Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 01:25 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,466,444 times

Advertisements

I won't leave Obama blameless, he's had his share of borderline truths.

But McCain's campaign has outdone itself and every campaign in modern history for the depths to which it has sunk in negative aspersions and technical "truths." McCain needs to come out and calm down the Muslim/Terrorist/HatesWhitey crazies in his base. Instead, he's allowed Palin to fan the flames and done precious little to keep the extremists from going off the deep end.

This could end very badly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 01:28 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times
I'm not even voting for the guy and I think his campaign was ran almost to perfection. I suspect there was discussion about how being half black would resonate with America as a whole as there are those (as witnessed by recent events) who are still not in this century in their acceptance of such a thing. So from the start they had to run a spotless and immaculate campaign based more on positive features than negative ones. This is not to say they have hit some bumps along the way but as far as a campaign is managed, they used every medium of getting the word out as masterful as a jedi.

I am of the opinion that the biggest hurdle of the campaign isn't even McCain but instead defeating the Clinton machine and kingship of the Democratic Party. Once they unseated Hillary, McCain was little more than a pot hole in the road to dodge.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:51 PM

959 posts, read 1,824,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
He has never used any of the filthy tactics that the McCain/Palin campaign have embraced. He has integrity and has stayed on point in his messages to the people of this country. I know that right wing sheep will freak out at this thread and ramble on and on about all of the propaganda BS that they have thrown out at Obama, but it will not make a bit of difference, as the right wing exremist Fascists are in their death throws. They are like vampires that have been exposed to the light of day.

You must be deaf, dumb and blind if you really believe this crap.

Kristine

Old 10-28-2008, 01:55 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,856,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
It's paying off. Quite literally the Senator has run the campaign with the skill and determination of the finest surgeon.
Word.

Many PR professionals will be studying Obama's campaign for decades to come; how he was able to "reach the unreachable" in the electorate.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:59 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
You must be deaf, dumb and blind if you really believe this crap.

Kristine
Helen Keller was deaf dumb and blind and proved to be a brilliant and accomplished woman... as opposed to McInsane/Palin supporters, that might have the three senses of hearing, speaking and seeing, but are totally void of common sense.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:00 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times
lol.

Quote:
He has never used any of the filthy tactics that the McCain/Palin campaign have embraced. He has integrity and has stayed on point in his messages to the people of this country. I know that right wing sheep will freak out at this thread and ramble on and on about all of the propaganda BS that they have thrown out at Obama, but it will not make a bit of difference, as the right wing exremist Fascists are in their death throws. They are like vampires that have been exposed to the light of day.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:02 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,280,243 times
Quote:
as opposed to McInsane/Palin supporters, that might have the three senses of hearing, speaking and seeing but no common sense.
How progressive, forward thinking and tolerant of you. What I love most is how accepting you are of others beliefs.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:03 PM

959 posts, read 1,824,585 times
Quote:
Helen Keller was deaf dumb and blind and proved to be a brilliant and accomplished woman... as opposed to McInsane/Palin supporters, that might have the three senses of hearing, speaking and seeing but no common sense.

Clearly you don't feel like you need to follow your messiah's lead. You can't post your thoughts without calling people childish names.

Kristine

Old 10-28-2008, 02:05 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,494,719 times
Obama is definitely guilty of his share of half-truths that are found in every single political campaign, and I dare any Obama supporter to say differently, but McCain, or rather his campaign, has actually scraped the bottom of the barrel in trying to spread fear of Obama.

Obama's campaign staffers are in a completely different league compared with the dated, contrived tactics of the McCain campaign. "Joe the Plumber"? "Joe Six-Pack"? "Palling around with terrorists"? Who buys these anachronistic tactics from 1988?

Nauseating. I guess McCain really did get the leftovers from Bush's 2004 run. Or rather, the same crude tactics that were successful against the confused and wavering Kerry were no match for the efficiency and intelligence of Obama's.

Definitely one of the best-run campaigns in modern political history.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:05 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,183,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
I pray that our GOD will SAVE AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL!
God is saving America.

Mod edit: No signatures in posts

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 10-28-2008 at 02:07 PM.. Reason: place signatures in profiles, not in posts please
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections