Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 09:55 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
The Obama campaign paid the judge I tell you. LOL. What will the republicans think of next?
Well that was the original plan but once they realized how well the hypnosis techniques used by Obama worked, they just hypnotized him. Now, you may ask, "How could they do that when they were never in the same room?" He used the technique he learned on his home planet. That one works on millions of people no matter where they are. Over the years he has been able to hone his hypnosis skills so he can pinpoint it on just one person.

Look how well it's working on Palin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 09:55 AM

808 posts, read 1,148,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
A motion to dismiss does not stop the collection of evidence or stop a defendants need to file other legal needed documents. The motion would have been sufficent if the motion was granted prior to the default judgement period, but the dismissal wasnt until after the default date.
I'm going to humor you for a few minutes. How many days did Obama supposedly have to file the motion to dismiss? I already know the answer, but I want to see you post the truth.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:56 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
You should read before you post.

"Obama and the Democratic National Committee had asked Surrick to dismiss Berg's complaint in a court filing on Sept. 24."

Judge rejects Montco lawyer's bid to have Obama removed from ballot | Philadelphia Daily News | 10/25/2008
I did, what part of that has any bearing upon my response?
Quote:
It'll be appealed Monday morning to a higher court. The judge is wrong simply based upon ONE fact, in both civil and criminal court, failure to defend oneself is an admission of guilt.
You do understand that people can appeal rulings, even for frivilous cases, dont you?

Old 10-25-2008, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaurmyst View Post
I'm going to humor you for a few minutes. How many days did Obama supposedly have to file the motion to dismiss? I already know the answer, but I want to see you post the truth.
20 or 30 days depending upon what court the trial is in, but even though the filed the motion in time, they had until default judgment day to the judge reached a ruling or they have to be prepared with evidence, They didnt..

Old 10-25-2008, 10:01 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,146,867 times
Quote:

You do understand that people can appeal rulings, even for frivilous cases, dont you?
Sure they can. Anyone can file a suit. Anyone can file an appeal. Most likely, if the case has been ruled as frivolous, the appeal will be denied. Not always.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:04 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,793,158 times
Quote:

One, "failure to defend yourself" is not an admission of guilt.

Two, Obama, through his lawyers, defended himself by asking the judge to dismiss the case - which he did.

Of course he can appeal the ruling. Until the U.S. goes to "Loser Pays" rules, the court system will be clogged with this nonsense that we all end up paying for.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:06 AM

808 posts, read 1,148,850 times
Quote:
20 or 30 days depending upon what court the trial is in, but even though the filed the motion in time, they had until default judgment day to the judge reached a ruling or they have to be prepared with evidence, They didnt..
20 days is correct in most cases and is the minimum. The time someone gets to respond is NOT based on the day the original suit is filed. It's is based on the date the person being sued is served the papers. Obama was served on September 4th and the motion to dismiss was filed on September 24th...exactly 20 days from the date of service.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:06 AM

1,535 posts, read 2,062,691 times
Quote:
It'll be appealed Monday morning to a higher court. The judge is wrong simply based upon ONE fact, in both civil and criminal court, failure to defend oneself is an admission of guilt.
What law school did you attend Gulag U, because the above quoted concept of juripurdence isn't vaguely connected to anything that we in the United States recognize.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
One, "failure to defend yourself" is not an admission of guilt.
WRONG.

Judgement in default legal definition of Judgement in default. Judgement in default synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

Ask the number of guys paying life long child support for failure to respond.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaurmyst View Post
20 days is correct in most cases and is the minimum. The time someone gets to respond is NOT based on the day the original suit is filed. It's is based on the date the person being sued is served the papers. Obama was served on September 4th and the motion to dismiss was filed on September 24th...exactly 20 days from the date of service.
I never stated that Obama did not file the motion in time, I stated the judge did not dismiss the case in time, meaning that by the court of law, that 20th day, if not dismissed, papers from the defendant need to be filed to defend. Motion to dismiss is NOT A DEFENSE..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections