Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2008, 10:10 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,307,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophetx2 View Post
"... such as promoting a Palestinian state at the expense of Israel."

WOW! If that isn't past paranoid I'm truly baffled. How do people think up these things?!?!?! How can anyone be semi-serious with politics and actually think this is REMOTELY possible?
You seem smart enough to not be baffled by such a possibility. You might want to dig into Obama's life a little deeper. He carries a LOT of mysterious baggage that will probably blow your little mind away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 10:13 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
I live in Illinois and have followed Obama's political *cough*choke* career from the beginning. I have also worked with him and others in the Illinois legislature on school funding issues. Those are exactly the reasons I can voting for McCain.
Democrats just don't seem to care about facts or the lack of them. For a man who has written an autobiography, his life certainly is no open book.
I'm really curious. Are you by any chance the person he beat out for his state rep seat? I'm really not trying to be insulting but your remarks about him seem so...oh I don't know...just so "personal" that I wonder about that everytime I read one of your messages about him? Again, I really am not trying to be insulting. I'm just curious.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:18 PM
LML

Senator Obama graduated Magna from Harvard. He had to EARN that. Harvard does not give away that honor based on Affirmative Action, life stories, friendship with others, etc. etc. Anyone who has any knowledge of Harvard at all would know that.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:29 PM

532 posts, read 859,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prophetx2 View Post
He is human like you and me and maybe he prefers a bit of privacy..certainly I do. Unless he is doing something illegal that is provable within court then he is innocent as taught by any basic social studies class.

I honestly don't care if you support McCain or Obama nor do you care who I support.

The only point I was trying to make is that to suggest or belittle his academic achievements is going over the "wtf logic?!" line.
We all like our privacy, but if you are running for public office--you have to be an open book, as far as your accomplishments are concerned. No one is belittleing his academic achievements. We don't even know what they are, but are trying to find out. If he wishes to keep his privacy, he should not be running for public office. We know about Sarah Palin's poor academic records, and Mccain's also, and they are belittled. Why shouldn't we know about Obama's? You'd think he would want to flaunt them, if they are so good. I really didn't care about knowing--but since he is so secretive about them, It peaks my curiosity.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberta View Post
We all like our privacy, but if you are running for public office--you have to be an open book, as far as your accomplishments are concerned. No one is belittleing his academic achievements. We don't even know what they are, but are trying to find out. If he wishes to keep his privacy, he should not be running for public office. We know about Sarah Palin's poor academic records, and Mccain's also, and they are belittled. Why shouldn't we know about Obama's? You'd think he would want to flaunt them, if they are so good. I really didn't care about knowing--but since he is so secretive about them, It peaks my curiosity.
Well said and to the point! Everyone should view this matter just as you do...

Old 10-28-2008, 10:42 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
It is a little odd to me that no one seems to have come forth and said, hey I knew that guy in college, great guy, etc. or at least I haven't seen any thing.
I bet if I were running for president, all my classmates and professors would be clamoring to be on the news..Hey I knew Crazyma, she is awesome, what a great gal! You guys will love her, she will be a great asset to our nation

Old 10-28-2008, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
It is a little odd to me that no one seems to have come forth and said, hey I knew that guy in college, great guy, etc. or at least I haven't seen any thing.
I bet if I were running for president, all my classmates and professors would be clamoring to be on the news..Hey I knew Crazyma, she is awesome, what a great gal! You guys will love her, she will be a great asset to our nation
Yep! It's so clear that something is very, very wrong...

Old 10-28-2008, 11:05 PM
LML

Quote:

How in the world do you know that this hasn't happened. For all you know there are Columbia alumn all over the world right now telling stories at parties about when they were in school with "old Barack." Just because none are telling them to you doesn't mean that they aren't doing it. You people amaze me. You live in your little cyberworlds and read every paranoid blog while wearing your tinfoil hats and somehow think that you have discoverd great secrets that no one else has discovered. In the morning, grab a cup of coffee, put on your jacket, and go out into the real world...talk to real people. It just might open your eyes.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:07 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,937,966 times
Quote:
Exactly. What I found strange is that no one vouched for Obama's character at the Democratic convention. Sure there were plenty of Democratic politicians proclaiming their support for Obama, but none of them really know Obama at the personal level. Usually that's the role of close friends, especially college classmates.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:09 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Columbia College Today | COVER STORY - Barack Obama ’83 - Is He the New Face of The Democratic Party?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections