Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2008, 11:28 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
cue the faux outrage, you guys are good at this, if it's not faux outrage at "racism" then it's this.

it's completely relavant to the discussion, you progressives can't mock JM for his age and health and then ignore BO's own family history and the fact that BO is the one who has still yet to open HIS MEDICAL RECORDS.
Regardless if it's relevant, the death of Obama's mother was a tragedy, and should be addressed with sensitivity. If you can't manage that, then I reserve the right to call you on it for your insensitivity and callousness.
And it's relevance is questionable, since it was ovarian cancer. Discussion of McCain's health and age isn't mockery. The health and resilience of Presidential candidates is a legitimate concern to voters. While complete medical histories of both candidates would be informative, their current health issues are of more relevance. Obama's age versus McCain's age is a critical aspect of comparing their current health status.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 11:33 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,563,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippingJay View Post
You just disproved your own point; Palin is not equipped to lead the country or preside of the U.S. Senate; where the average U.S. Senator has far more foreign and domestic policy experience than Palin could ever have.

Perhaps you don't value education, but Obama was able to into Columbia and Harvard on his own merit, and taught Constitutional Law at the University of Chicago; which despite how you feel are no easy feats.
Honestly, I can trust a Harvard and Columbia grad in solving our economic problems more than I can with a grad from the Naval Academy or the University of Idaho; although I mean no offense so anyone who graduated from there.

Whether or not you want to admit it, Obama has plenty of life experience from working as community organizer in the south side of Chicago; an inter-city neighborhood. As for Sarah Palin, the only life experiences she has are limited to a small town in Alaska with a population of only 6,500 people. I have no idea how she can relate to anyone in the lower 48 states.
pray do tell, does BO , with 1 1/2 years of 'experience' before he started running for leader of the free world have
a. under
b. over
the far more foreign and domestic policy experience than Palin could ever have.
can you tell me if he's even held a meeting on the committee he's on in his vast 1 1/2 years of experience?

he was no professor but a Lecurer at the University.

I'm in my mid 30's and I've payed attn. to politics and voted my whole life and I've never heard of "community organizer" as a qualification for leader of the free world. what did he do as such a community organizer? work with ACORN who's now being investigated by the feds. He gave money to ACORN, defended them in court, and was endorsed by them. HHHMMM

I have no idea how anyone can relate to a big city politician like him.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Regardless if it's relevant, the death of Obama's mother was a tragedy, and should be addressed with sensitivity. If you can't manage that, then I reserve the right to call you on it for your insensitivity and callousness.
And it's relevance is questionable, since it was ovarian cancer. Discussion of McCain's health and age isn't mockery. The health and resilience of Presidential candidates is a legitimate concern to voters. While complete medical histories of both candidates would be informative, their current health issues are of more relevance. Obama's age versus McCain's age is a critical aspect of comparing their current health status.
I sincerly thank you, along with the rest of the Obots, for answering the question of why is it that old fart mccain has released his records and young vibrant Oblahma hasn't.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
pray do tell, does BO , with 1 1/2 years of 'experience' before he started running for leader of the free world have
a. under
b. over
the far more foreign and domestic policy experience than Palin could ever have.
can you tell me if he's even held a meeting on the committee he's on in his vast 1 1/2 years of experience?

he was no professor but a Lecurer at the University.

I'm in my mid 30's and I've payed attn. to politics and voted my whole life and I've never heard of "community organizer" as a qualification for leader of the free world. what did he do as such a community organizer? work with ACORN who's now being investigated by the feds. He gave money to ACORN, defended them in court, and was endorsed by them. HHHMMM

I have no idea how anyone can relate to a big city politician like him.
how come no great, well-though-out response from the "hope and change" crowd. (because there is none)

Old 10-21-2008, 11:50 AM

still waiting obots.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:51 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
how come no great, well-though-out response from the "hope and change" crowd. (because there is none)
You are acting as your own cheerleader?????

And then you insult other posters as 'bots.

Think much?

Old 10-21-2008, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You are acting as your own cheerleader?????

And then you insult other posters as 'bots.

Think much?
no I'm asking you to think for once, he's an empty suit and you've all been seduced by the MSM. Nobody yet has answered my questions.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:57 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
no I'm asking you to think for once, he's an empty suit and you've all been seduced by the MSM. Nobody yet has answered my questions.

I'd rather an empty suit who chooses and listens to advisors wisely than a suit full of BS & Lies.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:00 PM

472 posts, read 872,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter View Post
Ain't it funny that Republican Vice Presidential candidate Palin has FAR MORE EXPERIENCE than the Democratic Presidential candidate Barrack Obama (what a name for our President)? How can anyone with an IQ over 50 possibly think that Obama is the best candidate for President of the United States? Can you say STUPID?

http://cooterquest.com/cooter.jpg (broken link)

Kooter.... where you been all these years!

Old 10-21-2008, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'd rather an empty suit who chooses and listens to advisors wisely than a suit full of BS & Lies.
you'd rather have someone who reads off a teleprompter well.

this country is heading downhill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections