Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 04:36 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
But ya know it's ok if Oprah shills for Obama but won't invite the first woman VP candidate in 25 years on her show..
Obama was not a Presidential candidate then. He was in the primaries, if my memory serves. Oprah should have had someone from the other side on, like Ron Paul. That might have been interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 04:48 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippingJay View Post
I cannot stand Whoopi or Sherri, but their arguement was that black people had used this word as way to take away the hate behind the meaning of the word. I don't necessarily agree but I can see their reasoning.

Elisabeth however; is a upper middle-class white woman who probably has never encoutered any racism in her life and was crying over not being able to say the n word! What the hell is wrong with her that she breaks down and cries over a debate? Even Sarah freaking Palin has better composure than Elizabeth. Sarah Palin and Elizabeth deserve each other.
Elizabeth is all show. Her tears looked so fake to me.
Why would a black person, using that word, where you hear guys on the street saying it often, why would that upset her? Does she break down and cry on the street if she walks by someone that says it?
She's such a phony.

She takes pains to be extra 'nice' to 'black folk' so nobody will call her racist. The Republican Party has become a refuge for racists, religious fanatics, free-market nuts, etc. Liz says a lot that these people like to hear, so she has to keep driving the point home that she does not agree with ALL of them, especially about racism.

She seems to go overboard with that, which makes me wonder if she might be a racist - or maybe someone in her family and she just feels guilty about that.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:07 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
They should take Ann Coulter along.
LMAO.....During hurricane season would be the best time for that pack of dead heads to go too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections