I checked, America had a Civil War over it. And "forced service" was abolished. But maybe Obama wants it back...???

I keep hearing "take money", I hear "force people". Is this what the Obama Freedom is all about???

Is Obama-Biden setting up the people to government totalitarianism????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 02:32 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,995,916 times
Yes--that's exactly what they'd LIKE to do---it's the Robin Hood syndrome--take from the "rich" (and I use that term loosely) and give to the poor. Never works.
However, it's really not up to them--it's up to Congress--THEY are the one's who pass our laws.
Personally, I think term-limits for all members of Congress are long over-due. These "career polititians" have sold our soul--we need some new, responsible folks to look out for us.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:39 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,494,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post

Is Obama-Biden setting up the people to government totalitarianism????
Yes. Yes that is true. You got us. We've been working at a fascist regime for decades, unbeknown to the general American populace.

First order of business: Repeal the Constitution.

Second: Outlaw baseball. And apple pies. And Rock n' Roll.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:40 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,775,391 times
Don't forget motherhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections