Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 01:53 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,062,691 times

Advertisements

Bill Ayers? Rev. Wright?

Try Todd Palin's running buddies in the Alaska Independence Party!

But it's not just the First Dude it's all his lipstick wearing pitbull of a wife who as Governor addressed AIP with a big "I uphold your party's vision of upholding the constitution of our great state." In closing her remarks Palin stated "Keep up the good work and God Bless You."

YouTube - Sarah Palin and the Alaska Independence Party. Palin addresses AIP convention

So what is the good work of AIP?

So, if Bill Ayers unrepentant statement that "they didn't do enough" to stop the war is so un-American, then where do the following statements by AIP founder and Palin Pal, Joe Vogler leave us?

"When the [federal] bureaucrats come after me, I suggest they wear red coats. They make better targets. In the federal government are the biggest liars in the United States, and I hate them with a passion. They think they own [Alaska]. There comes a time when people will choose to die with honor rather than live with dishonor. That time may be coming here. Our goal is ultimate independence by peaceful means under a minimal government fully responsive to the people. I hope we don't have to take human life, but if they go on tramping on our property rights, look out, we're ready to die."

You want to play Wright clips, hey two can play that came:

YouTube - Sarah Palin, Joe Vogler, and The Alaskan Independence Party
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 02:01 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Thanks for posting another reason to vote for Palin.. I agree, the Government is our own worst enemy.. If you doubt this, look at the current economic collapse and who caused it.. It not a market driven, its a government driven recession we are facing.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:01 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
You really don't understand what the feds have done in AK to make them so hated. Burning homesteaders' homes to force them out back in the 80's and stealing land, NPS intimidating/harassing neighbors and claiming to control/have authority over lands they don't even own on the absis that they're close to a NPS run area, feds interfering with hunting/fishing regulations, feds banning hunting/trapping/fishing in areas it was always allowed, NPS's anti-gun rules at some national parks in AK when you'd be foolish not to have one in the Alaskan wilderness, feds retaining ownership of most of the state's land and not letting any of it go (closed all the homesteading options), and to top it all off, Alaskan voters in the 50's were never allowed to vote on whether they wanted to remain a territory, become independent, or become a state, in violation of international treaties the feds signed. There's more but that's off the top of my head. The feds are well hated in Alaska for good reason. Though Palin never joined the AIP, and never came out in support of secession, she voiced support for them upholding the Constitution--very vague, perhaps, but clearly not supporting secession. I do support secession because the federal government tramples on the Constitution. Let's see, in other places than AK, they've been mass murderers (Waco, Ruby Ridge, Native Americans), pass laws infringing on rights (Patriot Act, RICO, phonetapping, machinegun ban, on and on...). Grasping at straws here with palin though...

Old 10-07-2008, 02:05 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
So when Ayers sees the U.S. government as an enemy he's a traitor, but when your average Alaskan homesteader sees the U.S. government as an enemy he's hating them for a good reason?

Old 10-07-2008, 02:06 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,495,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
So when Ayers sees the U.S. government as an enemy he's a traitor, but when your average Alaskan homesteader sees the U.S. government as an enemy he's hating them for a good reason?
No, when Ayres sets bombs he's a traitor that I sincerely HOPE gets his just reward.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:06 PM

1,302 posts, read 3,306,747 times
[quote=arctichomesteader;5589424]You really don't understand what the feds have done in AK to make them so hated. Burning homesteaders' homes to force them out back in the 80's, NPS intimidating/harassing neighbors and claiming to control/have authority over lands they don't even own on the absis that they're close to a NPS run area, feds interfering with hunting/fishing regulations, feds banning hunting/trapping/fishing in areas it was always allowed, NPS's anti-gun rules at some national parks in AK when you'd be foolish not to have one in the Alaskan wilderness, feds retaining ownership of most of the state's land and not letting any of it go (closed all the homesteading options), and to top it all off, Alaskan voters in the 50's were never allowed to vote on whether they wanted to remain a territory, become independent, or become a state, in violation of international treaties the feds signed. There's more but that's off the top of my head. The feds are well hated in Alaska for good reason. Though Palin never joined the AIP, and never came out in support of secession, she voiced support for them upholding the Constitution--very vague, perhaps, but clearly not supporting secession. I do support secession because the federal government tramples on the Constitution. Grasping at straws here with palin though...[/quote]

If that is grasping at straws regarding Palin, then you should say the same regarding the Ayers BS. If an Obama defender made your same remarks regarding how she never joined the AIP, and never came out in support of secession, but yet addressed their convention this year with support...you would laugh them off the boards. And I would agree, which is why the Ayers thing, and the AIP flap are both stupid. As for validating the feelings of the AIP, you could easily spin Rev. Wright's remarks to be in response to years of racism and Ayers was protesting the Vietnam War...

Again, both pieces of mud-slinging are silly, but there is little perspective from the GOP-side regarding painting Palin with the same silly brush. Can't pick and choose...

Old 10-07-2008, 02:07 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
The AIP isn't bombing and killing innocent people, they're seeking a solution via peaceful means. The definition of treason is in the Constitution, the AIP isn't guilty of it, Ayers appears to be though.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:08 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Thanks for pointing out that there is a HUGE difference between talking about fighting with your government, and bombing it with the intent to kill..

oh wait, you didnt see the difference.. maybe I helped point it out..

8,882 posts, read 19,854,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thanks for posting another reason to vote for Palin.. I agree, the Government is our own worst enemy.. If you doubt this, look at the current economic collapse and who caused it.. It not a market driven, its a government driven recession we are facing.
Why do you hate this country so much? I'm hope you're not thinking of burning a flag.

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
No, when Ayres sets bombs he's a traitor that I sincerely HOPE gets his just reward.
Ayers never killed anyone. What is the difference between his protesting against the government, violently, and these homesteaders threatening to kill members of the federal government? Can you answer that question reasonably or logically? I don't think you can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections