Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 07:31 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,278,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Naw, you just haven't explored the western and northern parts of the state enough! I extend an invitation for you to come visit me in West Texas! Bring the canines! They can play with mine! (unless you have chihuahuas -- my Weimaraner thinks it's her duty to chase down and retrieve chihuahuas, for some reason. LOL, I don't think she believes that they're dogs!) Seriously, West Texas is an excellent example of fiscal conservatism, progress and common sense. You'd be amazed at the number of wind farms we have here now!
I truly hope it doesn't turn blue. You know, I have a really good Texas friend who absolutely adores west Texas people and thinks they are the best in Texas.

I don't have little dogs, so yours and mine would get along very well. One is a Labrador Retriever and my other one, the Lab's daughter is part Lab and part Catahoula. That must be quite a site, retrieving Chihuahuas. If my Houla had a chance, she'd retrieve cats.

Conservatism and common sense....That's my "cup of tea," teatime. If I'm ever out your way, I might take you up on the offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 07:32 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
I've lived in Texas 30 years and don't remember it being blue back then, but I could be wrong.
The commenter is probably referring to when Ann Richards was governor. But, heck, EVERYONE got a kick out of Ann Richards! She was a hoot! Only a one-termer, though.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Right you are. I forgot to add: There's always the well-to-do and self-serving Texans, too, who will--of course--vote for McCain.
Hmm, I'm neither, but McCain is my choice. I have a well-to-do friend and she's voting Obama. There are exceptions to your "rule."

Old 10-17-2008, 07:34 PM

Quote:
The commenter is probably referring to when Ann Richards was governor. But, heck, EVERYONE got a kick out of Ann Richards! She was a hoot! Only a one-termer, though.
She was quite a hoot, but I really did not care for her at all.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:39 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Wait..wait...WAIT! Let me make sure I have this right:

If you vote Republican, you're either:

1. uneducated redneck

2. successful, rich prick who only cares about him/herself

Does that sound about right? Should I add "racist" to each category as well?
Wrong. If you vote for a neo-con, you are one of those things--almost certainly, in fact. Republicans, on the other hand, are cool: I've voted for Republicans.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:43 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Quote:
I truly hope it doesn't turn blue. You know, I have a really good Texas friend who absolutely adores west Texas people and thinks they are the best in Texas.

I don't have little dogs, so yours and mine would get along very well. One is a Labrador Retriever and my other one, the Lab's daughter is part Lab and part Catahoula. That must be quite a site, retrieving Chihuahuas. If my Houla had a chance, she'd retrieve cats.

Conservatism and common sense....That's my "cup of tea," teatime. If I'm ever out your way, I might take you up on the offer.
Y'all come! My Weimaraner would LOVE to play with other big doggies! My collie won't play with her -- he's a lazy sod, LOL. My silky terrier THINKS he's a big dog and tries to keep up with Morgan!

Seriously, if you're ever coming near the area, send me a DM.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:47 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,021,405 times
I tried to find the number of registered Dems and Reps in Tejas but no luck..
anyone have this info?

Old 10-17-2008, 07:50 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Quote:
Nope.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:01 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,147,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Texas could go Blue.

Senator McCain certainly holds it by a smaller margin than President Bush did. Do you all have early voting? When does it start?
I live in Abilene. I don't think Obama has a chance here, but he might surprise us state-wide. Nearly everyone I know at church, at work, etc. is for McCain. However, at church Wednesday night, several of us were having coffee, and about 6 friends who have always voted Republican were talking about "probably" switching to McCain. Their primary reason was because of the Palin pick for VP. I just listened. They all know I am a Democrat.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:06 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,147,347 times
Quote:
I've lived in Texas 30 years and don't remember it being blue back then, but I could be wrong.
Texas has been red for about 28 years. Prior to that, a Republican couldn't buy an office in this state. However, the Democratic party was divided into a moderate wing and a liberal wing. With the Reagan revolution, the moderate wing moved to the Republican party, and it was the larger, dominant wing of the Democratic party. We have been red ever since. To remember all those blue years, you have to be my age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections