Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2008, 12:47 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Twelve days before Monegan was fired, Palin had been reprimanded by him for conducting State business while riding in a truck holding Trig on her lap rather than in a proper car seat.
This forum is the first I've heard of this,can someone verify/disprove this please?

As far as Palin having her baby with her,I think she is damned if she does,damned if she doesn't, honestly. I *personally* don't buy the breastfeeding thing,as when I was breastfeeding,I was as mellow & happy as can be,& her crazy rants & vindictive attitude sure don't appear to be the demeanor of a loving breastfeeding mother. Plus,she looks too flat-chested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 12:48 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,948,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
If she was someone who you wanted in office you would be saying look how good of a mom she is she takes her kids everywhere!
Like many mom have to do everyday in the real world....
Nope. You are wrong. I don't like Palin. That I'm sure is abundantly clear. But I detest parents parading their kids around for show.

If you give a speech for work, would you have your kids up on stage with you during your presentation and hold your baby up at the end for all to see? It's unprofessional and really appears to be blatant pandering. I can't see how it is in the kids best interest at all.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:53 AM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Well, I'm afraid of her...afraid of this empty-headed, power crazy, spineless, ignorant, illiterate, goof ball getting into OUR White House!!!!!
That should scare the crap out of anybody!
That's silly. Don't you believe that others may be just as scared about Obama as you are about Palin? But why should anybody be scared of whoever gets into "our" the White House, Oral Office, or whatever?

Besides, some of you believe that MacCain already lost. I would not lose any sleep over Palin, regardless.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:58 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
This forum is the first I've heard of this,can someone verify/disprove this please?
Quote:
On the car seat, Monegan sent an e-mail to the governor on June 30, 12 days before he lost his job, that said: "Via a soon-to-be-retiring legislator, we received a complaint that had you driving with Trig not in an approved car seat; if this is so that would be awkward in many ways."

The governor fired back from her private e-mail account: "I've never driven Trig anywhere without a new, approved car seat. I want to know who said otherwise -- pls provide me that info now."

Todd Palin, in his sworn statement, said this was a "false rumor," and that the governor was a passenger in a truck, "on a private farm road without traffic at low speed."

Todd Palin campaigned years to get trooper fired: Alaska News | adn.com

Old 10-13-2008, 01:00 AM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
Nope. You are wrong. I don't like Palin. That I'm sure is abundantly clear. But I detest parents parading their kids around for show.

If you give a speech for work, would you have your kids up on stage with you during your presentation and hold your baby up at the end for all to see? It's unprofessional and really appears to be blatant pandering. I can't see how it is in the kids best interest at all.
Think about this: this is a free country, and you have the right to feel the way you do. However, what you "see" as wrong may be seen as right by another person. A lot of people may not like Palin having her baby with her, but a lot of others don't see things the way you do.

To me, it makes no difference.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:00 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
More on the car seat issue.

Quote:

WASILLA, Alaska -- One Friday in June, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin joined the chief of the state prison system on a tour of the Point MacKenzie Correctional Farm, a 90-minute drive north of Anchorage. It was a routine visit but for the presence of the governor's infant son, Trig.

Palin held her baby in her arms as the warden drove a short distance around the facility, said corrections director Joe Schmidt, who sat next to Palin. A few days later, the governor got a warning from her public safety commissioner that someone had complained that she did not strap Trig into a car seat for the ride.

Palin dismissed the complaint as petty, and the commissioner, whom she appointed, took no formal action. But the incident shows the degree to which family and politics are bound together in Palin's career

Palin's Family Has Always Held a Place in Her Politics - washingtonpost.com

Old 10-13-2008, 01:11 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Twelve days before Monegan was fired, Palin had been reprimanded by him for conducting State business while riding in a truck holding Trig on her lap rather than in a proper car seat.
She's a narcissist who feels she is above the law. Honestly, I try to be fair, but even if I were voting for McCain and absolutely loved Palin, the way she drags her baby around would still disturb me. I was first concerned about the baby during the very noisy RNC and hoped she put plugs in his ears. However, after the VP debate, I was really surprised to see Trig, since it was so late. Palin called everyone on stage and it was very obvious that Trig was asleep. (Did anyone else notice that?) She then started to pat him on the back as if she had just fed him. To me it was as if to say "See, I'm really a good mother." He woke up and she handed Trig to the little girl who almost dropped him. His head went back, so she wasn't holding him properly, but she's only 7, isn't she? I just don't get it. It was close to 11:00. Why wasn't both the little girl and the baby in bed?

I realize these are her children and it's none of my business, but if I saw a neighbor treating her children this way, I probably would speak up. I know I'm going to get criticized for this comment, but I really did shriek when I saw Piper nearly trip down the stairs with the baby.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:51 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,206,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
How would you know?

What's wrong? Afraid the visuals of her lovely family are a detriment to the democrats?

For the record, lovely families come in all shapes and sizes and from all political affiliations. I have more children than Palin, and God forbid, I'm a Democrat. The right-wing scumbags who equate "family" with the Republican party can go jump off a rolling doughnut. The only "visual" I am equating right now right with the right-wing faction of the Republicans is that of a dangerous lynch mob. The hate that the right-wingers have bestowed upon America is sickening. The ignorance, the hate, the fear-mongering, the desire for theocracy, the reconstructionism that the right-wingers desire is dangerous to our country and I hope that people realize what is going on before it's too late.

To answer the question of the OP, the reason Palin brings her baby in the public eye is because she uses her whatever and whomever to serve Sarah Palin; that's the bottom line here.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:55 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,630,608 times
Maybe she can't ever find a decent baby-sitter!

Old 10-13-2008, 05:46 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
She's a narcissist who feels she is above the law. Honestly, I try to be fair, but even if I were voting for McCain and absolutely loved Palin, the way she drags her baby around would still disturb me. I was first concerned about the baby during the very noisy RNC and hoped she put plugs in his ears. However, after the VP debate, I was really surprised to see Trig, since it was so late. Palin called everyone on stage and it was very obvious that Trig was asleep. (Did anyone else notice that?) She then started to pat him on the back as if she had just fed him. To me it was as if to say "See, I'm really a good mother." He woke up and she handed Trig to the little girl who almost dropped him. His head went back, so she wasn't holding him properly, but she's only 7, isn't she? I just don't get it. It was close to 11:00. Why wasn't both the little girl and the baby in bed?

I realize these are her children and it's none of my business, but if I saw a neighbor treating her children this way, I probably would speak up. I know I'm going to get criticized for this comment, but I really did shriek when I saw Piper nearly trip down the stairs with the baby.
Oh please. If Palin's children DID stay home, then you would attack her THAT. It doesn't matter what she does, you guys are going to attack her. She wants her kids with her. It was totally appropriate for her children to be part of an historic event in America that involved THEIR MOTHER. Of course they should have been there, not home in bed. And I think it's admirable that she has the baby with her on the campaign trail. I don't doubt for a moment that that child is loved and cherished. You people need to mind your own business about her personal life and stick to the issues. You make yourselves look desperate and scared that Obama might actually lose because of Palin by attacking silly things that have nothing to do with the election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections