Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 01:53 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,466,444 times

Advertisements

Joe Vogler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :

"The Alaskan Independence Party quotes Vogler as stating 'I'm an Alaskan, not an American. I've got no use for America or her damned institutions.'"

Vaguely reminds me of....hmmmm....someone....uh....oh, yeah! Now I remember...

The chickens have come home to roost!

And then there's this:

"Vogler disappeared under suspicious circumstances in May 1993,[4] just weeks before he was scheduled to give a speech to the United Nations on Alaskan independence, sponsored by the government of Iran.[5][6] Convicted thief Manfried West confessed to having murdered Vogler the following year in what he described as an illegal plastic explosive sale gone bad.[4] Manfried West, trying to recant, later said the confession was a lie, but this was before Vogler's body had been discovered.[7] Vogler's remains were discovered in a gravel pit east of Fairbanks in October 1994 following an anonymous tip.[4] They had been wrapped in a blue tarp secured with duct tape and were identified through fingerprint analysis.[4] Manfried West was convicted of murdering Joe Vogler and is serving an 80 year sentence.[6]"

Joe Vogler. Not at all like Timothy McVeigh. Or Jeremiah Wright. Joe Vogler, Real Alaskan Hero.

Old 11-01-2008, 01:58 PM

511 posts, read 658,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
That's fine with me

After all, I only said that he had some legit reasons for his feelings towards the federal government. If you want to take that as a full on defense of him, go right ahead. But for the record, I am a legal resident of the State of Alaska and am very anti-Palin.
Even my own Native American people have some legit excuses, however I am not for such hate groups and hate speech because it ends up inspiring people to do things like the OKC Bombing, as seen by McVeigh bombing the federal building. There is no excuse for killing innocent children or anyone else, especially when the majority of people in this country have no problem with us being the United States.

Why dont you also explain to me why Vogler thought using a nuclear weapon to melt ice to look for gold was an okay thing? There is no excuse or complaint to justify such a thing.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:04 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,356,109 times
hard for me to believe that Ms. Palin actually did not say something incredibly stupid and "anti-american" in this address, but the fact is, she did not! Unfairness from either the right or the left is despicable. Anyhow, the left doesn't "need it". . . we've been handed plenty of REAL AMUNITION on a silver platter!

"my fellow prisoners". . . John McCain
"real Americans". . . Sarah Palin
well, the list goes on (and in fact, gets worse) and I am not taking anything out of context!

Old 11-01-2008, 02:07 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Unless someone says a la rev. Wright "god d*&^ America, it's ok with the McPalin people.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:12 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftingthoughts View Post
Vogler was a wingnut hate spewing anti-american, who even said we should nuke the glaciers because there is gold under them.

I do not think I will be debating someone that defends a person who got IRAN to sponsor them on the UN Floor to secede a state of the USA. Nor will I debate a person defending a group that has among their member not only Todd Palin (for a long time) but also Norm Olsen, Timothy McVeigh's mentor.
Olsen could hardly be McVeigh's "mentor" when he kicked McVeigh out of his militia for being too radical and dangerous. Vogler hated the federal government. There is a difference between hating the government, and hating the people of a country. The federal government violated international agreements in the statehood vote.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohdane View Post
Joe Vogler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :

"The Alaskan Independence Party quotes Vogler as stating 'I'm an Alaskan, not an American. I've got no use for America or her damned institutions.'"

Vaguely reminds me of....hmmmm....someone....uh....oh, yeah! Now I remember...

The chickens have come home to roost!

And then there's this:

"Vogler disappeared under suspicious circumstances in May 1993,[4] just weeks before he was scheduled to give a speech to the United Nations on Alaskan independence, sponsored by the government of Iran.[5][6] Convicted thief Manfried West confessed to having murdered Vogler the following year in what he described as an illegal plastic explosive sale gone bad.[4] Manfried West, trying to recant, later said the confession was a lie, but this was before Vogler's body had been discovered.[7] Vogler's remains were discovered in a gravel pit east of Fairbanks in October 1994 following an anonymous tip.[4] They had been wrapped in a blue tarp secured with duct tape and were identified through fingerprint analysis.[4] Manfried West was convicted of murdering Joe Vogler and is serving an 80 year sentence.[6]"

Joe Vogler. Not at all like Timothy McVeigh. Or Jeremiah Wright. Joe Vogler, Real Alaskan Hero.
Vogler was likely murdered by the government.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftingthoughts View Post
Even my own Native American people have some legit excuses, however I am not for such hate groups and hate speech because it ends up inspiring people to do things like the OKC Bombing, as seen by McVeigh bombing the federal building. There is no excuse for killing innocent children or anyone else, especially when the majority of people in this country have no problem with us being the United States.

Why dont you also explain to me why Vogler thought using a nuclear weapon to melt ice to look for gold was an okay thing? There is no excuse or complaint to justify such a thing.
Nothing the AIP is saying is remotely like McVeigh, or Ayers. I pressed you for evidence to back up assertions you made in that other thread, and you refused. Why is that? You are also making sweeping generalizations about people simply because they don't like the government. Sounds too fascist to me, it's very American to question and even hate the government, and yes, to even advocate secession. Most of our founders believed in it being a right, the Constitution allows for it. Killing innocent people over these stances is not acceptable, but the McVeighs and Ayers are few and far between.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:15 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
Why don't you explain to me why you think I think that using a nuclear weapon to melt ice is an "okay thing"?

What I said--and I repeat--was that he had some legit reasons for his feelings about the federal government with regards to their involvement in Alaska.

Please stop trying to put words in my mouth. If you want to debate, debate what I actually said and not what you imagined.

Old 11-01-2008, 03:03 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
I wish that people would understand that we've had a governor in Alaska who was a member of the AIP, and nothing got blown up.

Old 11-01-2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I wish that people would understand that we've had a governor in Alaska who was a member of the AIP, and nothing got blown up.
You're not supposed to confuse anyone with facts met, you should know better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections