Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 01:07 PM

956 posts, read 1,235,069 times

Advertisements

It's almost impossible to keep up with all the deluded people on this thread!!! Good grief, people!!! Don't believe everything you hear! Just think for a moment and you know that there is no way in creation that 95% of the taxpayers are going to get a tax break!!! It's just not going to happen. Get a grip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I know a person who is in a homeless shelter. He used to have a great job, made great money, had a large 401k. He has always drank but was a functional alcoholic, always went to work. Then he started doing crack. Lost his job. Cashed out his 401k and spent it all on drugs. Continued drinking and doing drugs. Was being supported by relatives until they got tired of that. Got kicked out of the mobile home he was renting because he spent all his money on drugs and alcohol instead of paying rent (and before he got kicked out of the mobile home, spent a winter living in it with no gas, water or electricity because he hadn't paid those and they had been shut off). Finally ended up on the streets and now is in a shelter. HE GOT A "REFUND" THIS YEAR even though he didn't pay any taxes! Within a week that money was gone. He used it for drugs and alcohol. He gets "food stamps" or however they work that - he has a thing like a credit card that the govt (me and you) puts more money on each month so he can buy food. He "sells" it for cash for half the value of what's on there, always to someone he knows because he has to go with them and use the card since they require ID now. He doesn't want food. He wants cash for drugs/alcohol. I know him through a relative and he has asked our family if we want to "buy" his food card. Hell no.

And THIS is the kind of person Barack Obama will be "helping."

The truth is, MOST people in homeless shelters are there because of substance abuse, not because they lost their job through no fault of their own and had nowhere else to go.
I know. And so the government (you and me) become enablers.
This is not help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Link to Statistics?
Oh stop with the stupid links to statistics. What are we ... a bunch of statisticians here? Do you have any idea how much drivel I read on hear about the anointed one without a link to anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You've hit squarely upon the hypocrisy of liberals. Conservatives give more to charity than liberals, even though they earn less.

And that has been proven time and time again. Just a look at our current candidates proves that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
i came from faux News...why would anyon even listen? what a pile of muckraking idiots. I felt my IQ drop a point listening... time for a shower.
I didn't even read the rest ... you lost me with this first sentence. I do agree that your IQ dropped ... just not sure it's fair to blame a news program!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 01:23 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Many of you may not understand this being from different parts of the country and no, I'm not insulting anyone's intelligence as I find that just low and tacky, but here it is anyway...

Obama didn't think he was saying anything wrong. He has tunnel vision and sees only what he wants. He is EXACTLY like Jim McGreevey from NJ. Look what happened to NJ under him and that is precisely what will happen to the USA under Obama. It will be his way or no way and we can't have that either.
I hear people talking about how intelligent he is, but I would rather someone that surrounds themself with good people, experts in their own particular fields, than a stubborn, intelligent know it all.

Obama definitely likes girls.............and what you are describing, someone who surrounds themselves with good people, experts, etc., describes Obama exactly.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:55 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,413,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene
Where in Obama's plan does it say "profits". Post the relevant passage, please.
I don't have to post a passage- it's common knowledge that taxes are based on profits, not on gross sales. Maybe Obama needs to type slower so you can keep up.
It hasn't been but two weeks since you responded sarcastically to my correct claims that the Dems coming out claiming "fundamental agreement of principle on the bailout bill" had been reached was BS politico speak that meant absolutely nothing.

Now, you're barking up the same tree that politicians don't need their words examined closely?

You're something else. Support BO, but why do it in a naive fashion when your misguided perspective was proved wrong just days ago?

Last edited by One Thousand; 10-14-2008 at 02:09 PM..

Old 10-14-2008, 04:06 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am upset because the Bush/McCain cabal will continue to give my taxes and IRS to people that are already orders of magnitudes richer than I can ever hope to be even if I did win the lottery.

Talk about welfare abuse. The bailout is just giving the gamblers more money to risk. I will believe they need help when I see distress sales of luxury property, yachts and exotic cars. I will believe they need help when they take their kids out of private boarding schools and send them to public high school. Then I will believe they need a trillion dollars of help!

I want some of my money to help the kids of the woman abandonded by the drug ridden looser.
I'm no Bush fan, or one of McCain for that matter, but do you realize that the Republicans were screaming about Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac for years saying that there was more oversight needed on these financial institutions?

Blame Maxine Waters, Gregory Meeks, and practically the whole Democrat party for not only "not" listening to those warnings but turning it into a political ploy to gain votes from those who were unable to afford these houses.

Shame on them and shame on anyone for believing their rhetoric lock, stock, and barrel without researching the facts.

YouTube - Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis

Google the topic. There are literally dozens of video and textual FACTS regarding this issue.

And also, Obama is the 2nd highest recipient of contributions from Fannie Mae and its corrupt CEO Franklin Raines, who pocketed his loot after leaving Fannie to the tune of $90 million.

Read before you drink the koolaid people; it's an eye-opener.

What is wrong with Americans these days? Can we no longer read or even watch an informative video and realize what is going on right under their noses? We were scammed by the Democrats (for the most part) and now these very same people are criticizing the party that tried to stop this mess!

How twisted are we as a society when we don't demand these people take accountability for their actions???!!!!

Last edited by Synopsis; 10-14-2008 at 06:11 PM..

Old 10-14-2008, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
You know what I think the bigger problem here is? No one has brought it up very much, in really any threads in this forum, but I'll say it: the notion that Obama said he wanted to 'spread the wealth' around is increasingly viewed as acceptable rhetoric in this country. 20, 25 years ago, that quote could have inflicted real damage on a candidate, but it doesn't really do much damage any longer. But why? I think, the obvious answer is we have witnessed a massive demographic shift in this country over this said period of time. The origins of capitalism are rooted in England, in fact, part of the formation of Protestantism as a religion is tied into the formation of capitalism. I've posted this one other time. Our nation was founded on the philosophy of natural law, and free markets, after Mercantilism experienced its initial failings in England in the 16th century. Fast forward to today's immigration patterns specifically post-1965, when the Immigration and Nationality Act was passed. This act promulgated the migration of people from principally "Third World" nations. Translation: non-capitalistic cultures. Since this point, a seismic demographic shift has occurred, and with it, the nationwide disconnect, or identity with capitalism has been slow and corrosive. I think this simple fact is lost on a great number of people, or perhaps it isn't, because people who form such an opinion are afraid of being called names.
That's because it was a trial balloon. He floats this statement out there and sees the reaction. If it is nil, he knows that he has a clear path on this and will make it part of his platform from here on out.

These people aren't stupid, they plan.. BTW, McCain isn't much bettter IMO.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:10 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I'm no Bush fan, or one of McCain for that matter, but do you realize that the Republicans were screaming about Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac for years saying that there was more oversight needed on these financial institutions?

Blame Maxine Waters, Gregory Meeks, and practically the whole Democrat party for not only "not" listening to those warnings but turning it into a political ploy to gain votes from those who were unable to afford these houses.

Shame on them and shame on anyone for believing their rhetoric lock, stock, and barrel without researching the facts.

YouTube - Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis

Google the topic. There are literally dozens of video and textual FACTS regarding this issue.

And also, Obama is the 2nd highest recipient of contributions from Fannie Mae and its corrupt CEO Franklin Raines, who pocketed his loot after leaving Fannie to the tune of $90 million.

Thank you for this post.......

Old 10-14-2008, 04:13 PM

224 posts, read 378,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post

Good Post!!

I can't believe how so many dems are allowing their blind lust to cloud their judgment and let so many important FACTS like this stay hidden in the shadows.

I even heard that moron Barney Frank TODAY claim that he warned against this crisis and did everything he could to blow the whistle.

PEOPLE, YOU ARE BEING DECEIVED... WAKE UP!!!!!

Old 10-14-2008, 04:19 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
If he insists on picking our pockets to pass the wealth around, we may just have to do some passing around of our own. That is, passing the ammo.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1878 View Post
Good Post!!

I can't believe how so many dems are allowing their blind lust to cloud their judgment and let so many important FACTS like this stay hidden in the shadows.

I even heard that moron Barney Frank TODAY claim that he warned against this crisis and did everything he could to blow the whistle.

PEOPLE, YOU ARE BEING DECEIVED... WAKE UP!!!!!

Yes, it's amazing the gaul of Barney Frank. However, he and most of the others who are complicit in this crisis just act as if their past statements are irrelevant.

I'm not a koolaid drinking Republican, in fact, I'm not a Republican (Independent), but goodness people...

Are you so clouded by your bias that you cannot admit that this could have been avoided if the Democrats didn't block all of these oversight attempts?

Old 10-14-2008, 05:02 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,495,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Obama definitely likes girls.............and what you are describing, someone who surrounds themselves with good people, experts, etc., describes Obama exactly.
He may or he may not I don't care but judging from the freak he married Id say he isn't particular. Better he than me, even ugly man women like his need lovin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections