Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 01:52 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,929,382 times

Advertisements

Obama Fact Sheet

Fact: Obama has promised amnesty for all 12 million illegal aliens in the U.S. Granting amnesty absolves illegal aliens of violating federal law by entering the U.S. illegally. Once granted, the aliens are eligible for citizenship and the full benefits of citizenship.

Obama promises amnesty for illegal immigrants - [domain blocked due to spam]

Fact: When asked about the fact that illegal immigrants don't speak English, Obama said the solution was for American kids to learn Spanish. "Instead of worrying about whether immigrants can learn English, they will learn English. You need to make sure your child can speak Spanish." (Obama himself cannot speak Spanish.)

YouTube - Barack Obama: Your Children Should Learn To Speak Spanish

Fact: Obama voted "No" on making English the official language of the United States government. A full 91 percent of the people in America want English as an official language, and 76 percent of Hispanics believe English should be the official language.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d110:SP1151:

Fact: Obama voted "Yes" on allowing illegal immigrants to participate in Social Security. Obama voted to kill an amendment that would "reduce document fraud, prevent identity theft, and preserve the integrity of the Social Security system, by ensuring that persons who receive an adjustment of status under this bill are not able to receive Social Security benefits as a result of unlawful activity."

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

Fact: Obama wants healthcare for illegal immigrants. When Obama was asked, "Does your healthcare plan cover the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants?" He answered that his health plan will cover all of America's 47 million uninsured, but that figure includes approximately 12 million illegal aliens. Obama said, "When we've got millions of citizens that aren't yet covered, it's important for us to make sure that they are provided coverage."

[Democratic Presidential Debate sponsored by CNN and the Congressional Black Caucus Institute on Jan. 21, 2008] Fact: Obama supports giving illegal immigrants a driver's license.

Obama was asked, "In the absence of comprehensive immigration reform, do you support driver's licenses for illegal immigrants?" To which he responded, "Yes. I am going to be fighting for comprehensive immigration reform, and we shouldn't pose the question that, somehow, we can't achieve that. The American people desperately want it; that's what I'm going to be fighting for as president."

[Democratic Primary Debate in Las Vegas, Nev., Nov.15, 2007] Fact: Obama wants all states to give illegals in-state tuition at state and community colleges.

Obama Urges Governor to OK College Tuition for Illegal Immigrants - [domain blocked due to spam]

Fact: Obama opposed punishing "sanctuary" cities that violate federal law by harboring illegals. He voted "Yes" to kill an amendment that ensured that federal assistance does not go to sanctuary cities that ignore the immigration laws of the United States and create safe havens for illegal aliens and potential terrorists. Those who voted "No" stated, "Are we going to give folks in sanctuary cities amnesty for defying federal law and refusing to cooperate with federal immigration officials?"

Senate Votes on 08-S069

Fact: Obama supported The Dream Act for children of illegal immigrants. The Dream Act is a piece of proposed federal legislation in the United States that would provide achieving illegal immigrant high school students the opportunity to obtain permanent residency.

[Democratic Debate Jan. 31, 2008] Fact: Obama co-sponsored a bill to provide funding for social services for illegal aliens.

Public Notes on 06-SP4072

Fact: Obama receives an 8 percent rating from USBC (The U.S. Border Control). The USBC was founded in 1988, and is a non-profit, tax- exempt, citizen's lobby to protect the border and deter illegal immigration.

U.S. Border Control Home Page: the right place for stopping illegal immigration and drug smuggling, reforming our border and immigration policies, and restructuring the INS

Fact: Barack Obama blames a rise in hate crimes against Hispanics on Lou Dobbs and Rush Limbaugh. He stated at a Palm Beach fundraiser, "A certain segment has basically been feeding a kind of xenophobia.

"There's a reason why hate crimes against Hispanic people doubled last year. If you have people like Lou Dobbs and Rush Limbaugh ginning things up, it's not surprising that would happen." (According to The Washington Post fact checker, Obama's "hate crimes statistics are wildly inaccurate — and a subsequent modified claim provided by his campaign was also off the mark.")

Fact: Obama is against raids on illegal immigration. Obama's plan?
"Improve Our Immigration System: We must fix the dysfunctional immigration bureaucracy and increase the number of legal immigrants to keep families together and meet the demand for jobs that employers cannot fill."

["The Blueprint for Change: Barack Obama's Plan for America," Pages
38-39] The National Republican Trust - Political Action Committee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 02:13 PM

50,371 posts, read 47,120,861 times
Sure glad I'll be in that over "97K taxed to death" bracket to make this possible.

Old 11-01-2008, 04:26 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,344,517 times
yep.. his way of fixing the illegals, is to make them legal!
his way of fixing the language barrier is have Americans learn spanish.
his way of fixing the job market is to let big business hire cheap under-wage labor.
his way of fixing the thousands of illegals who drive drunk and with no license is
to just give them one without proper legal id.

his way of fixing his illegal aunt from being deported, AGAIN.. is to give her amnesty.
why not.. heck, she's already living off of American tax dollars in gov. housing. Who
cares that a REAL American family that needed help couldn't get it because obama's
illegal aunt already was there.

obama is a lying illegal loving screw real Americans piece of crap, and has no right
to even being on the ballots... what a scam artist!

Old 11-01-2008, 04:43 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,237,375 times
Awesome thread... Imagine the facts being used to paint Obama's actual image. In a nut shell screw the average americans that work hard to make ends meet. We need to treat these illegals like a prized addition.
Screw all the legal immigrants who were honest,patient and respectful of our laws and system.
Our system is broken because 20 million illegals refused to respect our laws enough to enter legally. It all makes perfect sense.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:14 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,647,292 times
Amazing how obama (as well as mccain and yes, even W) have a broad interpretation of 'American' and 'citizen' to apparently encompass everyone born somewhere on the North, Central and South American continent!
A new world order may be the dream of our politicians --- but it isn't in the best interest for the rest of us. We need to fight the treasonous bastards with every breath we have!

Old 11-01-2008, 05:29 PM

I have never before had a desire to join a seperatist group, or a militant group. I am a highly trained former spec forces sailor and when I left the service I put that all behind me. Now it is calling to me once again. I don't like the feelings I have these days and this fact sheet scares me. Combined with Obama's call for a civilian security force I am really feeling a need to join a group of like minded folks. This guy is scarey.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:35 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,647,292 times
I know what you mean. I don't feel that either candidate has Americas best interests in mind, and I don't believe W had either. I think potus has become a power/money trip for the party that wins.
I have never owned a gun in my life, but I will be buying several. I think the day is coming when gun ownership to civilians will be outlawed. I want to be grandfathered in when that day comes.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:46 AM

973 posts, read 2,230,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post

Fact: Barack Obama blames a rise in hate crimes against Hispanics on Lou Dobbs and Rush Limbaugh. He stated at a Palm Beach fundraiser, "A certain segment has basically been feeding a kind of xenophobia.

"There's a reason why hate crimes against Hispanic people doubled last year. If you have people like Lou Dobbs and Rush Limbaugh ginning things up, it's not surprising that would happen." (According to The Washington Post fact checker, Obama's "hate crimes statistics are wildly inaccurate — and a subsequent modified claim provided by his campaign was also off the mark.")
This statement is a joke and is just another example of Obama using names of those he doesn't agree with for slander even if they aren't factual. Lou Dobbs isn't racist - his wife is a Mexican-American! He's just anti-ILLEGAL immigration!

Old 11-02-2008, 01:49 AM

973 posts, read 2,230,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I have never owned a gun in my life, but I will be buying several. I think the day is coming when gun ownership to civilians will be outlawed. I want to be grandfathered in when that day comes.
Look up the AWB of 1994 restrictions. Buy the firearms that fit into those restrictions, since Obama will attempt to bring it back in a stronger form if he's elected. The AWB of 1994 did absolutely NOTHING to reduce crime, because gangs don't wander the streets with gigantic rifles like the AK47's that Obama stated at the DNC.

I don't own any firearms that fall in the AWB of 1994 restrictions, but if Obama wins on Nov.4th, you bet I will purchase quite a few that week. Those firearms more than tripled in price just two years after they were no longer manufactured - a better investment that just about anything these days.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:40 AM

I just purchased the Saiga 12. This is a weapon Obama will definetly outlaw. Its also a weapon no criminal breaking into my home would survive from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections