Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 02:42 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times

Advertisements

Daniel 2:21 - It is He who changes the times and the epochs; He removes kings and establishes kings; He gives wisdom to wise men And knowledge to men of understanding.

God is in control. That doesn't mean the person he "likes" is the one who is going to be president; it means that he has a master plan and he puts people in positions because they are part of his plan.

I don't think Christians pray so much that McCain will win or that Obama will win, but that God's will be done...

Actually I think if Obama becomes the president we are closer to the "end times" than a lot of people think. I know a lot of you don't believe in all that, which is fine. I'm just constantly amazed at what has been said and how it is coming to pass before my eyes. I'm not going to go all evangelical Christian on you, or argue with anyone about it, or even respond to posts about it. But you asked what role I thought God plays in elections and I'm just sayin'...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 03:08 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
While I bbelieve this whole thread belongs elsewhwere let me just add:

IF there IS a god and IF he has any control or plan or opinion for anyone or anything be it a football game , a car race, or a war...then why doesn't he make things better for the earth?

What's he diddling around for?

IF you think he cares who wins then why didn't he care that we got into this mess in the first place?

I can understand believing in a god but to think he/she/it has any DIRECT influence at all is preposterous!

Old 10-19-2008, 03:34 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,278,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
While I bbelieve this whole thread belongs elsewhwere let me just add:

IF there IS a god and IF he has any control or plan or opinion for anyone or anything be it a football game , a car race, or a war...then why doesn't he make things better for the earth?

What's he diddling around for?

IF you think he cares who wins then why didn't he care that we got into this mess in the first place?

I can understand believing in a god but to think he/she/it has any DIRECT influence at all is preposterous!
I thought I had mentioned it in this thread in simple terms, but it may have been some place else. I suggested to someone to read the Bible regarding the Garden of Eden, Adam, and Eve. Here is something one can understand without having to stop and look it up.

There was a time on this earth when suffering and sorrow did not exist. When God first created man upon the earth, everything was perfect. There was no sickness, no pain, no sorrow of any kind. It was God's plan for man to live in peace and harmony never having to experience sorrow. According to Genesis chapter three, it wasn't until man chose the way of Satan, rather than the way of God, that sorrow entered the world. Man sins against God in Genesis 3:6-7, and God reveals to Adam and Eve the consequences of sin in Genesis 3:16-19. God told Adam and Eve that they would now experience SORROW and DEATH. Therefore, the suffering and sorrow that you and I face today is not the work of an unjust God; it's the consequences of sin. We suffer because we are sinners. Romans 6:23 says, "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Old 10-19-2008, 03:39 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
What role do you think God plays in elections?
close thread...

Old 10-19-2008, 03:42 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,560,640 times
depends on which god, if christian, the moderate's version or the nutjob's version? Does god want ppl to keep him private between him and his believers and that he alone shall judge them, or does god want nutjobs to spread the word using government or use his name like a weapon.

Old 10-19-2008, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
I thought I had mentioned it in this thread in simple terms, but it may have been some place else. I suggested to someone to read the Bible regarding the Garden of Eden, Adam, and Eve. Here is something one can understand without having to stop and look it up.

There was a time on this earth when suffering and sorrow did not exist. When God first created man upon the earth, everything was perfect. There was no sickness, no pain, no sorrow of any kind. It was God's plan for man to live in peace and harmony never having to experience sorrow. According to Genesis chapter three, it wasn't until man chose the way of Satan, rather than the way of God, that sorrow entered the world. Man sins against God in Genesis 3:6-7, and God reveals to Adam and Eve the consequences of sin in Genesis 3:16-19. God told Adam and Eve that they would now experience SORROW and DEATH. Therefore, the suffering and sorrow that you and I face today is not the work of an unjust God; it's the consequences of sin. We suffer because we are sinners. Romans 6:23 says, "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
So your god thinks because of what two individuals did that millions of others should suffer ....what an unfair, unjust, nasty attitude!

Still doesn't explain why he/she/it would want to influence a car race or a politcal campaign?????

Old 10-19-2008, 04:01 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,278,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So your god thinks because of what two individuals did that millions of others should suffer ....what an unfair, unjust, nasty attitude!

Still doesn't explain why he/she/it would want to influence a car race or a politcal campaign?????
Again, who cares about NASCAR; it has nothing to do with the fate of America. The political campaign does.

If you really want to know about Christianity, all I can suggest is to study the Bible or talk to someone who can explain it far better than I.

Also, please read post #71. The poster gives more insight on the subject of elections and God.

Old 10-19-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Again, who cares about NASCAR; it has nothing to do with the fate of America. The political campaign does.

If you really want to know about Christianity, all I can suggest is to study the Bible or talk to someone who can explain it far better than I.

Also, please read post #71. The poster gives more insight on the subject of elections and God.

A: People pray before NASCAR races!

B: Your god "GRADES" the importance of events or do YOU?????

C: I don't need your storybook to answer simple questions if only it's followers would.

D: Post 71? THAT is an authority on god?????

(you're in trouble)

1,577 posts, read 2,661,482 times
Quote:
Daniel 2:21 - It is He who changes the times and the epochs; He removes kings and establishes kings; He gives wisdom to wise men And knowledge to men of understanding.

God is in control. That doesn't mean the person he "likes" is the one who is going to be president; it means that he has a master plan and he puts people in positions because they are part of his plan.

I don't think Christians pray so much that McCain will win or that Obama will win, but that God's will be done...

Actually I think if Obama becomes the president we are closer to the "end times" than a lot of people think. I know a lot of you don't believe in all that, which is fine. I'm just constantly amazed at what has been said and how it is coming to pass before my eyes. I'm not going to go all evangelical Christian on you, or argue with anyone about it, or even respond to posts about it. But you asked what role I thought God plays in elections and I'm just sayin'...
While I agree with the sentiment that God has a master plan that has nothing to do with likability of the candidate, I don't think we are any closer to the end times than we were 20 years ago. Remember the third temple has yet to be built and right now there is a mosque in the way of that happening. The likelihood of Obama supporting Israel in kicking the muslims off the temple mount is a lot lower than McCain/Palin supporting that. If you believe what scripture says then you know that the abomination of desolation can not be set up in the temple if it doesn't exist yet.

Just sayin

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
gods will is always the same
life truth and love
how that plays out i don't have a clue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections