Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 07:28 AM

820 posts, read 1,203,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Obama is not going to take away your guns, no matter what Field and Stream says.

"Barack Obama believes the Second Amendment creates an individual right, and he respects the constitutional rights of Americans to bear arms. He will protect the rights of hunters and other law-abiding Americans to purchase, own, transport, and use guns." - factcheck.org
Talk is cheap.
His voting record marks him as a prohibitionist.

Expect gun-grabber judge appointments and gun-grabber executive orders , including import restrictions , if Mr. Obama is elected.
ATFE will do another turn-around , back to harrassment like during the Clinton reign.

But , the smoke and mirrors show just how radioactive the gun prohibition issue has become. Hence the steath approach.
Gun Ban Barack Obama

He has not won , yet.

Colin Powell has not spoken , yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 07:56 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,930 times
Well, that was easy! You can tell a lot about a man on how he views gun control and how he votes on that issue.

Obama:

• Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok. (Feb 2008)
  • Concealed carry OK for retired police officers. (Aug 2007)
  • Keep guns out of inner cities--but also problem of morality. (Oct 2006)
  • Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998)
  • Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)
McCain:

• Prosecute criminals, not citizens for gun ownership. (Sep 2007)
  • Don't hold gun manufacturers liable for crimes. (Sep 2007)
  • Guns are a problem, but so are violent web sites & videos. (Aug 1999)
  • Punish criminals who abuse 2nd Amendment rights. (May 1999)
  • Repeal existing gun restrictions; penalize criminal use. (Jul 1998)
OnTheIssues.org - Candidates on the Issues

If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:17 AM

570 posts, read 1,583,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_in_NC View Post
Though I believe Obama will ban assault rifles, bayonet lugs, and high-cap mags, I agree with you that gun confiscation in the US would prove impossible.

I'd bet 1 in 5 would go down with a fight, so they'd have to approach every single gun owning house n America with a SWAT team. That would cost a little more than anyone can afford right now.
They would not wast their time with the SWAT team. martial law would be declared and they would use the military.
Obama is a lyre, He is a far life Dem. Commy. That cant win without cheating and voter fraud. Don't believe anything it says.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:17 PM

78 posts, read 125,363 times
IIRC, the original context on barackobama.com said CCW was to be OK for ex-military AND retired police officers.
WTH happened to the ex-military part??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Obama:
  • Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok. (Feb 2008)
  • Concealed carry OK for retired police officers. (Aug 2007)
  • Keep guns out of inner cities--but also problem of morality. (Oct 2006)
  • Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998)
  • Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)

Old 10-17-2008, 02:30 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adysmom View Post
Obama consistently votes AGAINST our gun rights. Please see www.GunBanObama.com for more information. This was a full page ad taken out by NRA in my Field & Stream and I wanted to spread the word a little farther than Field & Stream is reaching. I know that not every gun owner has a subscription to Field & Stream.
We can take it out of your dead hands, if you prefer.

Ask David Koresh. Oh, right, you can't.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:37 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,247,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaurmyst View Post
Hear what one of the richest men in the world have to say about how he pays 17% in taxes while his cleaning lady and secretary have to pay 30% in taxes. Can someone please riddle me why that is okay?

Buffett blasts system that lets him pay less tax than secretary
Nothing is stopping him from paying more taxes. He can write a check for more taxes if he wants! Anyone can. He pays 17% because he employs tax lawyers and shelters his money overseas. Even if the rich man tax happened, they still would not pay. Duh.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:57 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_in_NC View Post
ex-military AND retired police officers.
WTH happened to the ex-military part??????
there has been a decision out of the department of defense that PTSD for the troops coming home from Iraqconstitutes a mental illness now and that is a disqualifier from purchasing or possessing a firearm................That is being fought in the house and senate as far as I now know//////////////

Old 10-17-2008, 10:08 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,187,726 times
Everyone believes in some level of gun control. Otherwise, kids would bring pistols to school in lunchboxes.

Obama had it right. Just mention the term "gun control" and the NRA unleashes its dogs on you. Obama is no threat to gun owners.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:09 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,032,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adysmom View Post
Some would go door to door to collect them if they could get away with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
It will never happen. Plus, I think some of the "collectors" going door to door would find trouble in alot of places.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
Until martial law is declared, which the president can do at any time, for anything he see's fit......then it will be more than just the SWAT team coming to visit you, to take your gun.....
As it has already been pointed out, they would have to send a SWAT team to every gun-owning home in America.
And I am betting ( especially down here in my neck of the woods and other Southern states) that the people would make those SWAT teams very leery of knocking on our doors.

Also, many guns arent registered simply because they have been passed down from family to family. But those same guns are often kept in good working condition.

People get very, very creative when defending their homes.

Old 10-18-2008, 03:48 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
As it has already been pointed out, they would have to send a SWAT team to every gun-owning home in America.
And I am betting ( especially down here in my neck of the woods and other Southern states) that the people would make those SWAT teams very leery of knocking on our doors.

Also, many guns arent registered simply because they have been passed down from family to family. But those same guns are often kept in good working condition.

People get very, very creative when defending their homes.
Do you have tanks? Mortars? Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections