Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 09:37 AM

213 posts, read 336,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Oh, so far you've thrown out hilter, liberal media, barry, hussein, and now OSAMA.

I don't believe in your silly "God".

I had an abortion.

It was a hard decision, but one of the smartest I made in my life.

I'll fight to make sure no one takes that right away from the young women of the future.
How sad for you.

2,488 posts, read 2,934,177 times
Everybody is anti-abortion. Right wing nut cases try to make it look like liberals have baby killing parties and drink their blood.

The only seperation is how to deal with it. I hate watching people try to take charge of somebody's horrible decision they have to make due to what they believe.

Christians have to figure out that not everybody believes in their God, and their beliefs can't be forced into people's lives.

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I said War of Choice, meaning ALL other possibilities have not been explored.

There is NO justification for that needless death of human beings, NOT fertilized eggs but human beings, yet so many hypocrites support it as righteous.
What do you call a 21 week old that has been aborted, has a heartbeat and is breathing? Is the 21 week old a 'fertilized egg'? Is the 21 week old a 'human being'? Or is there some other category you would put the 21 week old in?

Old 10-23-2008, 09:38 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,934,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaS1 View Post
How sad for you.
Didn't Jesus say not to judge people.

Oh, I forgot. Many Christians are hypocrits.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:39 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
That's NOT news, it's your belief, which is fine until you try to impose it on others.

It will remain a belief, not fact, until you or someone else provides scientific evidence that a fertilized egg is a human being.
Well then if it's not a human being what is it; a Cabbage Patch Kid? Mom's a human, Dad's a human, but it's not? If not why not and when does it magically become one?

355 posts, read 555,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Total lying garbage. Here's the truth, trying finding it next before posting an idiot-gram.

The true story is that the bill in the IL legislature was worded in such a way that it was nothing but an attempt to overturn Roe v Wade within that state. The bill was DOA due to its being unconstitutional. MOST of the IL legislature voted against that stupid effort by anti-abortionist.
[Mod edited]
Get the truth from the Obama website: Fight the Smears: Reckless accusations of infanticide (http://fightthesmears.com/articles/15/wildaccusations - broken link)

Excerpt: "The suggestion that Obama -- the proud father of two little girls -- and others who opposed these bills supported infanticide is deeply offensive and insulting. There is no room for these kinds of distortions and lies in this campaign. What Senator Obama’s attackers don’t tell you is that existing Illinois law already requires doctors to provide medical care in the very rare case that babies are born alive during abortions. They will not tell you that Obama voted against these laws in Illinois because they were clear attempts to undermine Roe v. Wade. They will not tell you that these laws were also opposed by pro-choice Republicans and the Illinois Medical Society -- a leading association of doctors in the state. And they will not tell you that Obama has always maintained that he would have voted for the federal version of this bill, which did not pose such a threat. The bills Senator Obama voted against in Illinois were crafted to undermine Roe v. Wade or pre-existing Illinois state law regulating reproductive healthcare and medical practice, which is why Senator Obama objected to them.""

Every time a jerk posts the "born alive" lie, they'll get this post in reply. My cut & paste buttons work fine.
Thank You

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 10-23-2008 at 09:52 AM..

4,242 posts, read 8,775,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
What do you call a 21 week old that has been aborted, has a heartbeat and is breathing? Is the 21 week old a 'fertilized egg'? Is the 21 week old a 'human being'? Or is there some other category you would put the 21 week old in?
If a 21 week old fetus is breathing, I'm going to call it a mutant.

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
I'm still waiting for Nina to tell us when we were attacked by Iraq.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:40 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,441,078 times
People tend to forget that we are all given free will. A choice to make a decision. We will have to meet our maker one day. Obama is not forcing women to have abortions.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:41 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Even if this were true, you're saying that killing millions of pre-born baby's is okay, but killing wolves is awful? Just want to be clear.
Well, I wouldn't put it in those words, but I believe that a woman should have the right to privately determine if she wishes to end a pregnancy. I think that you have very deep and passionate beliefs about this, but as strongly as you believe you are right, there are others that believe differently, and those others aren't telling you how to live your life, they are only asking that you let them live theirs.

I love babies, and I don't know when a fetus reaches that point that it becomes a baby. Science hasn't been able to tell us that, and please, please, don't start hauling out all the scientific evidence that is on your side, because there is plenty of challenge on the other side, and it just boils down to what people choose to believe.

And this is all about belief. Pro-choice isn't about advocating that people should get abortions. Pro-choice is about respecting women. It's about acknowledging that pregnancy is a personal health issue, not a public one. It acknowledges that women are competent and capable of making informed decisions about their personal health issues. It's about the fact that neither you nor any other stranger knows all the reasons why a woman seeks an abortion, nor should you dismiss her reasons as unimportant. When you dismiss those reasons, without really listening, without any real understanding, without any empathizing at all, you are really saying that your views have more weight than hers. That you are smarter than she is, better than she is, more moral than she is. Judging people from that position is not the place that wise, informed judgments come from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections