Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2008, 07:49 PM

72 posts, read 228,801 times

Advertisements

aaahh I figured out what ticket I am voting for. See every election I see all the houses with their yardsigns out for the tickets. Most of them are for the major candidates, but I respect the home that promotes the scrappy underdog. I was out walking earlier and saw alot of both "McCain/Palin" and "Obama/Biden" yardsigns. But then I saw it. There was a house with a Mccain sign and two doors down there was a sign for Obama. But bravely standing in between them was a house with a yard sign for the Coldwell/Banker ticket! It was beautiful: Blue on top and white on the bottom and had the ticket's 800 telephone number on it. I was so impressed when I got home I searched the internet to see if I could learn more about their campaign.
Sure enough, they have a website coldwellbanker.com and it is quite impressive for a independant ticket. They seem to have organizations in all 50 states and it is all so cheery. I like optimistic, cheerful candidates and the ticket of Colbert Coldwell and Art Banker seem to be the one I have been searching for. Much of their website talked of upbeat things like "helping you achieve your dreams" and "We can make coming home easy". It even had a picture of a cute dog on it. So it seems they have good family values.
The only thing I didn't like was they seemed to brag about all the homes they own all across the country. They kept showing pictures of them while I was reading of their policy positions. Oh well, if it didn't hurt John Mccain to not know how many houses he owns, it shouldn't hurt these guys either. At least they seem to know how many they have.
I thought they might be a little weak on foreign policy, but then I saw a tab on their website called Coldwell Banker International and it listed all the countries they have visited. It seems to be more than Palin or even Obama have been to. So I think they have sufficient foreign policy credentials.
They also had videos on their website to learn more about important issues facing our country like ""state of the market" where they must talk of economic policies and "Insulating your attic", which must outline their energy policy and plans to get off foreign oil.
That does it - I found my candidates. I am a little angry though that they didn't get to participate in any of the debates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 07:55 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,386,209 times
Lol! :d

Old 11-02-2008, 07:56 PM

425 posts, read 665,698 times
Hilarious! Thanks...

Old 11-02-2008, 07:59 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,608,903 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections