Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 09:25 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,850,710 times

Advertisements

"Chief Executive Magazine"; sounds like an ego magazine for the "CEO"s of every "Mary Sue Jones Avon Products" and "Billy Bobs Mortgages and Storm Door Installers". This might be a useful poll if we knew the market capitalization, number of employees and net income of the "corporations" that these titans of industry oversee.

I've started, operated and sold 4 business in my life, not counting the one I still operate. I've NEVER called myself a CEO, or any other fancy title, nor have I ever heard of this magazine.

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 09:25 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
Good!! I want people like the CEO's of AIG, Bear-Stearns, Merril Lynch, and others to have some fear. Maybe that will help them clean up their acts.
Actually AIG gets their acts cleaned at $440,000 weekend retreats for executives after an $85 billion bailout and another $37.5 billion from NY Reserve. Must be nice

Old 10-09-2008, 09:27 AM

1,722 posts, read 2,556,626 times
Um.....I mean the handouts that Georgie Dumbya's been giving them for the last eight years. Why don't you "try again"?

Old 10-09-2008, 09:28 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,043,676 times
Was this thread meant to reflect poorly on Obama?

Maybe the OP doesn't realize that the vast majority of Americans are going to think this is a really good thing in light of what has been happening in the economy over the past few months. Over a trillion taxpayer dollars in bailouts to these CEO's so they can collect their huge salaries and bonuses. People want these CEO's to be held accountable.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:28 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
They aren't hiring them now and Obama isn't even President yet. Doh!
CEO's plan their hiring and layoffs a year ahead of time, do you have any experience in budgets?

Old 10-09-2008, 09:29 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Job Creators Prefer John McCain 4-to-1 Over Barack Obama

Chief Executive magazine’s most recent polling of 751 CEOs shows that GOP presidential candidate John McCain is the preferred choice for CEOs. According to the poll, which is featured on the cover of Chief Executive’s most recent issue, by a four-to-one margin, CEOs support Senator John McCain over Senator Barack Obama. Moreover, 74 percent of the executives say they fear that an Obama presidency would be disastrous for the country.

Job Creators Prefer John McCain 4-to-1 Over Barack Obama | Articles | Chief Executive - The magazine for the Chief Executive Officer
That's pretty comical, since Obama has great economic advisors and many of the world's best financial minds want to be in his cabinet. They all say he listens, he learns, he wants to know, and he's keeping abreast of the situation as it unfolds so he'll be read to go if he's elected.

McCain has that hypehenated guy and Phil Gramm, the poster boy for the orgy of deregulation that got us into this mess.

The author doesnt tell us the date of these polls - and they seem to be outdated given some of the quotes. Obama has said several times many of the things he'd like to implement wont be possible for awhile, for example.

I think that's the problem - they have a bad editor over there, who runs outdated stories.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:32 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mappy View Post
Um.....I mean the handouts that Georgie Dumbya's been giving them for the last eight years. Why don't you "try again"?
Please list some "handouts" by Bush... Last I checked, corporations pay more taxes now then when Bush entered office..

http://cdn.factcheck.org/imagefiles/federal%20revenue%20bar%20chart(1).jpg (broken link)

Old 10-09-2008, 09:32 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,661,482 times
Here is a list of CEOs that aren't afraid of him

List of Barack Obama presidential campaign endorsements, 2008 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-09-2008, 09:33 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,043,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Please list some "handouts" by Bush... Last I checked, corporations pay more taxes now then when Bush entered office..
And your generic chart with no details proves what?

Old 10-09-2008, 09:34 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,661,482 times
Oh and look at how short the list is for McCain

List of John McCain presidential campaign endorsements - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections