Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 07:56 AM

315 posts, read 761,371 times

Advertisements

I am gonna tell you the reall reason obama is winning and none of them have anything to do with him being a good candidate.

BLACK PRIDE
WHITE GUILT
WHITE MALE CHOVANISM/ WRONG SPELLING BUT YOU GET IT
ATTACKS AGAINST HILLARY BY THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA
OBAMA CONSTANTLY PRAISED IN THE MEDIA
OPRAH ENDORSED HIM
HILLARY LOVERS ARE LABELED AS UNEDUCATED IDIOTS

You may disagree but these are the real reason obama is winning. And you notice everytime they get ready for primaries in states with large hispanic communities hispanics are accused of voting for hillary because either she is white or they hate blacks? As if they are not able to vote on the issues. I doubt if latinos are saying let's not vote for blacks because white is better lol. They have more important issues than race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 08:16 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,526,537 times
Give it a rest. Obama is winning because millions of Democrats see him as a much more electable and likable candidate than Hillary Clinton. You are insulting millions of Democrats with your rants.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:21 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,759,196 times
Obama has great charisma. Hillary does not. Obama is seen as being "unspoiled" by DC politics, because he hasn't been there that long. Hillary is seen as being a manipulator and a coat-tailer. I have no problem with a woman running for president. I do have a problem when a candidate appears to be of sleazy character. It just happens that the sleazy one this time around is the woman.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:26 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,252,951 times
Black Pride - African Americans have a right to be proud of Barack Obama, he has fought against, and come out ahead, of a lot of the hurdles and prejudices that a large percentage of this sub-group faces, BUT I do not think that the majority of African Americans would vote for Obama just because he is a black man if they didn't believe his leadership will be best for the country.

White Guilt - HUH? That makes a lot of sense. I also believe that White voters would not vote for Barack Obama if they did not believe his policies would be best for the country.

White Male Chauvinism - Guess you think black men can't be chauvinists too? Not sure what you mean by this "fact" either. White males hate women enough not to vote for Hillary, AND feel guilty about the horrors of slavery that happened generations ago?

Attacks Against Hillary by MSM - Well, it goes both ways. These people are in the business of selling us news. If they didn't keep it going (like a soap opera) would any of us keep watching? Hillary has been a political fixture for many years (one of the reasons I will not vote for her) and she has been involved in many shady/negative scandals (another reason to not vote) and she has a lot more dirt to dig around in just by virtue of the fact that she has been in politics a long time.

Obama constantly praised in the Media - He is making a lot of news-worthy stories. His speeches are phenomenal. He draws in record crowds...from all parties and demographic groups. He has been David to Goliath from the beginning...his inching his way to the front after starting out so far behind is noteworthy. He won yesterday's primaries by landslides. The media also talks about his lack of experience etc. Like my answer above, there is just more dirt to dish on Hillary.

Oprah endorsed him - Endorsements get you a free blip on the news reports...they don't really sway voters.

Hillary-lovers are labelled as uneducated Idiots - If the shoe fits....lol Just Kidding! I think what you're talking about is another demographic breakdown by the MSM...when you look at voters who have a college degree, a higher percentage seems to be voting for Obama. I don't think they are implying that those voting for Hillary are "uneducated idiots."

Barack Obama is winning because many Americans are tired of politics as usual in Washington. He has proven that he is a hard worker and can get people to come together for the common good. He has sound policies. Hillary Clinton will not bring anything new to the White House.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Give it a rest. Obama is winning because millions of Democrats see him as a much more electable and likable candidate than Hillary Clinton. You are insulting millions of Democrats with your rants.
If obama was really more electable then he would win every state by a landslide not just by a few percentages. And if he was really more electable then the media such as cnn would feel the need to sabotage hillary's image. Nor would the confront other ethinc groups such as latinos, and asian about voting for hillary because she is white. If obama was really more electable then we should be able to conclude that ourselves instead of letting the media inlfuence us.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:31 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
I think many people don't want another clinton in the whitehouse;plain and simple.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:32 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,526,537 times
Quote:
If obama was really more electable then he would win every state by a landslide not just by a few percentages.
Don't be silly. So your definition of "electability" is winning by at least 30% in all 50 states? LOL! Keep trolling!

Old 02-13-2008, 08:36 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,547,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy1980 View Post
If obama was really more electable then he would win every state by a landslide not just by a few percentages. And if he was really more electable then the media such as cnn would feel the need to sabotage hillary's image. Nor would the confront other ethinc groups such as latinos, and asian about voting for hillary because she is white. If obama was really more electable then we should be able to conclude that ourselves instead of letting the media inlfuence us.
Hillary Clinton's "image" was cast over 16 years ago. I know-- I was a volunteer for the Bill Clinton 1992 campaign.

What were you doing 16 years ago?

Old 02-13-2008, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
Black Pride - African Americans have a right to be proud of Barack Obama, he has fought against, and come out ahead, of a lot of the hurdles and prejudices that a large percentage of this sub-group faces, BUT I do not think that the majority of African Americans would vote for Obama just because he is a black man if they didn't believe his leadership will be best for the country. Most of them don't even know where obama stands on anything and are only voting for him because they feel he can win and they are desprate for a black president. And they believe that a black president will somehoe shift the power over to them although obama becoming president will not mean anything but he is president.

White Guilt - HUH? That makes a lot of sense. I also believe that White voters would not vote for Barack Obama if they did not believe his policies would be best for the country. Yes I do believe that white people are so desperate to prove they are not racist that they will go and vote for a seemingly "nice" black man over a more qualifed white candidate.
White Male Chauvinism - Guess you think black men can't be chauvinists too? Not sure what you mean by this "fact" either. White males hate women enough not to vote for Hillary, AND feel guilty about the horrors of slavery that happened generations ago? Yes I know black men can be very chovanist and if obama was a black woman they would never vote for her over hillary. As a black woman I had to learn the hard way how much black men hate black women and fear our success. Now back to white men in case you didn't notice john edwards had been receiving the majority of white male vote but once he left they went to obama. And my feeling is white males would rather have a weaker male in power than a strong female because at leats he would still be a male and the male domination of the world power would still be in place.

Attacks Against Hillary by MSM - Well, it goes both ways. These people are in the business of selling us news. If they didn't keep it going (like a soap opera) would any of us keep watching? Hillary has been a political fixture for many years (one of the reasons I will not vote for her) and she has been involved in many shady/negative scandals (another reason to not vote) and she has a lot more dirt to dig around in just by virtue of the fact that she has been in politics a long time. I disagree this is politics and the media needs to remain bipartisan. And both sides have did soemthing that deserves criticism but as you see obama gets a pass all the time. A great time to call obama out was when he tried to chanel MLK which was a ploy to show black people he is pro black. Instead he should have been forced to discuss his political views.

Obama constantly praised in the Media - He is making a lot of news-worthy stories. His speeches are phenomenal. He draws in record crowds...from all parties and demographic groups. He has been David to Goliath from the beginning...his inching his way to the front after starting out so far behind is noteworthy. He won yesterday's primaries by landslides. The media also talks about his lack of experience etc. Like my answer above, there is just more dirt to dish on Hillary. Yes obama is a media superstar.

Oprah endorsed him - Endorsements get you a free blip on the news reports...they don't really sway voters. Yes oprah can and she has been trying to get some of hillary votes from women for obama. And although she is no journalist she should have remained bipartisan since she is similar to a journalist.

Hillary-lovers are labelled as uneducated Idiots - If the shoe fits....lol Just Kidding! I think what you're talking about is another demographic breakdown by the MSM...when you look at voters who have a college degree, a higher percentage seems to be voting for Obama. I don't think they are implying that those voting for Hillary are "uneducated idiots." Ok so if they really wnated to break it down by demographics then why not expose obama is getting the black low class ghetto votes. Again another one of thier attempts to try and make us go against hillary.

Barack Obama is winning because many Americans are tired of politics as usual in Washington. He has proven that he is a hard worker and can get people to come together for the common good. He has sound policies. Hillary Clinton will not bring anything new to the White House.
I stand by everything I just said obama is getting a free pass in the media while hillary is constantly being bash over any and everything. And if someone is offended by the things I said then don't wacth cnn, msnbc, or fox news who has made this whole race about race and gender. From what I see the obama campaign and his supporter;s are doing more dividing than uniting.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
Hillary Clinton's "image" was cast over 16 years ago. I know-- I was a volunteer for the Bill Clinton 1992 campaign.

What were you doing 16 years ago?
I was in elementary school lol! But what does that has to do with anything now hillary has proven she has what it takes to lead america.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections