Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 08:35 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,994 times

Advertisements

I'm glad I saw this on another site,I am,but my husband is NOT!! Why on earth would that be? We've moved since the last presidential election,but why not both of us? I know he registered as democrat last time,but I marked Independant. Hmmm...

Check here: Can I Vote? | Find Out If You Are Registered to Vote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 09:13 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,264,790 times
Thanks for posting that! It shows both my husband and myself as INACTIVE! Even though we have voted as recently as 2006.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:04 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
I'm glad I saw this on another site,I am,but my husband is NOT!! Why on earth would that be? We've moved since the last presidential election,but why not both of us? I know he registered as democrat last time,but I marked Independant. Hmmm...

Check here: Can I Vote? | Find Out If You Are Registered to Vote
This is probably the most important thread here...tis a shame the fluff is on top.....nothing else matters if you can't vote.....and there's lots of shenanigans going on to steal votes!!!!

Old 10-05-2008, 10:23 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,703,232 times
One of my dear friends is hispanic, and their last name is a fairly typical hispanic name, Hernandez. Well, when they went to their polling location, they had learned that someone had already voted under their name. It was likely an illegal alien who just produced a false name so that they could vote. You aren't required to show ID either, so there is no way of keeping people like this out of polling locations.

Whats worse is that the people at the registration table were handing the voters the clipboard so they could go find their name on the list...talk about fraudulent voting.

There is a lot of it going on. Its the unfortunate failures of our Democratic process.

So, in the end, my friend was not able to vote, but a non-taxpaying illegal alien was allowed to.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:29 PM

523 posts, read 1,680,693 times
This was mentioned at the end of PBS' Bill Moyer's Journal on 10/3. Bill Moyers Journal . Voter Essentials | PBS His site discusses the findings of the Brennan Center for Justice that millions of records have been purged. Voter Purges | Brennan Center for Justice

It is very important that we get the word out that people need to check their registration now!!! The deadline for registation varies by state. Time is limited so be sure to check now!!!!

Go to: Can I Vote? | Find Out If You Are Registered to Vote or Election Protection - The Nation’s Largest Nonpartisan Voter Protection Coalition.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:50 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
This is an excellent info resource...thanks for posting this.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:36 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,954,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
It was likely an illegal alien who just produced a false name so that they could vote. You aren't required to show ID either, so there is no way of keeping people like this out of polling locations.
Nice try, but in California, just like in most states, you will be asked to show a photo ID as well as the registration card showing your address. From the California Secretary of State:

“In person” voters must show a “current and valid photo identification”

FAQ - ID Requirements - California Secretary of State

Old 10-06-2008, 08:56 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Thanks for posting that! It shows both my husband and myself as INACTIVE! Even though we have voted as recently as 2006.
Oh wow! Do you still have time to register??

Old 11-02-2008, 04:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Nice try, but in California, just like in most states, you will be asked to show a photo ID as well as the registration card showing your address. From the California Secretary of State:

“In person” voters must show a “current and valid photo identification”

[URL="http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/hava_id_requirements.htm"]FAQ - ID Requirements - California Secretary of State[/URL]
In California the only time you are required to show ID is if you have not voted in a federal election at the polls, or if you failed to provide a CA DL or ID number or the last 4 digits of your social security number that matches your name on your registration card.

I work for the Registrar of Voters office in a CA county, and we actually have to train poll workers NOT to ask voters for ID unless it's specifically stated that they must.

The link you provided on the SOS website notes this as well.

Old 11-02-2008, 04:44 PM

259 posts, read 158,118 times
I vote in every election ,. primary or general so I have no worries
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections